PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we...

SteelerNation1
12-13-2008, 01:29 AM
...run an unbalanced oline with max starks switching sides over to the right next to colon? I think our running would benefit from this formation. Thoughts?

frankthetank1
12-13-2008, 11:55 AM
kind of like what the stains do right? i dont see why not. at this point they should be trying anything to get the run game going

BigLebowski
12-13-2008, 12:20 PM
kind of like what the stains do right? i dont see why not. at this point they should be trying anything to get the run game going

I agree, but I truly wonder if they really want to get the running game going. If they truly want to get the running game back, they would go back to basics. They would put a full back in the backfield and most importantly block man on man and stop the zone blocking scheme. We have big, strong, maulers for an offensive line, not small and mobile lineman built for the zone scheme. But what do I know, I am just a fan who pays thousands each year to see them play.

:2c

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2008, 12:26 PM
...run an unbalanced oline with max starks switching sides over to the right next to colon? I think our running would benefit from this formation. Thoughts?

You have seen Max trying (I emphasize trying) to block from the right side the past few years, haven't you? Ever since the Super Bowl season, when he did an admirable job as a RT, he seems to be as awkward blocking from the right side as I would be if I tried bat from the left side of the plate (needless to say, I am not a switch hitter). :lol:

birtikidis
12-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Ruthless, i always assumed you were a switch hitter. My gaydar goes off when you post....

lol i'm just kidding of course

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Ruthless, i always assumed you were a switch hitter. My gaydar goes off when you post....

lol i'm just kidding of course

There are a select few who are so manly that they actually cause gaydar to malfunction since it simply cannot handle the sheer awesomeness. Among those people are James Harrison, RuthlessBurgher, Mr. T, Gary Roberts, Chuck Norris, and (just so we don't get another Lee vs. Norris post from ASAIN), Bruce Lee. :P

NorCal-Steeler
12-13-2008, 02:17 PM
I'd like to see them line Harrison or big snack up as full back and run parker up the middle let Ray Ray and Harrsion lock up head to head for ultimate bragging rights.

flippy
12-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Let's try it.

Or go 5 wide to spread the defense out and slow the pass rush....

ROLROC
12-14-2008, 10:13 AM

I agree, but I truly wonder if they really want to get the running game going. If they truly want to get the running game back, they would go back to basics. They would put a full back in the backfield and most importantly block man on man and stop the zone blocking scheme. We have big, strong, maulers for an offensive line, not small and mobile lineman built for the zone scheme. But what do I know, I am just a fan who pays thousands each year to see them play.

my thoughts exactly!

steelcityrules!!
12-14-2008, 12:33 PM

your :2c are worth their virtual weight in gold sir...
the kreider's and neal's of the league were merely tossed aside last season, and look at the rushing production of the steelers and chargers since.

line up john mchugh today and let him punch bart scott in the teeth a few times with willie and russell moving the chains.

I'M GETTING PUMPED UP FOR THIS GAME SUCKA'S!!!!

Iron Shiek
12-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Pumped ain't the word. Im trying to remain calm, went to breakfast, took my boy out back to shoot his new B.B. gun, anything to let time pass. If I saw a Raven fan at Cracker Barrel I might have Terry Tate'd him ripped his jersey off him and threw it in the fire.

Eat it Rats!

Oh and being in C-bus wearing a Steelers jersey got me TWO "GO STEELERS" comments from various diners in the restaurant. Awesome.

As for the blocking, I'm up for anything that gets our running game going. I don't predict though, that they suddenly try something completely new at this point in the season...although its defenitely called for and worth a shot.

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Im trying to remain calm, went to breakfast, took my boy out back to shoot his new B.B. gun, anything to let time pass.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2154/2342475265_7b1e33f8ff.jpg

:lol: