PDA

View Full Version : Are the Steelers the TV rating darlings this year ?

tomiesteel08
12-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Seems like every Steeler game is on at 4 pm and televised nation wide this season. Is it the matchups we have or is the networks using us for ratings. Even though the titans are the top team in the AFC there fan base is limited to a few hundred people in Tennessee

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Seems like every Steeler game is on at 4 pm and televised nation wide this season. Is it the matchups we have or is the networks using us for ratings. Even though the titans are the top team in the AFC there fan base is limited to a few hundred people in Tennessee

...and at least 4 people in Houston :lol: :lol: :lol:

But yes, it has been a great year for our Steelers on national tv. CBS and Fox are FINALLY realizing the power of the NATION :tt1

SteelerOfDeVille
12-11-2008, 02:40 PM
not to me... they're pissing me off... if i had know this many games would be on tv, i would have bypassed the ticket.

Jigawatts
12-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Even though the titans are the top team in the AFC there fan base is limited to a few hundred people in Tennessee

:lol:

Chachi
12-11-2008, 03:27 PM
It's a combination of things....

1. The "Hardest Schedule" EVER!!!!!

The "big" name teams that come along with such a schedule.....Cheatriots, Cowgirls, Jags, Giants, Colts, Chargers, Eagles...all these teams mentioned are media darlings of the past few years. Usually we would only have half that amount of "big" names on our schedule in any given year.

Add to that outside circumstances...Washington was big because of their new head coach (also, last game before the election and the causation/correlation that supposedly has on the election....media eats that up for dessert). Besides, this was Washington's MNF game, not ours.

Gayvens this week is big because it's the first head to head match up this year, IIRC, that has big divisional title implications.

Also, along with those team, all had winning records (except Chargers) when we played them, IIRC, and this adds to the draw of the game.

2. Having an impressive record of 10-3.

If we are 3-10, 5-8, or 7-6, I don't think we get all the time-switching love we have been getting with our games this year. Heck, if our opponents were sucking this year we wouldn't be getting this time shifting either. If the Ratbirds are 5-8 this weeks game stays at 1 pm.....and while still a 1 pm start, if we win and the Titans lose this week, next week's game is for the #1 seed. I guarantee that game will be moved if such is the case.

Now, having said all this, the Steelers still get the normal "under the radar" press despite all this national attention.....which is good. The old, "The Steelers didn't beat them so much as the other team just made mistakes" take on our games is still standing tall after all these years.....just as I like it.

TD386Steel
12-11-2008, 03:54 PM
not to me... they're pissing me off... if i had know this many games would be on tv, i would have bypassed the ticket.

:Clap :HeadBanger

feltdizz
12-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I think this is where Big Ben comes into play.. dude knows how to keep a game interesting. You never know what the hell he is going to do...

notice how he has so many last minute drives? I think he throws the INT's on purpose sometimes to negate a blowout.

Seriously...we have a glossy schedule this year... look at the Dallas game..

2 minutes left and after the timeout they came back and it was 2nd and 8 with 1:41 left...
you have the #1 D against a top 5 passing attack.... I was thinking to myself.. the NFL couldn't have scripted this any better...

feltdizz
12-11-2008, 03:59 PM

but you do get the other games as well so you can scout teams.... but if you only get it for the Steelers.. this wasn't the year to get it.

TD386Steel
12-11-2008, 04:50 PM

but you do get the other games as well so you can scout teams.... but if you only get it for the Steelers.. this wasn't the year to get it.

Its to much money, but I refuse to miss one PS game or not watch it in HD. :tt1

SteelerOfDeVille
12-11-2008, 08:57 PM

Its to much money, but I refuse to miss one PS game or not watch it in HD. :tt1
i'd go to a local steelers bar for the other 3 games...

Ezekiel 25:17
12-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Football Gods shining on the Greater Philly media market. I've seen all 13 regular season games without leaving my house...all televised on local cable.

I expect at least the next two and maybe even the Stains.

Jooser
12-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Even though the titans are the top team in the AFC there fan base is limited to a few hundred people in Tennessee

:lol:

Double that. :lol: :lol:

California-Steel
12-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Well up here in Raiders and 49ers land we only get Monday and Thursday games. Good thing there are Sports Bars :Cheers .

RussBII
12-12-2008, 09:48 AM
It has been a great year for the Steelers on TV. However the stupid Panthers have the 4:00 this weekend, so I'll be heading off to the bar. I have to get there at least an hour early so it really busts up my Sundays. It's not like I'd be doing anything but watching football anyway though. At least this way I won't have to get up to get my own beers.