PDA

View Full Version : I've read the omens... and I'm afraid...

RussBII
12-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Before every big game I get a little superstitious throughout the week.

I look for signs in everything, the latest Sports Illustrated, bumper stickers, what jerseys I see in public, etc. This week the word "raven" has popped up in a few of my web comics, a word game I like to play, and don't even get me started on Sports Illustrated. It's got me a little spooked.

Fortunately, I felt the same way before the NE game. Leaving the bar after the Cincinarsety game, the first car I got behind had a HUGE Patriots magnet on it, and we saw how that turned out. So evidentally, I'm a horrible horrible shaman/soothsayer.

Does anyone else do this silliness?

MeetJoeGreene
12-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Superstions are silly.
They really don't mean anything.
Every now and then I get wierd about wearing the same shirt.
Eventually that kind of silliness wears off however.
Look instead to the cold, hard facts and statistics.
Error on the side of reason.
Ridiculous as it may seem.
Sometimes ya just gotta believe.

decode that!!!

flippy
12-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Superstions are silly.

decode that!!!

MJG says we're winning the SuperBowl.

Cause come the playoffs no one will be able to decode our D and have success.

Oviedo
12-12-2008, 10:00 AM
You have nothing to fear except fear itself

MeetJoeGreene
12-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Superstions are silly.

decode that!!!

MJG says we're winning the SuperBowl.

Cause come the playoffs no one will be able to decode our D and have success.

Perhaps I am
Implying
That.
There is
Something to be said for our defensive
Blitzing schemes that leave opposing teams
Unsure of where the pass
Rush is coming from. Not even Roger
Goodell and his crooked referees can
Halt our march to destiny!!!

Acero
12-12-2008, 10:18 AM
It's bad luck to be superstitious.

GO STEELERS!

:ratsuck

RussBII
12-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Just because I'm
A little weird about this
Minor superstition, doesn't mean
Everything won't come out in favor of the
Steelers.

However, it might be
A bit prudent to
Realize that the
Ravens do have a decent team.
I'm not
So worried that I can't sleep. Any
Other game, and I'd be less
Nervous. But this game

Will determine a lot
In the division and
Later on.
Losing will break my heart.

Everyone's well wishes have
Already lifted my
Tepid spirits. Thanks for making me

Feel a whole
Lot better.
Anyway, I
Can always
Count on Steeler Nation to pull me through an
Otherwise worrisome week.

NC Steeler Fan
12-12-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm pulling for a W and NO INJURIES...this is
gonna be brutal.

No signs either way for me this week.

rpmpit
12-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Just because I'm
A little weird about this
Minor superstition, doesn't mean
Everything won't come out in favor of the
Steelers.

However, it might be
A bit prudent to
Realize that the
Ravens do have a decent team.
I'm not
So worried that I can't sleep. Any
Other game, and I'd be less
Nervous. But this game

Will determine a lot
In the division and
Later on.
Losing will break my heart.

Everyone's well wishes have
Already lifted my
Tepid spirits. Thanks for making me

Feel a whole
Lot better.
Anyway, I
Can always
Count on Steeler Nation to pull me through an
Otherwise worrisome week.

NICE!!!

Then he can have Ray-Ray for desert :twisted:

pittpete
12-12-2008, 01:29 PM
My 3 year old had on his #10 Stewart jersey during the game.
I thought o crap why didnt he wear his Roethlisberger jersey.
"Oh crap this is bad luck"
Made him take the jersey off at halftime, Steelers win.......

rpmpit
12-12-2008, 01:42 PM

I don't know if I mentioned this yet but last week a similar thing happened to me. I was wearing #58, the wife was in her #95 Lloyd, armpit Jr. was in his Troy #43 and my dad-in-law was in his #7 Ben. My mom-in-law was wearing a purple t-shirt. Early in the 4th she comes downstairs wearing a black Steelers shirt (she doesn't have a jersey - yet :D ) and the rest is history.

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2008, 04:47 PM

I don't know if I mentioned this yet but last week a similar thing happened to me. I was wearing #58, the wife was in her #95 Lloyd, armpit Jr. was in his Troy #43 and my dad-in-law was in his #7 Ben. My mom-in-law was wearing a purple t-shirt. Early in the 4th she comes downstairs wearing a black Steelers shirt (she doesn't have a jersey - yet :D ) and the rest is history.

The wife sporting the Lloyd...nice. Normally, the ladies go for the glamour positions or the pretty boys...not bad@$$es from yesteryear. :Steel

rpmpit
12-12-2008, 04:54 PM

The wife sporting the Lloyd...nice. Normally, the ladies go for the glamour positions or the pretty boys...not bad@$$es from yesteryear. :Steel

Its actually my old jersey that she bought for me when we started dating. Doesn't really fit me anymore so now its hers :oops: :lol: Authentic Lloyd from Christmas of '94. Yeah, she's pretty cool. Actually, she's wearing it today at school. She's a teacher and its "Wear your favorite jersey Friday".

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2008, 05:04 PM

Its actually my old jersey that she bought for me when we started dating. Doesn't really fit me anymore so now its hers :oops: :lol: Authentic Lloyd from Christmas of '94. Yeah, she's pretty cool. Actually, she's wearing it today at school. She's a teacher and its "Wear your favorite jersey Friday".

I got my authentic Lloyd back when he was only in his 2nd year in the league, for Christmas 1989 when I was a freshman in high school. I've worn that jersey for every Steeler game until I got an authentic Ward during the Super Bowl season of '05. The stripes on the sleeves look like they have been though a wood chipper at this point. The block numbers are becoming un-stitched in certain spots. I still break it out on occasion, though. Awesome jersey.

rpmpit
12-12-2008, 05:09 PM

I got my authentic Lloyd back when he was only in his 2nd year in the league, for Christmas 1989 when I was a freshman in high school. I've worn that jersey for every Steeler game until I got an authentic Ward during the Super Bowl season of '05. The stripes on the sleeves look like they have been though a wood chipper at this point. The block numbers are becoming un-stitched in certain spots. I still break it out on occasion, though. Awesome jersey.

Mine, uh hers, looks brand new. I remember when she got it for me, it was my first authentic. I treated the jersey like it was the most precious thing on earth. Only wore it to a few games at Heinz. Then it was back on its special hanger and garment bag thingy and back in the closet. I just got my Lambert this year and I'm treating it the same way.

flippy
12-12-2008, 06:12 PM
I'd rather lose this week than in the playoffs.

I don't mind a good shellacking now and again in the regular season.

Although i think we already got some good experience in the Dallas game and shouldn't be taking anything for granted from here on out.

Now for a little smiley-ku:

:ratsuck it
Ray Ray is a :loser , yep.
Steelers Win! Yes sir!

mshifko
12-12-2008, 06:26 PM
i'd rather us lose next week than this week...we need this game...we need the division and that first round bye i believe