PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat the Ravens three times in a Season

tomiesteel08
12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
if we win sunday it might come down to that in the playoffs. Ravens will draw the Broncos in the 1st round while the colts will draw the pats jets or fins. I don't see indy losing in the 1st round so they will go to tenn and the ravens will come to us. Might not be so bad if we lose as long as we win out.

SteelTorch
12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes, provided our offense doesn't perform the way they did against Dallas.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
The Titans (if they retain home field throughout) would draw the lowest seeded team that advances out of the wild card round. If we are assuming that Indy gets the #5 seed and Baltimore gets the #6 seed, there is no way they we would face them in the divisional round if we are the #2 seed. If the #6 seed Ravens advance, they would automatically go to the #1 seed Titans. The only way we would see the Ravens again is if we both advanced to the AFC Championship game.

Remember when we were the #6 seed in '05, beat the #3 seed Bengals in the wild card round, then went to the #1 seed Colts in the divisional round, and met the #2 seed Broncos in the AFC Championship game.

MeetJoeGreene
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
If we beat them twice.... we will beat them a third time for sure.

tomiesteel08
12-11-2008, 03:24 PM
The Titans (if they retain home field throughout) would draw the lowest seeded team that advances out of the wild card round. If we are assuming that Indy gets the #5 seed and Baltimore gets the #6 seed, there is no way they we would face them in the divisional round if we are the #2 seed. If the #6 seed Ravens advance, they would automatically go to the #1 seed Titans. The only way we would see the Ravens again is if we both advanced to the AFC Championship game.

Remember when we were the #6 seed in '05, beat the #3 seed Bengals in the wild card round, then went to the #1 seed Colts in the divisional round, and met the #2 seed Broncos in the AFC Championship game.

So if we beat them sunday there is less of a chance we will face them again. Unless it's for the AFC championship game.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 03:26 PM

So if we beat them sunday there is less of a chance we will face them again. Unless it's for the AFC championship game.

But I plan on beating the Ravens, Titans, and Browns, and having either the Texans or Colts beat the Titans as well, giving us the #1 seed. Then we could see the Ravens in the divisional round (and beat them a third time!).

Djfan
12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes we can.

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I like this thread because I thought about the exact same thing this morning. And yes, I think we can.

I have a brother in-law that I can never ever quite top when competing. We compete in things like Madden, horseshoe's, darts, billards, ect. I may beat him every so often, but when it comes down to game #5 and we are both tied at #2, he usually comes out on top.

This is how the Steelers are to the Ravens. Every now and the Ravens will win, but when it's time to put up or shut up, you can expect the Steelers to deliver.

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I like this thread because I thought about the exact same thing this morning. And yes, I think we can.

I have a brother in-law that I can never ever quite top when competing. We compete in things like Madden, horseshoe's, darts, billards, ect. I may beat him every so often, but when it comes down to game #5 and we are both tied at #2, he usually comes out on top.

This is how the Steelers are to the Ravens. Every now and the Ravens will win, but when it's time to put up or shut up, you can expect the Steelers to deliver.

You just compared yourself to the mother@#$%ing Ravens!

Since :ratsuck that must mean that you suck too. :wink: :lol:

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 04:54 PM

Indirectly I suppose I did. My brother in-law is my achilles heel. That ba$tard is also a Colt fan. We all know what happend when the Steelers and Colts met this year.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Indirectly I suppose I did. My brother in-law is my achilles heel. That ba$tard is also a Colt fan. We all know what happend when the Steelers and Colts met this year.

We also know what is going to happen if we play them again in the playoffs. Can you say January 2006? :Beer

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 05:38 PM

We also know what is going to happen if we play them again in the playoffs. Can you say January 2006? :Beer

I like to think that there is no way the Colts beat the Steelers twice at Heinz Field this year. The Steelers are going to be so battle tested going into the playoffs!!

Meanwhile, the Colts are in the middle of a 4 game murderers-row that is the Browns, Bengals, Lions, & Jags.......

:roll:

flippy
12-11-2008, 06:06 PM
we've done it before

SteelerOfDeVille
12-11-2008, 08:53 PM
if we beat 'em this weekend, they might not make it... Assuming the colts get ONE wildcard, the ratbirds would drop to a tie with the pats/jets/phins (assuming they beat the raiders/bills/49ers this weekend).

Somebody is going to win that division, but, the other two would be in a 3 way race with the Ravens (who have the Cowboys and Jags as their 2 remaining games).

it'd be really nice to see us beat them because it could very well be the difference maker for them...

this is a BIG game...

flippy
12-11-2008, 08:54 PM
:ratsuck

Steeler Shades
12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Yes, we can beat them three times in one season. Hopefully after we beat them a second time this Sunday, they'll be so disheartened that they'll tank for the rest of the season and we won't have to do it a third time. 8)

Jigawatts
12-15-2008, 05:23 PM
I don't want to see those Ravens again, but if we do, we beat them.

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't want to see those Ravens again, but if we do, we beat them.

They may not even qualify for the playoffs. It could be the Colts and one of the three teams in a logjam atop the AFC East (Jets, Fins, *'s) instead.

Jigawatts
12-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Dallas has them at home Saturday.

I have to go for Dallas. :oops:

SteelerOfDeVille
12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
if we beat 'em this weekend, they might not make it... Assuming the colts get ONE wildcard, the ratbirds would drop to a tie with the pats/jets/phins (assuming they beat the raiders/bills/49ers this weekend).

Somebody is going to win that division, but, the other two would be in a 3 way race with the Ravens (who have the Cowboys and Jags as their 2 remaining games).

it'd be really nice to see us beat them because it could very well be the difference maker for them...

this is a BIG game...
here we go Cowgirls....

skyhawk
12-15-2008, 05:37 PM
I am not sure I want the #1 seed.

I remember having that many times in the Cowher era. And it was usually disappointment.

Iron Shiek
12-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I am not sure I want the #1 seed.

I remember having that many times in the Cowher era. And it was usually disappointment.

New era my friend! The Tomlin era...

NW Steeler
12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
The #1 seed concerns me as well, due to our past. We have played better on the road than at home this year. From a viewing standpoint, I'd much rather see the Steelers play in Pittsburgh thru the playoffs!

Of course everyone else in the NFL world knows that were the "luckiest" team in NFL history and that the refs always side with us!! :roll:

p.s.I swore I'd never use a smilie, dammit!

williar
12-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Man.....I do not want to see those ravens again. Not that I don't think we couldn't beat them again under playoff circumstances. I just would hate the thought of having to see them again. You know they would be frothing at the bit to get at us (again). They're a good physical team, and that McLain is a load. Who wants to spend another game tackling him.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-15-2008, 10:51 PM

But I plan on beating the Ravens, Titans, and Browns, and having either the Texans or Colts beat the Titans as well, giving us the #1 seed. Then we could see the Ravens in the divisional round (and beat them a third time!).

Ding Ding Ding ... Nostredamus award winner here!