PDA

View Full Version : A Win Locks #2 seed

Chachi
12-11-2008, 12:22 AM
[espn:1mz367cq]3758853[/espn:1mz367cq]

MeetJoeGreene
12-11-2008, 09:02 AM
This is a high stakes, big game. For both teams.

The intensity should be UNREAL.

flippy
12-11-2008, 09:18 AM
I want the #1 seed.

SteelerNation1
12-11-2008, 11:06 AM
I want the #1 seed.
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 11:14 AM
I think grabbing the division this weekend is more important than our seeding in the playoffs.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 01:28 PM
I think grabbing the division this weekend is more important than our seeding in the playoffs.

Well, a win gets a both the division and the guarantee of a top two seed (and therefore a first round bye).

Two Ratbirds, One Stone. :Steel

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Well, a win gets a both the division and the guarantee of a top two seed (and therefore a first round bye).

Oh, I know. I was just replying to flip who said he wanted the #1.

tomiesteel08
12-11-2008, 01:42 PM

Steelers can go from 2 seed to maybe 1 seed and also fall to six seed with 3 games left
lets take care of business this week and start resting some players that are nicked up

papillon
12-11-2008, 01:49 PM

Steelers can go from 2 seed to maybe 1 seed and also fall to six seed with 3 games left
lets take care of business this week and start resting some players that are nicked up

I like this idea (of resting players after we wrap the #2 seed this week. :tt2 ), but, Mike Tomlin doesn't remind me of a coach that knows how to take his foot off the gas pedal. After the Steelers win this week's game, Tomlin will have his eye on the #1 seed and won't be resting anyone against the Titans, IMHO.

Yes Sir!

Pappy

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 01:56 PM
I want the #1 seed.

I don't think the Titans are that good of a team! Even if they earn the #1 seed, I wouldn't be shocked if they lose their 1st playoff game thus the Steelers getting the AFC Championship at Heinz.

:tt2

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 01:57 PM

I like this idea (of resting players after we wrap the #2 seed this week. :tt2 ), but, Mike Tomlin doesn't remind me of a coach that knows how to take his foot off the gas pedal. After the Steelers win this week's game, Tomlin will have his eye on the #1 seed and won't be resting anyone against the Titans, IMHO.

Yes Sir!

Pappy

And that's exactly how it should be. If the Giants didn't play to win against the Patriots in that meaningless last game of the season, I doubt they have the confidence to make the run they did.