PDA

View Full Version : FF: WHo to Start

flippy
12-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Hope many of you are in your FF playoffs this week.

I got a couple questions about who to start:

Reggie Bush or Tatum Bell?

Antonio Bryant or Bernard Berrian?

Nick Folk or Neil Rackers?

In all 3 cases I'm leaning toward option 1 in each category.

I've got KWarner, Fitz, DeAngelo Williams, Dustin Keller, and Pittsburgh as my other starters.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-11-2008, 07:48 PM

I've got KWarner, Fitz, DeAngelo Williams, Dustin Keller, and Pittsburgh as my other starters.
bush, bryant, rackers... my $.02

flippy
12-11-2008, 07:50 PM

the only reason i'm hesitating on rackers is i have warner and fitgerald starting. i don't want to put in a 3rd cardinal in case something screwy happens.

i don't even like having warner and fitz....well yeah i do....

it's just i would have prefered not to have 2 guys from the same team let alone 3...

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Bush and Bryant. Don't waste more than 3 seconds thinking about your kicker. The only thing I worry about with kickers is weather this time of year, but you don't have that issue this week. It's a crap shoot.

flippy
12-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Bush and Bryant. Don't waste more than 3 seconds thinking about your kicker. The only thing I worry about with kickers is weather this time of year, but you don't have that issue this week. It's a crap shoot.

I won't be able to stop thinking about my kicker until the weekend is over. :x

The thing that's killing me with anxiety on the other 2 choices is Carolina can be run on and Tatum's gonna get 20 carries. And Berian's been scoring for me all season long. And Bryant put up a 0 last game against the Falcons.

Not sure if I'm superstitious, but I also hate having Pittsburgh guys on my team because I'm never sure when I'm being honest in my assessment of their talent. So having Pitt D, Fitz, and Bryant is making me nervous.

Oh, well, it's just a game.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 08:32 PM

The thing that's killing me with anxiety on the other 2 choices is Carolina can be run on and Tatum's gonna get 20 carries. And Berian's been scoring for me all season long. And Bryant put up a 0 last game against the Falcons.

Not sure if I'm superstitious, but I also hate having Pittsburgh guys on my team because I'm never sure when I'm being honest in my assessment of their talent. So having Pitt D, Fitz, and Bryant is making me nervous.

Even though Tatum Bell looks to be the feature back in Denver by default after all of their RB injuries, that doesn't change the fact that he sucks (and he still has Rudi Johnson's underwear from the bag that he stole).

Regarding the guys with Pittsburgh connections, you will play the Steeler D no matter what. It is great having them whether you are a fan or not, because you just play them every week and don't worry about it. Other than their bye, they never come out of your lineup. And Fitz is a monster. He should never sit unless he is injured. He is not, so he plays, always, regardless of matchup. And you can't sit Bryant on a hot streak coming off 200 receiving yards and 2 TD's. You just can't.

As for worrying about sitting Berrian when he has scored for you all season long...those fantasy points came with Gus Frerotte throwing to him. Now all signs point to Tarvaris Jackson starting this week. Even though he looked decent when he came in last game (8-10 80 yds and a TD), you just can't trust a WR's history when there is a QB change. Since TJax has been running with the scout team most of the year, he may have developed more of a rapport with a backup WR like Aundrae Allison instead of Berrian, for instance. You never know.

flippy
12-11-2008, 08:41 PM

Even though Tatum Bell looks to be the feature back in Denver by default after all of their RB injuries, that doesn't change the fact that he sucks (and he still has Rudi Johnson's underwear from the bag that he stole).

Regarding the guys with Pittsburgh connections, you will play the Steeler D no matter what. It is great having them whether you are a fan or not, because you just play them every week and don't worry about it. Other than their bye, they never come out of your lineup. And Fitz is a monster. He should never sit unless he is injured. He is not, so he plays, always, regardless of matchup. And you can't sit Bryant on a hot streak coming off 200 receiving yards and 2 TD's. You just can't.

As for worrying about sitting Berrian when he has scored for you all season long...those fantasy points came with Gus Frerotte throwing to him. Now all signs point to Tarvaris Jackson starting this week. Even though he looked decent when he came in last game (8-10 80 yds and a TD), you just can't trust a WR's history when there is a QB change. Since TJax has been running with the scout team most of the year, he may have developed more of a rapport with a backup WR like Aundrae Allison instead of Berrian, for instance. You never know.

I'm right there with your line of thinking......I'm just overthinking it at this point....

SteelerOfDeVille
12-11-2008, 08:44 PM

the only reason i'm hesitating on rackers is i have warner and fitgerald starting. i don't want to put in a 3rd cardinal in case something screwy happens.

it's just i would have prefered not to have 2 guys from the same team let alone 3...
but, they score a lot... and they're winning games this year... doesn't matter who they play... fitz and boldin will get them upfield... imagine how good they're gonna be next year with FWP.

flippy
12-11-2008, 09:00 PM

but, they score a lot... and they're winning games this year... doesn't matter who they play... fitz and boldin will get them upfield... imagine how good they're gonna be next year with FWP.

nice. he'd be fantastic in that offense.

SteelerNation1
12-12-2008, 03:26 PM
flip,
I hope you didn't start that POS Reggie Bush like I did. That corcsucker just cost me a shot at 750 bucks

Iron Shiek
12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
flip,
I hope you didn't start that POS Reggie Bush like I did. That corcsucker just cost me a shot at 750 bucks

Well I played against him in one league, so thank you Reggie Bush and Frenchy!

As for sitting Berrian Flippy, RB is right man. I had Berrian and traded him after week 3 or so. Next thing you know Frerotte comes in and Berrian rocked it out. Tavaris came back last week and really didn't look to him that much if I recall. I'd start Bryant too (but Garcia is questionable somehow, so follow that story too).

MeetJoeGreene
12-12-2008, 04:53 PM

nice. he'd be fantastic in that offense.

:stirpot :stirpot :stirpot :stirpot :stirpot

flippy
12-12-2008, 06:15 PM
flip,

i hate that motherhumper....

i knew i should have started tatum.....

i manage to fup the playoffs every year.....

flippy
12-14-2008, 05:43 PM
starting to look like i started all the wrong guys