PDA

View Full Version : Word Out Of Baltimore....

pfelix73
12-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Word out of Baltimore press is that this is ramping up to being the BIGGEST REGULAR SEASON GAME in the history of the Baltimore Ravens.....

I know it's a big game, but the biggest? I guess so, considering their history is kind of short.....What a bunch of losers...

costanza2k1
12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Just heard the same thing on the radio...biggest game will equal the biggest letdown for them...they lose. Even if they win, they lose...because I say so. :P

pfelix73
12-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Right. Still looks like we win the division even IF we would lose for some reason and both Baltimore and us ended up the year with the same record......We get the tie breakers as of now....

pfelix73
12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
We are going to win though, so all that doesn't matter.

Steelers 16
Ravens 13

proudpittsburgher
12-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Right. Still looks like we win the division even IF we would lose for some reason and both Baltimore and us ended up the year with the same record......We get the tie breakers as of now....

Agreed, that's why I don't figure why the media hasn't picked up on this little tidbit. By all accounts, because of iebreakers, the Ratturds are two behind us.

papillon
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I know one thing, after the Steelers win, it wouldn't make me sad if the Ravens didn't make the playoffs at all. I'd hate to have to beat them a third time to get to the big dance.

Yes Sir!

Pappy

Steeler Shades
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I know one thing, after the Steelers win, it wouldn't make me sad if the Ravens didn't make the playoffs at all. I'd hate to have to beat them a third time to get to the big dance.
X2
A loss to us on Sunday would make them 9-5 with two games remaining.
Dallas
Jags
I'm not sure whether they could afford to lose either of these games and still make it as a WC with a 10-6 record. Sure would be a shame for them to miss the playoffs. 8)

papillon
12-11-2008, 02:49 PM
X2
Dallas
Jags
I'm not sure whether they could afford to lose either of these games and still make it as a WC with a 10-6 record. Sure would be a shame for them to miss the playoffs. 8)

You have to figure that the Colts get one WC spot. The Broncos, Jets, Pats, Ravens and Dolphins all could be 9-5 after this week. I have no idea how the tie-breakers are shaking out, but, only one of those teams can make the playoffs. Even if you don't concede the Colts that leaves 6 teams vying for 2 spots.

This weekend's game is a huge game for the Ravens and their playoff hopes.

Yes Sir!

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
X2
Dallas
Jags

You have to figure that the Colts get one WC spot. The Broncos, Jets, Pats, Ravens and Dolphins all could be 9-5 after this week. I have no idea how the tie-breakers are shaking out, but, only one of those teams can make the playoffs. Even if you don't concede the Colts that leaves 6 teams vying for 2 spots.

This weekend's game is a huge game for the Ravens and their playoff hopes.

Yes Sir!

Pappy

Well, the Broncos will win the West (they are up 3 games on the Chargers with 3 games to go), so that leaves the Colts, Ravens, Jets, Asterisks, and Dolphins vying for those 2 wild cards.

flippy
12-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Everyone knows we're going all the way....

This is the Raven's SuperBowl.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Yes Sir!

Pappy

Agreed. Going into the playoffs there are two scare teams in the AFC IMO. Tennessee is obviously one, and the other is Baltimore.

Other than that I believe we have little to fear in our conference. If we lose to any other team it will be ourselves to blame.

Starlifter
12-11-2008, 10:14 PM
i understand the caution about playing the ratbirds 3 times - but don't forget this is still flacco's rookie season. rookie's in the playoffs rarely do well their first time out. yes, their defense is something to respect - but i'm not particularly worried about having to beat them 3 times in a season.....

NorCal-Steeler
12-12-2008, 12:59 AM
As long as we fall no lower than the #2 seed i dont see any of them teams winning in our stadium. As for the Titans we can stop the run and its still just Collins at qb.

Wolfhound45
12-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Big game = Only half of their fans (versus two thirds) sell their tickets to Steelers fans.