PDA

View Full Version : Expert Picks for tommorows game

steeld95
12-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Looks like most of the so called "experts" think we lose tommorow. I like it! I think LeBeau has something up his sleeve for Flacco. We are going to terrorize him!!! What the heck is wrong with Merril...picking them! :ratsuck

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

DHSF
12-14-2008, 12:44 AM
Wow, even Hoge picked the Ravens.

Wolfhound45
12-14-2008, 12:50 AM
They have good reason to pick Baltimore. This game is for all of the marbles in the AFC North and we are playing on the road. The one thing that we have going for us is that Flacco is a rookie. I am with those posters that say Coach Lebeau has something special for him tomorrow. He is going to be running for his life.

NKySteeler
12-14-2008, 02:15 AM
The one thing that we have going for us is that Flacco is a rookie.

True statement.... But he has been playing quite well...... I'd say that the "rookie of the year" comes down to him and Matt Ryan.....

While I DO THINK we will win, I think it's a mistake to overlook Balt because of a rookie qb... Remember, we did pretty darn well when Ben was a rookie....

Steeler Shades
12-14-2008, 09:36 AM
The one thing that we have going for us is that Flacco is a rookie. True statement.... But he has been playing quite well...... I'd say that the "rookie of the year" comes down to him and Matt Ryan.....

While I DO THINK we will win, I think it's a mistake to overlook Balt because of a rookie qb... Remember, we did pretty darn well when Ben was a rookie....
Agreed.
Hopefully the Steelers spent more time this week figuring out how Ben was going to stay alive and put up more than 20 points instead of counting on a rookie QB to make enough mistakes so that we can survive another anemic offensive effort. It is time for Ben to step up in this game and show what he can do against the # 2 defense in the NFL. Hopefully Flacco won't out perform him against the # 1 defense and we'll prove the "experts" wrong. 8)

Oviedo
12-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Most people may not realize that the Ravens have the highest per game points average in the NFL over the last 6-8 weeks. They are a very good team while I don't think we will lose, losing is a possibility if we make mistakes.

Ben will have to play significantly better than he has been for us to be successful. This game will be on his shoulders since it is unlikely we will get much out of the running game. This game will be determined by errors so if "Bad Ben" and the interceptions come out we are done. If "Good Ben" is playing I think this game could be a victory with a bigger margin of victory than many anticipate. I'm counting on "Good Ben" and I think the defense gets minimum 4 sacks and 2 INTs.

Steelers 27 'Birds 13