PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Pro Bowl?

RKSteel
12-12-2008, 01:41 PM
This was reported on the Baltimore Sun website. Pittsburgh paper website don't have any Steeler pro bowl info.

Pro Bowl leaders
Four Ravens finished first at their respective positions in fan voting for the 2009 Pro Bowl. Inside linebacker Ray Lewis, free safety Ed Reed, fullback McClainand special teams ace Brendon Ayanbadejo earned the most votes at their positions.

Ayanbadejo overcame a deficit of 10,619 votes to beat out the Pittsburgh Steelers' Anthony Madison by 49,532. Outside linebacker Terrell Suggs finished fifth in voting.

Fan voting, which ended Tuesday, will count one-third toward determining the 43-man AFC roster at the Pro Bowl. NFL players and coaches cast their votes yesterday and today. The AFC and NFC rosters will be announced Tuesday at 4 p.m. on the NFL Pro Bowl Selection Show on the NFL Network.

steelernation77
12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
aybadejo has a reputation from his time in chicago, i'm sure he got bears fans votes.

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Keyaron Fox should have been on the ballot for special teams for the Steelers instead of Anthony Madison.

SteelerNation1
12-12-2008, 03:14 PM
I disagree Ruthless. Madison has been our best and most consistent STer. Maybe, big maybe, if Fox didn't get injured early he'd get the nod from but I still say Madison

SteelerNation1
12-12-2008, 03:15 PM
The worst thing is, Brandon Ayabandejo isnt even the Ravens best STer. Its #50. That dude is a house. He abused Anthony Smith on nearly every special teams coverage play when we played them in Sept

RKSteel
12-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Found this on "Behindthesteelcurtain.com"

Below is a link to a Washington Post article with a link to an Excel document with the Pro Bowl voting. Remember, fan voting is only 1/3 of the voting. To summarize the AFC standings:

Big Ben: 4th

Hines Ward: 5th

Carey Davis: 4th

Heath Miller: 4th

Justin Hartwig: 4th

Chris Kemoeatu: 4th

Aaron Smith: 5th

Casey Hampton: 2nd

James Harrison: 2nd

James Farrior: 2nd

Larry Foote: 3rd

Ike Taylor: 5th

Troy Polamalu: 1st

Ryan Clark: 3rd

A couple things stick out: James Harrison is not first in outside linebackers, but J Peezy is first, so it's not that bad. Also, Kemo is closer to the Pro Bowl than Aaron Smith or Ike Taylor. This is a travesty. Also, little used Carey Davis is in the running for a Pro Bowl spot. And I would love to see Ryan Clark get his first Pro Bowl.

The NFC standings are ridiculous if anyone cares: I think 9 Redskins are leading vote getters.

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Also, Larry Foote is 3rd among inside LB's in the AFC? He's the 3rd best inside LB on this team.

And where the @#$% is LaMarr Woodley's name on that list???

flippy
12-12-2008, 06:04 PM
And Brett Keisel. He's becoming more and more like Aaron Smith every day.

Oh, I guess that means in another 5 years he'll be #6?