12-11-2008, 03:50 PM
[youtube:2wobr89h]1295rTJDPbY[/youtube:2wobr89h]

Djfan
12-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Dang work computer blocks youtube!

steelz09
12-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Thats good stuff right there.

Thats probably the closest thing I'll get to a game this year.

D Rock
12-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Did somebody order a side of the chills with that video?

I certainly did.

costanza2k1
12-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Amazing, that's exactly where we were sitting. We all came home saying Renegade won the game. I was down and out in depression when it was 13-3, and then it happened. Heinz Field does a bang on solid job in getting the crowd in the game IMO.

SteelerNation1
12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Amazing, that's exactly where we were sitting. We all came home saying Renegade won the game. I was down and out in depression when it was 13-3, and then it happened. Heinz Field does a bang on solid job in getting the crowd in the game IMO.
For YEARS, my crew and I have always joked that someone in the press box "presses a button" that controls the Renegade song. We will just scream out during the game, "Press the Button!" It gets absolutely INSANE down in the Nation when that song goes off! :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 04:11 PM
For YEARS, my crew and I have always joked that someone in the press box "presses a button" that controls the Renegade song. We will just scream out during the game, "Press the Button!" It gets absolutely INSANE down in the Nation when that song goes off! :tt2

I love how they just make the screen black and silent before it comes on. You know it is coming, but they give you that last few seconds of anticipation first. SN1, you are facing the opposite direction, so you may not notice it, but I knew they were playing the second Renegade 5 seconds before the music came on because of that black screen.

Oviedo
12-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Very cool

California-Steel
12-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Use a proxy site to get around it. You can start by going here http://www.online-proxy.net/glype-proxies-proxy/

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 04:42 PM

I certainly did.

I did as well! Cool sig BTW.

:Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Use a proxy site to get around it. You can start by going here http://www.online-proxy.net/glype-proxies-proxy/

My work blocked that too. Have to wait until I get home, I guess. :evil:

D Rock
12-11-2008, 04:54 PM

I certainly did.

Thank you. It was my idea, but Asian did all the work. He's incredible with this stuff.

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
[quote="D Rock":232h3126]Did somebody order a side of the chills with that video?

I certainly did.

Thank you. It was my idea, but Asian did all the work. He's incredible with this stuff.[/quote:232h3126]

Asian did mine as well! He is like the resident tatoo artist here!

:tt2

flippy
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Renegade should play on loop when the defense is on the field.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 05:26 PM
[quote="D Rock":3gqx8cxg]Did somebody order a side of the chills with that video?

I certainly did.

Thank you. It was my idea, but Asian did all the work. He's incredible with this stuff.

Asian did mine as well! He is like the resident tatoo artist here!

:tt2[/quote:3gqx8cxg]

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/Tattoo.jpg

SidSmythe
12-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Great video. wish i was there.

Djfan
12-11-2008, 11:41 PM
My smile is so big that it hurts.

SteelerNation1
12-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Renegade should play on loop when the defense is on the field.
It plays on a loop at my house! :tt1

stlrz d
12-11-2008, 11:56 PM
You guys are probably getting sick of me preachin' it but I'll never get sick of posting it.

Those Steelers highlights would be so much better if they would replace Renegade with this song:

[youtube:owwdpy6r]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:owwdpy6r]

Yes Sir!

costanza2k1
12-12-2008, 12:34 AM
You guys are probably getting sick of me preachin' it but I'll never get sick of posting it.

Those Steelers highlights would be so much better if they would replace Renegade with this song:

[youtube:bqxk52rl]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:bqxk52rl]

Yes Sir!

It's not just the Renegade song, it's the way they do the video in conjunction with the song...It is just awesome! Until we can see someone highlights with your suggestion for THE song all you get is this:

:moon

:lol:

stlrz d
12-12-2008, 12:37 AM

[youtube:2cp5a39g]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2cp5a39g]

Yes Sir!

It's not just the Renegade song, it's the way they do the video in conjunction with the song...It is just awesome! Until we can see someone highlights with your suggestion for THE song all you get is this:

Excuse the Frig out of me for not being a video production professional! :evil:

:P :lol:

Believe me, if I had the capabilities I could put together highlights in conjunction with the song too.

costanza2k1
12-12-2008, 12:41 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2de5qkts]You guys are probably getting sick of me preachin' it but I'll never get sick of posting it.

[youtube:2de5qkts]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2de5qkts]

Yes Sir!

Believe me, if I had the capabilities I could put together highlights in conjunction with the song too.[/quote:2de5qkts]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Renegade it is then. :lol:

stlrz d
12-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Grrrrr...me no likey Renegade.

SteelerNation1
12-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Have you been to Heinz when they play it...err.."Push the button?"

California-Steel
12-12-2008, 12:46 AM

Wow what communists. There are ways around it but if you don't know it would take me a good minute to explain it. I work in IT so I put up that same crap that keeps you so called safe. Sorry dude, I feel for ya.

stlrz d
12-12-2008, 08:33 AM

No but I have always hated that song.

Not disliked...hated.

I'm one of those a-holes who can't change his mind on something like that just because Steelers highlights are put to it and the crowd gets fired up.

If it were a song I didn't have any feelings for one way or another it would be different...but I really, really hate that song.

proudpittsburgher
12-12-2008, 09:06 AM
[quote="stlrz d":9zszv6er]You guys are probably getting sick of me preachin' it but I'll never get sick of posting it.

[youtube:9zszv6er]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:9zszv6er]

Yes Sir!

Believe me, if I had the capabilities I could put together highlights in conjunction with the song too.[/quote:9zszv6er]

Sorry bro. Video or no video, that song sucks ba11$

stlrz d
12-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Beats that 30 year old Renegade piece of crap all to hell.

Styx? Meh.

rpmpit
12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Beats that 30 year old Renegade piece of crap all to hell.

Styx? Meh.

Wasn't a big fan of the song either, d. But like some have said, the combination of the song, the defensive highlights on the screen and the atmosphere at Heinz - its effin' magical. You said you hadn't experienced it in person yet, right? I'm telling you bro, when you do, you'll see what we're all saying.

stlrz d
12-12-2008, 09:31 AM
I understand what yinz are tryin' to say, but imo this song is a 30 year old turd and adding Steelers highlights to it is only polishing that turd.

Hey, people get fired up for Kenny G and Yanni too...get what I'm sayin'?

Not to mention that using a 30 year old song does nothing to dispel the image that Steelers fans are stuck in the past.

I'll never change my mind on this one. Renegade sucks.

proudpittsburgher
12-12-2008, 09:33 AM
I understand what yinz are tryin' to say, but imo this song is a 30 year old turd and adding Steelers highlights to it is only polishing that turd.

Not to mention that using a 30 year old song does nothing to dispel the image that Steelers fans are stuck in the past.

And I guess "We will Rock you" and "we are the champions" have no place during a Steelers super bowl because they are "old songs" If you think new equates better, then I am sorry for you. You will miss out on a lot of good music.

pfelix73
12-12-2008, 10:41 AM
"Renegade sucks"

Well, you don't have to like the song to like the video in that atmosphere!!

Like everyone who has had the privilege to see this video at a game. I admit too, that this video ALWAYS gets the crowd fired up and they play it at the most opportune times.

Congrats to those who made it.

ramblinjim
12-12-2008, 10:59 AM

I certainly did.

Never been to Heinz field, that was awesome.

papillon
12-12-2008, 11:13 AM
[quote=Djfan]Dang work computer blocks youtube!

Wow what communists. There are ways around it but if you don't know it would take me a good minute to explain it. I work in IT so I put up that same crap that keeps you so called safe. Sorry dude, I feel for ya.[/quote:12iuygid]

Feel free to take the minute and splain it to us!! :Cheers

Yes Sir!

Pappy

SteelerNation1
12-12-2008, 11:16 AM
[quote="stlrz d":pys3ueez]Grrrrr...me no likey Renegade.

No but I have always hated that song.

Not disliked...hated.

I'm one of those a-holes who can't change his mind on something like that just because Steelers highlights are put to it and the crowd gets fired up.

If it were a song I didn't have any feelings for one way or another it would be different...but I really, really hate that song.[/quote:pys3ueez]
Just wait til next season when you're there and they "push the button." You'll throw up on yourself from loving it so much! :mrgreen:

feltdizz
12-12-2008, 11:31 AM
there was a song playing? :wft

All I heard was cheering from the crowd.

stlrz d
12-12-2008, 03:14 PM

And I guess "We will Rock you" and "we are the champions" have no place during a Steelers super bowl because they are "old songs" If you think new equates better, then I am sorry for you. You will miss out on a lot of good music.

That's not it at all. I listen to plenty of new music. Lately I've been getting more into The Black Keys and Ray Lamontaigne, just to name a few.

I think what's lost here is the only issue I have is the song used. The video is great...the emotion is great. It's the song that blows.

Yes Sir!

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I like Renegade (obviously...I do the Wanted Man threads every week) but I also liked when they used to play Steeler highlights with Carl Orff's O Fortuna (from Carmina Burana) playing in the background. Instead of picking a song from around the time of the team's heyday in the 1970's like Renegade, they chose a song from around the time of the team's founding in the 1930's. Now that's going old school!