PDA

View Full Version : Michael Irvin is ridiculous

Iron Shiek
12-11-2008, 12:33 PM
He's on Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio. He was asked about TO's antics and his ultimate response was something like: yeah I did some crazy things but mostly hurt myself, and never hurt my team.

Uhh....Michael, you tried to kill a teammate...or did you forget...

Pearlman writes that Michael Irvin, incensed that tackle Everett McIver, in mid-haircut, would not leave a barber chair at training camp in 1998 so Irvin could get his haircut first, stabbed McIver in the neck. McIver was rushed to the hospital and survived, but not without losing a lot of blood. Irvin's silence on the charge has been deafening. I asked a Cowboy who played on that team if the story was true. "Absolutely,'' the Cowboy said. "I'm surprised it was kept quiet over the years.''

What a dispicable douchebag....

flippy
12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
The worst part is he thinks he's funny.

proudpittsburgher
12-11-2008, 12:54 PM
All egomaniacs stay together, regardless of how crazy it makes them sound. Michael Irvin, TO, Deon Sanders, Chad Johnson, etc. They will always defend each other to the death. It's obvious TO is a cancer to whatever team he plays for. And no matter how much you shut them down, they will have never failed in their eyes. Sanders talked over and over again on NFL network how not getting TO the ball is hurting the cowboys. He never once talked about how TO gives up on his routes, didn't do a thing to help prevent Ike's INT, etc. Like I said, all egomaniacs flock and stick together.

mshifko
12-11-2008, 07:35 PM
i have no problem with guys, after their careers, look back and admit they weren't the best teammates....but when they try to act like they're above everyone playing in today's league, that drives me nuts

Jooser
12-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Irvin's a schmuck! Eff him! Bat boy will handle all ego maniacs, you'll see....
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8819/bb4td1.png (http://imageshack.us)

LOL, just kidding, I'm not that guy. :wft

rpmpit
12-12-2008, 09:29 AM
I still can't believe this piece of garbage is in the HOF.

BigLebowski
12-13-2008, 03:00 PM
I still can't believe this piece of garbage is in the HOF.3

If you dig deep enough, there are plenty of pieces of garbage in the HOF. And more on the way. Hall of Fame is based upon the play on the field on Sundays, not what happens in the locker room or what the players do the rest of the week. What is good to know is that there are not any Steelers in the hall that can be classified as garbage. Just another reason why the Steelers are one of the classiest organizations in all of pro sports.

:2c

frankthetank1
12-13-2008, 03:38 PM

If you dig deep enough, there are plenty of pieces of garbage in the HOF. And more on the way. Hall of Fame is based upon the play on the field on Sundays, not what happens in the locker room or what the players do the rest of the week. What is good to know is that there are not any Steelers in the hall that can be classified as garbage. Just another reason why the Steelers are one of the classiest organizations in all of pro sports.

it depends on what your definition of a piece of garbage is. a lot of people would say LT was a piece of garbage. i dont think so though. drug addictions or alcholism do not make a person a bad person. players like irvin though are different. he was always very selfish and stabbed some teammate in the neck apparently. at least LT was a team player and never had any problems with coaches or teammates. just think about when to gets inducted in the hof. that will be a very sad day

rpmpit
12-13-2008, 07:03 PM

it depends on what your definition of a piece of garbage is. a lot of people would say LT was a piece of garbage. i dont think so though. drug addictions or alcholism do not make a person a bad person. players like irvin though are different. he was always very selfish and stabbed some teammate in the neck apparently. at least LT was a team player and never had any problems with coaches or teammates. just think about when to gets inducted in the hof. that will be a very sad day

Totally agree, Frank. Drug addiction and alcoholism do not make people "pieces of garbage" and I apologize to anyone who thought that's what I meant.

And BL, I do agree that play on the field is what should count most. But I think that a players attitude and off the field behavior should also be part of the equation.

Can't think of a specific person in football, but Pete Rose is a perfect example in baseball. On the field he was one of the best ever. Its what he did off the field that is keeping him out.

agdci981
12-13-2008, 09:49 PM
And yet the guy worshipped here was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend but no one says anything about that...

stlrz d
12-13-2008, 10:27 PM
And yet the guy worshipped here was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend but no one says anything about that...

If you're referring to James Harrison, he admitted his mistake and did the right thing on his own without being told what to do.

Also, as far as we know, it's the only time he's done something like that.

rpmpit
12-13-2008, 10:57 PM

If you want to look back at some of my posts when this happened, I wanted him released from the team like Ced was. Or at the very least for him to attend some mandatory anger management classes. strz d can confirm this as me and him went back and forth on this issue.

rpmpit
12-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Interesting that this article just came out on O.J.'s Hall of Fame status now that he is a convicted felon:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8937 ... er-for-now (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8937510/O.J.-Simpson-still-a-Hall-of-Famer-for-now)

Some statements from the article relavent to our HOF discussion:

The College Football Hall of Fame has no written morality or ethics clause, but Hatchell said character is factored in when players are considered for induction. "It's sort of an unwritten rule that if there's issues, steer away from them," he said.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame only considers a player's on-field accomplishments, so Simpson is in no danger of being removed from there.

stlrz d
12-14-2008, 10:14 AM

If you want to look back at some of my posts when this happened, I wanted him released from the team like Ced was. Or at the very least for him to attend some mandatory anger management classes. strz d can confirm this as me and him went back and forth on this issue.

Confirmed.