PDA

View Full Version : Moore should start....

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
12-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I feel as though he is healthy and has run better than willie of late. Willie is hurt and gets 1-2 yards on 1st down ---and occassionally will break one. He would be an excellent change of pace for Moore until he gets healthy (if). I don't like Parker this week vs Baltimore. Use willie like you do moore on swing passes and screens. This should give him some space to use his speed. thoughts???

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
If Willie is healthy, you have to start him. But you also have to be consistant with whoever starts and give them some time to get into a rhythm. Swapping rbs every drive isn't working.

So if Willie is not 100% or close to 100%, I agree with starting Moore.

MeetJoeGreene
12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Its funny. In years past, I always thought the Steelers should play their fast back (whether it was AZ or FWP) more against the Ravens rather than the Bus - I thought it would be a better move against their powerful defense.

For this game, I agree with you. I think the versatility of MM will give us more of an edge. Especially considering Parker may not be 100%.

AngryAsian
12-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I think Moore should be starting, period. The guy has proven he has the skill set to be a complete back. Willie is just not healthy this year and how successful was the running game in the Patriot game. Willie got 80% of his yardage after we pounded the cheats with heavy doses of Moore/Russell. Willie is our home run hitter. Let's keep him fresh and then insert him as need be. We'll need him in the playoffs.

steeld95
12-11-2008, 02:16 PM
I think Moore has shown up on the field this year more so then Willy. He has turned out to be a key pickup for us. I actually think it has made Willie run harder. It seems he knows Moore is taking advantage of his opportunity. Thats the best part, competition will hopefully bring out the best in both

Mick'sTeam
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I definitely think Moore should start. FWP seems so indecisive and just dances around in the backfield. Moore has been more productive and should definitely get the nod.

SuperSize
12-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Moore provides a threat in the passing game, Parker does not. That, and the fact that I think Moore is running better than Parker right now, makes me want Mewelde to be the starter & primary back Sunday.

Pete

skyhawk
12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Another vote here for Moore. He should have started the last 2 games!

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 03:11 PM
It doesn't matter who starts...IT'S WHO FINISHES!!! :evil:

SidSmythe
12-11-2008, 04:44 PM
We are going to need 2 RB's against this defense.

Willie should start and get them use to his speed , then let Moore come in and run for 80 yards in the 2nd half.

skyhawk
12-11-2008, 04:47 PM

Willie should start and get them use to his speed , then let Moore come in and run for 80 yards in the 2nd half.

He has no speed if he can't find the running lanes (if any).

Moore has better vision and more ability catching the football.

TD386Steel
12-11-2008, 05:06 PM
I feel as though he is healthy and has run better than willie of late. Willie is hurt and gets 1-2 yards on 1st down ---and occassionally will break one. He would be an excellent change of pace for Moore until he gets healthy (if). I don't like Parker this week vs Baltimore. Use willie like you do moore on swing passes and screens. This should give him some space to use his speed. thoughts???

I dont think it matters which back runs until the line gets better. I think Parker is right. Bring back the fullback. I think McHugh would be a beter option. Hines, Holmes, Miller, McHugh, and Parker/Moore

SidSmythe
12-11-2008, 05:07 PM

I agree 100% but i also don't see Moore going the distance against this defense. Let Parker take the beating, haha

skyhawk
12-11-2008, 05:21 PM

I agree 100% but i also don't see Moore going the distance against this defense. Let Parker take the beating, haha

Hehe.

When has Parker gone the distance?

But $%#$ we need the FULLBACK in there!!!

flippy
12-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Start Russel and let's pound the rock.

proudpittsburgher
12-12-2008, 09:36 AM
I am officially pulling away from the FWP movement, MM is playing better right now and adds more to our offense. I wasn't ready to hand it over to Mendenhall because he hadn't proved anything yet, but Moore has proven the ability to spark the offense, save Ben from sacks, catch the ball out of the backfield and the ability to run hard on occasion. FW is not relegates to the bench, he will see a lot of playing time, but Moore should be the man.

AngryAsian
12-12-2008, 09:59 AM
I am officially pulling away from the FWP movement, MM is playing better right now and adds more to our offense. I wasn't ready to hand it over to Mendenhall because he hadn't proved anything yet, but Moore has proven the ability to spark the offense, save Ben from sacks, catch the ball out of the backfield and the ability to run hard on occasion. FW is not relegates to the bench, he will see a lot of playing time, but Moore should be the man.

Logic in excess. Start Moore, but use all the backs. I say use Russell more as well. With the stout Raven front 7 we'll need to use a battering ram for some plays. Backfield by consensus is what I've been screaming for the past two seasons. That and really hot cheerleaders who love to sumo wrestle (barely clothed and grappling with Asian guys). :lol:

flippy
12-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Moore is not the running threat we need.

With Willie in the game, we're pounding the rock and teams are gonna have to stop it and the threat is gonna open up the passing game.

Bottom line, you've gotta commit to running between the tackles. Whether successful or not....doesn't matter.

And Moore will not get us as many defenders in the box. That's what we want out of our base running game.

Willie's hurt.

Put in Gary.

He will get more defenders in the box.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Our biggest problem on O is that we can't stop the D from penetrating. Moore in the backfield will slow them down after a couple of screens.

SteelStallion
12-12-2008, 10:30 AM

I tend to agree. Moore's the better back right now. He sparks the offense. And Parker's still not 100% healthy, and in general he needs less carries not more.

MeetJoeGreene
12-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Our biggest problem on O is that we can't stop the D from penetrating. Moore in the backfield will slow them down after a couple of screens.

That would imply that Arians will actually:

---recognize this fact as well.
---realize that the screen would be an effective deterrent.
--- call the screen in situations where it will make sense early enough in the game to make a difference

RKSteel
12-12-2008, 10:43 AM
:Agree With MM in the game the Ravens have to respect the pass, which should back up the LB. Delayed handoffs, draws and screens to Moore should back off the Ravens D as well as a quick, short passing game. Then the Steelers can start running Parker/Russell.

SuperSize
12-12-2008, 12:25 PM
:Agree With MM in the game the Ravens have to respect the pass, which should back up the LB. Delayed handoffs, draws and screens to Moore should back off the Ravens D as well as a quick, short passing game. Then the Steelers can start running Parker/Russell.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout :Agree

Pete

BradshawsHairdresser
12-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Start Russel and let's pound the rock.

In all seriousness, I had this very thought in the middle of the night! I wouldn't be opposed to trying this on the opening drive. If it doesn't work, shift gears and bring in Moore or Parker.

I wouldn't start Willie if he isn't healthy. Bring him in as a change of pace back for 8-10 carries.

pittpete
12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Doesnt matter who starts, but it will be tough trying to pound the rock at all.
If we come out with that 2 TE single back crap it will be a long friggin day.
Bet your @ss Baltimore will crowd the line all day.
Do like NE did to us a few years ago and spread the field with 4 recievers.

I will strangle myself if we open the game with 2 plays up the middle for no gain.