MeetJoeGreene
12-11-2008, 02:01 PM
.... is a equal combination of frothing anticipation and excitement

and

... gnawing, gut-wrenching worry.

How 'bout you?

papillon
12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Rather calm actually, this version of the Steelers teems with confidence and inspres that same confidence in me. I don't know why, maybe, because, so many people on the MBs kept telling me how pathetic this team was and they continually have proven them wrong. The schedule was the most arduous in 50 years and here they sit 10-3 with a chance to wrap up the AFCN and the #2 seed with a win this weekend.

I am, however, finding it difficult to wait for the game. That is what is making me crazy at this point in time.

Yes Sir!

Pappy

costanza2k1
12-11-2008, 02:21 PM
My state is more like Pap. I'm just chilling, knowing that if we lose this game we'll still be ok. The anticipation I felt for the Cheaters and Cryboys games isn't present. I will say that for some reason I feel fairly confident about a win. Think about it. Dick Lebeau with some game film on the rookie QB can be very dangerous.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 02:21 PM

and

How 'bout you?

http://blog.beliefnet.com/moviemom/What-me-worry-715605.jpg

Mick'sTeam
12-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I am worried, but that's normal for me. While I believe our D will stop the Ravens offense, I do not have much confidence in our offense against the Baltimore D. If Ben & co. turn the ball over, it could be a long day. I really would like to see them utilize the no-huddle a lot more in this game. It would spread their D out and open things up for both the pass & run. Get a couple of scores that way and let the D take care of the rest.

Jooser
12-11-2008, 02:33 PM
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4026/filmsbeetlejuicehh7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I'm feelin' a little anxious, know whut I mean?

papillon
12-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Just chillin...

http://comps.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/SDC/SDC179/246571SDC.jpg

Yes Sir!

Pappy

Djfan
12-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Nervous. Excited. Believing.

NW Steeler
12-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Definitely nervous. I REALLY HATE Baltimore, and would love for us to clinch the division on their field.

Pissed, cuz' there is no tv coverage of this game in my area.

MeetJoeGreene
12-11-2008, 03:09 PM

and

How 'bout you?

Kind of looks like MSM, doesn't it?

I did a photoshop of him for another board's contest, I will post it later.

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Each week, usually on Friday or Saturday, I get a chill over the fact that I'm going to get to watch Steeler football (even in the preseason).

:tt2

stlrz d
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
My emotional state?

Yes Sir! :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 03:22 PM

and

How 'bout you?

Alfred E. Monies? :lol:

I have no idea what MSM looks like though...I only know those brave enough to have entered our bye week photoshop contest.

D Rock
12-11-2008, 03:27 PM
I would be a lot more nervous if I didn't still have visions of Ben throwing 5 first half TDs against them last year. I know what our offense is capable of, and I'm anxiously awaiting the unveiling of that potential this year. Every week I think it will finally show up, and this week is no different.

flippy
12-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm ready to break stuff!!!!

SteelerNation1
12-11-2008, 04:05 PM
My emotional state is what you see in my sig! ALWAYS! Every game! :ratsuck

Iron Shiek
12-11-2008, 04:08 PM

Yeah, anytime i think of SN1 at a game and not cheering (i.e. just talking to people he's with), I still picture him yelling like in his sig.

I GOTTA GO TO THE BATHROOM I'LL BE BACK

I'm pretty jacked about the game, but am able to subdue it right until kickoff. Then my living room turns into a one-man UFC fight.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Yeah, anytime i think of SN1 at a game and not cheering (i.e. just talking to people he's with), I still picture him yelling like in his sig.

I'm pretty jacked about the game, but am able to subdue it right until kickoff. Then my living room turns into a one-man UFC fight.

Know what is odd? Since Heinz Field opened, I have never left my seat after I get up there...not for the bathrooms, not to get something to eat or drink, nothing. It is like my kidneys tell me to buckle down and focus on the game. I've never even thought of moving from my seat at any point, not even at halftime. I didn't realize that until just now. On the other hand, when I watch from home on TV, I probably make multiple potty breaks in every quarter. Weird.

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 04:24 PM

Know what is odd? Since Heinz Field opened, I have never left my seat after I get up there...not for the bathrooms

Your not a drinker are you Ruthless?

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 04:37 PM

hmmmm...

[youtube:pr04f1sh]W_eCIjr1Mb0[/youtube:pr04f1sh]

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 04:50 PM

Know what is odd? Since Heinz Field opened, I have never left my seat after I get up there...not for the bathrooms

Nope...who needs alcohol when I have black and gold in my veins? :tt2 :Steel :tt1

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 05:03 PM

Nope...who needs alcohol when I have black and gold in my veins? :tt2 :Steel :tt1

I will be alcohol free when I go watch the Steelers visit Tennessee. It's a day trip and I'm the driver. I'm actually looking foward to watching the game without beer.

flippy
12-11-2008, 05:20 PM

hmmmm...

[youtube:17mvox4u]W_eCIjr1Mb0[/youtube:17mvox4u]

I was in a little different mood:

[youtube:17mvox4u]Zzak8Gq3KO0[/youtube:17mvox4u]

MeetJoeGreene
12-11-2008, 07:20 PM

and

How 'bout you?

Alfred E. Monies? :lol:

I have no idea what MSM looks like though...I only know those brave enough to have entered our bye week photoshop contest.

Here is MSM:

http://i38.tinypic.com/w2wqc.gif

Here are my photoshops of him;

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/jbitty29/msmmad.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/jbitty29/yipesmsm.jpg

flippy
12-11-2008, 07:23 PM
nice call

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
12-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Man I don't know, I am nervous for this game.
My head says no worries...
My gut says 10-6 if we lose... :HeadBanger

:ratsuck

Buckle up bub!!! :tt2

skyhawk
12-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Super nervous. It's in Baltimore. Another one of (Jax) the Steelers nemesis' on the road.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-11-2008, 08:41 PM
i go into 'em all expecting a loss, so i'm not so down afterwards...

even in this one, a loss won't be so bad... we'd still be in control of our own destiny.

frankly, i'd like to eliminate the ravens while we can. i don't want to see them a 3rd time... handing them their 5th loss could be huge - especially with the cowboys remaining on their schedule.

AkronSteel
12-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm fairly confident about this game. I don't see Flacco doing anything positive against the #1 defense in the league. There is more film on him now than there was in week 3. He likes to throw alot of deep dig routes to Mason so I am sure that the Steelers will be looking for those patterns all day. The Ravens will not be able to grind it out on the ground although it would be nice to have Brett back because that side of the defense has been looking a little soft against the run the last 2 weeks. I don't expect big things from the offense this week but I do think the team will come out in the no huddle and try to hang up some quick points and get a lead. That is what got the offense going in week 3 and if there is a weakness to the Ratturds defense it is their secondary. I think that 14 points wins the game this week. I have just had a feeling all year that this team will find a way to win the game in the end.....this week is no different.

:ratsuck

rpmpit
12-12-2008, 09:06 AM

hmmmm...

[youtube:n10sdqrj]W_eCIjr1Mb0[/youtube:n10sdqrj]

I was in a little different mood:

[youtube:n10sdqrj]Zzak8Gq3KO0[/youtube:n10sdqrj]

OHHHHHHH, AHH-AHH-AHH....OH-OH.

I love Disturbed and that's my favorite song they do. If not for the cursing, I could totally see them using the song at Heinz.