PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers make it the Big Dance....

AngryAsian
12-10-2008, 11:37 PM
would you make the trip down to Tampa even if you couldn't score tickets... just to absorb the SB atmosphere?

stlrz d
12-10-2008, 11:42 PM
would you make the trip down to Tampa even if you couldn't score tickets... just to absorb the SB atmosphere?

Possibly.

Why, is this an invitation? :lol:

Iron Shiek
12-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes. I'd make every effort...long trip from Ohio, but it would be worth it.

I went to Detroit and had a freakin blast...even with not going to the game...

AngryAsian
12-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Actually FlaSteel and I were talking about a possible tailgate. I know the New Sombrero will have massive screens outside of the stadium for those of us willing to make the pilgrimage. We really need to get organized if this occurs.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-10-2008, 11:53 PM
i would seriously try to score tix...

i was kicking myself for not doing it last time... my wife practically forced me, but, i didn't do it.

birtikidis
12-10-2008, 11:55 PM
i would def. be there. asian i've been thinking about hitting daytona just so i could buy you a beer.

Djfan
12-10-2008, 11:56 PM
I would do all I could to be there, but we're hurting in the $ department now.

A firm "hope so" from me.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I would do all I could to be there, but we're hurting in the $ department now.

A firm "hope so" from me.
that's where i was last time around. today i regret not going on ebay or whatever and getting the $500 cheap seats...

my wife told me then, but, i didn't listen. she said, "it's been 25 years since they've won one... you never know, this might be the last time in your life that they go... why would you miss that?"

Understand, my wife is not a Steelers fan, so this wasn't about her.... i think she's a keeper. :Cheers

AngryAsian
12-11-2008, 12:11 AM
i would def. be there. asian i've been thinking about hitting daytona just so i could buy you a beer.

Birt, with the way $ is tight that's why forking out 2k for a set of tickets would be too much from my standpoint. But I would definitely come and partake of the weekend festivities. We could all have a blast. My brother is in Timeshare and possibly get us lodgings in Tampa. If this actually develops, I might just spring for the room and board. My bachelor party we had a 3 bedroom time share that slept 12 of us comfortably 2 king size beds, two double beds, two queen size sofa sleepers and 1900 sq. feet of party space where air mattresses were spread out. No one had to snuggle. I'm going to have to investigate about a timeshare.

stlrz d
12-11-2008, 12:14 AM
My brother lives in Port St. Lucie...why couldn't it be closer to there? :(

AngryAsian
12-11-2008, 12:19 AM

2 hours south of Tampa. Trust me, D if they go I'll score something for lodgings. I couldn't do anything in 2005. My daughter was born 6 days before they won it all. What a great week for me. Anyway, my wife was the one that suggested it to me. Tampa is 2.5 hours away. I'm going.

stlrz d
12-11-2008, 12:20 AM

2 hours south of Tampa. Trust me, D if they go I'll score something for lodgings. I couldn't do anything in 2005. My daughter was born 6 days before they won it all. What a great week for me. Anyway, my wife was the one that suggested it to me. Tampa is 2.5 hours away. I'm going.

I was just sayin' it would be nice if it were closer. I haven't seen him since 2004.

Djfan
12-11-2008, 02:33 AM
Score the timeshare, and I hitch-hike!!

I'll buy the Cheerios!

flippy
12-11-2008, 07:57 AM
What's with this "if" crap?

SuperSize
12-11-2008, 08:44 AM
i would seriously try to score tix...

i was kicking myself for not doing it last time... my wife practically forced me, but, i didn't do it.

SOD, my wife did the same thing with me, tried everything to convince me to go. Her family is from Detroit so I had a place to stay, but I wouldn't pull the trigger. She told me at the time, and it is so true, that I would regret not going.

Asian, I feel the same as you, going to the game would be cool, but just being down there for the festivities would be awesome.

Pete

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm there, Brother :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Jigawatts
12-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Hmmmm. $160 plus tax round trip to Orlando + food, lodging, souvenirs, women....

It might happen. :Beer

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Perhaps if I was single. My Christmas present this year was the OK to go to the Steelers/Titans match-up next week.

I'm already hoarding away $$ in the event that the Steelers play in Nashville for the AFC Championship.

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Hmmmm. $160 plus tax round trip to Orlando + food, lodging, souvenirs, women....

Don't forget...if you are flying into Orlando, you are morally obligated to ride the teacups at least once. :wink:

Jigawatts
12-11-2008, 04:51 PM

Don't forget...if you are flying into Orlando, you are morally obligated to ride the teacups at least once. :wink:

I couldn't hit the teacups without Little Miss Jigawatts. :nono

ColumbusSteelerFan
12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
My wife's aunt and family live near Daytona. Would LOVE to go but money's the issue of course. If they get to the AFC Champs game, who knows. Keep us posted.

(of course I could just go with the band) :lol: :tt2

mshifko
12-11-2008, 10:04 PM
that's an enticing offer...

put me down for a yes for now

Flasteel
12-12-2008, 07:47 AM
I live about 45 minutes south of the stadium and could handle a little of the overflow crowd if the timeshare is scored by AS. It's a small crib, so bring your sleepingbag. :lol:
Seriously, if even just a few of you make the trip, I'm headed to Tampa to soak in the atmosphere and raise some beers.

proudpittsburgher
12-12-2008, 07:51 AM
I live a few hours away from detroit and my wife wanted me to go up there for the super bowl weekend in 05. I just couldn't bring myself to do it with all the hassels of the crowds, cost of the trip and such. Honestly, I was going to be such a basketcase come kickoff that I just wanted to be in my own house with no one within striking distance. :lol:

steelblood
12-12-2008, 09:12 AM
I would not. I have young kids (one of whom likes the STeelers). I'd share that moment here with him.

BDESteel
12-13-2008, 12:43 AM
I'll be in Reno at the Silver Legacy poised to collect the money I put on the Steelers prior to the start of the season. :2c

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2008, 01:15 AM
I'll be in Reno at the Silver Legacy poised to collect the money I put on the Steelers prior to the start of the season. :2c

Hopefully you put more than 2...I mean 20...cents down on them! :wink:

costanza2k1
12-13-2008, 01:39 AM

Is thaaatttt right, I'll be at Cal Neva getting my money. Maybe we can meet in the middle and have a beer. ;)

BigLebowski
12-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I went to Detroit and had a freakin blast...even with not going to the game...

I did the same, just jumped in the car and drove from the 'burgh. I wish I would have flown after dealing with the weather on the drive back.

But I told myself after I was unable to score tickets that werent' grossly overpriced that If the steelers made the superbowl I would get tickets at any cost. So I am been putting some cash away in an account the wife knows nothing about.

NKySteeler
12-13-2008, 03:33 PM

Well, there are a few spots in Daytona that I'd like to see again... And the state of Florida is just a "jumpseat" away.... :wink:

rpmpit
12-13-2008, 07:06 PM

Well, there are a few spots in Daytona that I'd like to see again... And the state of Florida is just a "jumpseat" away.... :wink:

It wouldn't be a party without NKy!!! Like I said, I'll be there. Hope you can make it down too!!

BDESteel
12-13-2008, 07:39 PM

Is thaaatttt right, I'll be at Cal Neva getting my money. Maybe we can meet in the middle and have a beer. ;)
If, I mean when we make it to the Big Dance I'll holla. Steelers 4 Life! UU uuuuu!

NKySteeler
12-13-2008, 08:35 PM
It wouldn't be a party without NKy!!! Like I said, I'll be there. Hope you can make it down too!!

Thanx brother.... WHEN we make it to the Super Bowl, I'd love to join you all if you get something organized.... As said, it's easy for me to get down to Florida... And I have a friend just outside of Tampa (in Brandon), so I wouldn't have to impose if space is tight...

steelz09
12-13-2008, 09:00 PM

Actually -- That is exactly what I would do. Right now, I can't really afford the $3,000 ticket price that a Steelers SB ticket may cost. But I would go to Tampa for the experience, no doubt about it. Hopefully this becomes reality and I'll see a few of ya there!

agdci981
12-13-2008, 09:45 PM
No.

rpmpit
12-13-2008, 11:04 PM

Thanx brother.... WHEN we make it to the Super Bowl, I'd love to join you all if you get something organized.... As said, it's easy for me to get down to Florida... And I have a friend just outside of Tampa (in Brandon), so I wouldn't have to impose if space is tight...

Yes, WHEN is the proper term :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

On a side note, IF the Giants happen to be our opponents, I may have a ticket for the game. My boss is a die hard Big Blue fan and told me if its Steelers/Giants we're going. Please don't hate me, guys :lol: :lol:

NKySteeler
12-13-2008, 11:22 PM
IF the Giants happen to be our opponents, I may have a ticket for the game.

I gotta say.... I think the NFC is the biggest crap-shoot of the bunch.... Yea, the Giants can do it... But Carolina, Tampa, Dallas, Atlanta, even Phoenix could be in the mix because I really could see any of these teams getting "hot" down the stretch in the playoffs... Just my opinion....

...But no one would hold it against you if you score a ticket based on the Giants.... Envyous yes, but no more than that..... :lol:

stlrz d
12-31-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm out. I was let go today. My former employer didn't want to pay me the salary "guarantee" I had coming at the end of January.

proudpittsburgher
01-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm out. I was let go today. My former employer didn't want to pay me the salary "guarantee" I had coming at the end of January.

Sorry to hear that D. That truly sucks.

stlrz d
01-02-2009, 10:30 AM

Sorry to hear that D. That truly sucks.

Thanks man. The good news is I have been in contact with an attorney who specializes in employment law and he thinks we (another guy was let go the day before me for the same reason) have grounds for legal action.

steelz09
01-02-2009, 12:18 PM
stlrz d

Wow -- that really sucks

I was laid off about a month ago. I'm sure you'll find something better.

stlrz d
01-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks J. Hope things get better for you man.

rpmpit
01-02-2009, 10:31 PM
d and j, for what its worth, some of the best things that have ever happened to me came after what appeared to be major setbacks. And if not for these "setbacks", these opportunities that truly changed my life would never have occurred. Keep your heads up and good things will happen.

Jooser
01-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Sorry to hear that D, I lost my job earlier this year too. I guess the auto industry isn't one that anybody should feel safe working in right now. The good news is that I have re-enrolled in college, and I start back full time in January (14th). Good luck in your legal endeavors. Joos

Djfan
01-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Sorry to hear it D. Here's your chance to make a move!

I am willing to start the "get D to Tampa!" fund drive. If we get there (sorry!) WHEN we get there, if I go, I pledge at least $40 towards D's joining us.

costanza2k1
01-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Sorry to hear it D. Here's your chance to make a move!

I am willing to start the "get D to Tampa!" fund drive. If we get there (sorry!) WHEN we get there, if I go, I pledge at least $40 towards D's joining us.

sorry to hear about your gig D, I won't be going to Tampa but I'm in on the D to Tampa fund...I can match Djfan...

stlrz d
01-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the kind words fellas and best of luck to those who find themselves in a similar situation.

Good luck in school Jooser and don't stress too much...those remedial adult classes are usually pass/fail! :P :lol: :D :)

Jooser
01-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Well, as long as it's all multiple choice/true-false type questions, I should be ok. Oh, and if the professor could read all the questions out loud, that'd be even better! :wink:

stlrz d
01-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Well, as long as it's all multiple choice/true-false type questions, I should be ok. Oh, and if the professor could read all the questions out loud, that'd be even better! :wink:

:lol: