PDA

View Full Version : Neil Odonnell's Revenge!

SteelStallion
12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Too ironic, Romo "throws it where he isn't' to lose the game, O'donnell style!

I don't know why I'm just posting this now. I think I'm still riding the high from last Sunday. What can I say, It got me through the week.

Wolfhound45
12-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Only difference is, Witten admitted he ran the wrong route.

ramblinjim
12-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Well and it wasn't the Super Bowl.... But a win against Dallas always makes the week better.

stlrz d
12-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I still believe Witten ran the wrong route because Dick LeBeau's D confused him.

flippy
12-12-2008, 06:18 PM

So did some WR on the DVE post game show after the SuperBowl XXX.

But it never got covered or mentioned again.

I think I'm the only person that heard that lockeroom interview.

That was not Neil's fault.

stlrz d
12-12-2008, 08:12 PM

After the game Jim Gray of NBC tried to get NoD to admit the receiver didn't break off his route like he should have and NoD said, "I'm not gonna get into stuff like that. We win as a team and we lose as a team".

frunko1
12-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Witten didn't run the wrong route though. Woodley got in Romo's face, Witten slipped when he did his cut, and Romo overthrew the ball.

It was a nice combination of things going right. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

mshifko
12-12-2008, 11:19 PM
romo's passes all game were horrendous...the guy can't play in cold weather...

big ben didn't make the big time mistakes romo made and that was the difference

frankthetank1
12-13-2008, 02:41 PM
romo's passes all game were horrendous...the guy can't play in cold weather...

big ben didn't make the big time mistakes romo made and that was the difference

i dont know about weather, i dont think he can play against a good defense. he is from wisconsin and he went to college in illinois

SteelStallion
12-13-2008, 04:01 PM
As I recall NoD made some vague remark after the game that wasn't a direct finger point but reading between the lines he implied that it was the receiver's fault. But come on- he did it twice and it cost them a SB. I don't remember the exact quote, but it was his last as a Steeler. Anyway it's been a long time since we beat a really good Cowboy team. Too sweet. :tt2

Mel Blount's G
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM

After the game Jim Gray of NBC tried to get NoD to admit the receiver didn't break off his route like he should have and NoD said, "I'm not gonna get into stuff like that. We win as a team and we lose as a team".
You didn't hear the same comments I did because I will never forget that Neil took no none zero nada responsibility for what happned. I was therefore glad he was run out of town. I'm still bitter about it. I also remember neil being inaccurate with some of his throws and leading his receivers into kill shots from cowgirl safety Scott Case. And they were still catching hi crappy thows. No, neil lost us the game and then never took responsibility for his part in it. The receivers may have missed their hot read pattern-cut offs but those mistakes in temselves didn't lose us the game. A sack and/or punt would have been much preferable to what resulted. I think o'dummell was scared to get hit that game. Arrrrggghhh, I get riled up again thinkng about it!

And as far as his "revenge", neil got it in that comeback victory when he led the bungles downfield and threw a td to carl pickens to beat us about 10 years ago or so. I actually damaged some of my household after that loss. That one really hurt because of my extreme dislike for o'dummell

TallyStiller
12-13-2008, 06:46 PM

Courtney Hawkins. As I recall, those were read routes in Gilbride's 4WR set. They blitzed, which meant the appropriate read was to cut the route short. Hawkins went deep, but Neil oD looked really bad because Bam "Honest officer, I don't know how the 6 pounds of dope got in my trunk" Morris picked up the blitzer and he had a clean pocket when he threw the ball... to al the world, it looked like he either panicked or had money on the Cowboys, and threw a crazy pass straight to Larry Brown.

BigLebowski
12-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Courtney Hawkins. As I recall, those were read routes in Gilbride's 4WR set. They blitzed, which meant the appropriate read was to cut the route short. Hawkins went deep, but Neil oD looked really bad because Bam "Honest officer, I don't know how the 6 pounds of dope got in my trunk" Morris picked up the blitzer and he had a clean pocket when he threw the ball... to al the world, it looked like he either panicked or had money on the Cowboys, and threw a crazy pass straight to Larry Brown.

It was not Courtney Hawkins it was Corey Holliday. As much blame that Neil gets, it is not solely his fault. It took LLoyd till the second half to finally understand that if he tried to rush the QB on every play, the pulling guard would eat him alive in the running game.

stlrz d
12-13-2008, 07:42 PM
You didn't hear the same comments I did because I will never forget that Neil took no none zero nada responsibility for what happned. [/quote:3tfvzwct]

I assure you what I posted is almost exactly what he said after the game.

Don't let your inability to let something go obscure the facts.

[quote=TallyStiller]

It was not Courtney Hawkins it was Corey Holliday. As much blame that Neil gets, it is not solely his fault. It took LLoyd till the second half to finally understand that if he tried to rush the QB on every play, the pulling guard would eat him alive in the running game.

Correct.

Mel Blount's G
12-13-2008, 08:44 PM
[quote="Mel Blount's G":5p7l3ttj][quote="stlrz d":5p7l3ttj]
You didn't hear the same comments I did because I will never forget that Neil took no none zero nada responsibility for what happned. [/quote:5p7l3ttj]

I assure you what I posted is almost exactly what he said after the game.

Don't let your inability to let something go obscure the facts.[/quote:5p7l3ttj]
But you do realize that's not all that was said in that interview. You're right about my inability to let it go SD. But I so remember waiting for Neil to take one for the team after that game and I specifically remember he did pretty much the opposite. He seemed to imply he had nothing to do with those mistakes and like I said before his receivers were laying out for balls across the middle and taking some shots from scott case. That alone had irked me about neil's performance. And then he wasn't willing, imo, to eat the ball and take some shots when and if his receivers failed to break off their routes for those blitz hot-reads. I probably could have forgiven one of those. But two? he ball wen from his hand directly to larry brown's, without hesitation. The receiver, even if they didn't make the correct read and adjust their routes, did not throw the ball to the opposition for 14 points.

Ah jeez, here I go again. I'm sorry guys. I hope y'all can at least understand my pain on this one and cut me some slack for my pissing and moaning.. :oops:

I wonder if I can dig up a transcript of that post game interview somewhere on the www

stlrz d
12-13-2008, 09:27 PM
I honestly don't remember there being more to it than that Mel. My memory's pretty good but it's not perfect of course.

Anyway, let it go...you'll feel better. :)

Wolfhound45
12-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Witten didn't run the wrong route though. Woodley got in Romo's face, Witten slipped when he did his cut, and Romo overthrew the ball.

It was a nice combination of things going right. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Okay, for clarification, whether he stumbles, trips, or falls, he is still not on his route. He admitted it was his fault, that RT was throwing to a spot that he was not at. Difference is, another "unnamed" wide receiver did not do the same after SB XXX.

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2008, 01:55 AM

Yup...one of those Larry Brown picks was intended to go to Holliday, and the other was intended for Andre Hastings. Who truly knows whether it was the WR or the QB's fault in either case.

flippy
12-14-2008, 08:49 AM

The receiver admitted it.