PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun

stlrz d
12-10-2008, 11:32 PM
post some of the ridiculous things you've seen or heard about the Steelers and/or Steelers fans.

There is a lot of dumb out there, but one of the dumbest, imo, is when people say and/or post "Steelers fans seem to forget their team was the doormat of the league for 40 years".

I mean seriously, what are we supposed to do, continuously mention that?

"Hey, this Steelers defense is really, really good and on the verge of making history...but let's not forget that this team was the doormat of the NFL for 40 years."

"James Harrison is having an outstanding season once again and should be on the short list of DPOY candidates...but let's not forget that this team was the doormat of the NFL for 40 years."

"If the Steelers beat the Ravens this Sunday they will lock up the division championship...but let's not forget that this team was the doormat of the NFL for 40 years."

Get the idea? Sheesh!

Every time some idiot makes the ridiculous statement that we seem to forget that the team was the "doormat of the NFL" for 40 years I want to kill somebody!

SteelerNation1
12-10-2008, 11:37 PM
True story:

I was at a bar in Kent, OH (i graduated from Kent St) and of course I had all my gear on. Two dudes come up to me and say, "Hey man, nice shirt...trivia question for you. What are the Steelers colors?" Of course I reply, "Black and Gold baby." The one says, "Nope, the Saints are black and gold, haha." For some reason that annoyed. I looked at him and wanted to knock him out. So my buddy asks, "I assume you guys like the browns?" They both say yes. He then says "Black and gold, black and yellow, whatever...its better than sh!t brown!!!" The rest of the night we just kept chanting "Sh!t brown, sh!t brown" to the guys. We still laugh about to this day.

Iron Shiek
12-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I've never heard that one.

But I always hear how we are cheap shot artists. That gets under my skin. And probably not exactly what you were looking for, but I couldn't think of anything else.

Maybe the steroid use in the 70's. People like to bring that up anytime someone mentions how awesome the Steel Curtain was.

stlrz d
12-10-2008, 11:41 PM
IS - that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for and that cheap shot stuff gets under my skin too.

Nice story SN1! :D

SteelerOfDeVille
12-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Ben does a good job of "managing the offense"...

that so far from the truth.. he either Effs it up, or he effs YOU up...

:lol:

MeetJoeGreene
12-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I laugh when I hear people THIS year say something about the Steelers power RUNNING game.

Djfan
12-11-2008, 02:37 AM
"Man! The refs always go for the Steelers!"

flippy
12-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Steelers fans are losers.

proudpittsburgher
12-11-2008, 09:56 AM
More specifically to the Ravens board, and to this week's game, "We'll see who's leading the division after this week. OK, two things bother me with that.

1. If they win, that means we split. 1-1 head to head. Yet, they will turn it into owning the division, completely forgetting about the loss we handed them earlier in the season
and 2. We will still be in the division lead with a better conference tiebreak record. The media often overlooks this little fact as well.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 11:03 AM
What bugs me? The fact that the Cowboys are supposedly "America's Team." My @$$.

Dallas may have the second most fans throughout the country, but they are a DISTANT second place. It's not even close.

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 11:08 AM
True story:

I was at a bar in Kent, OH (i graduated from Kent St) and of course I had all my gear on. Two dudes come up to me and say, "Hey man, nice shirt...trivia question for you. What are the Steelers colors?" Of course I reply, "Black and Gold baby." The one says, "Nope, the Saints are black and gold, haha." For some reason that annoyed. I looked at him and wanted to knock him out. So my buddy asks, "I assume you guys like the browns?" They both say yes. He then says "Black and gold, black and yellow, whatever...its better than sh!t brown!!!" The rest of the night we just kept chanting "Sh!t brown, sh!t brown" to the guys. We still laugh about to this day.

This just happened to me on Sunday. Well, sorta. A friend of my in-laws asked why we say black and gold when its black and yellow. So I said, "Its not yellow, its goldenrod."

...and then I stabbed her :twisted:

SteelerOfDeVille
12-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Ray, Ray, I always knew you were a Steelers fan...

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Ray, Ray, I always knew you were a Steelers fan...

Damn it!!! You got me!!! :twisted: :twisted:

I guess I should tell that big, red-headed dude he can stop standing in for me at the tailgates and games.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 02:12 PM

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/RPMjason.jpg

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 02:16 PM

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/RPMjason.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jigawatts
12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
"Steelers got lucky again."

That is a typical response of a browns fan in this area. Actually it's the only ammunition
they have in their pea brains.

stlrz d
12-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Yes Sir!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-11-2008, 06:07 PM
The Steelers have one of the best O lines in all of football.

Man, that was 5 years ago!!

Ozey74
12-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Roethlisbeger was so good his rookie year because he basically inherited an All-Pro team.

:x

I hate when people say that!

flippy
12-11-2008, 06:15 PM
ike has bad hands....oh nevermind, he does....

Chachi
12-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Roethlisbeger was so good his rookie year because he basically inherited an All-Pro team.

:x

I hate when people say that!

That is the same response (for the most part) I get up here when I bring it up, but I've had fun with this a bit up here in New England land.

With Brady going down early I thought it a chance to bring this up.....over and over and over again.....

Chachi: "Hay, cheater fan, too bad Brady went down. Yea....that sucks, whatever. So, you should be pretty confident though about your teams chances. I mean, sure you have to go with what's his name, Cassel?, yea, but you keep saying how easy it was for Roethlisberger his rookie year to go undefeated because of the great team around him. You keep saying it was no big deal.

Well, that Steeler team went 6-10 the year before Ben. Cassel has not only been in the league, what, 3-4 years, he inherits a team that went 16-0!!!! This should be a breeze for him to go undefeated and take you guys back to the AFCC game......right?

Right?

Every time they lose I bring up Ben's rookie season.....and laugh at them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mshifko
12-11-2008, 07:40 PM
at work this week, a doctor that is from texas, told me:

"why are you so happy you guys won? we put up 300 yards on your so-called, number 1 defense...if we play you on a neutral field, without that schitty weather, we beat you 35-7, it's not even close..."

i don't like to talk too much smack, i just kept saying that we are the better team, if we see you guys again it'll be a good game, but we are the better team...haha

stlrz d
12-11-2008, 08:49 PM

"why are you so happy you guys won? we put up 300 yards on your so-called, number 1 defense...if we play you on a neutral field, without that schitty weather, we beat you 35-7, it's not even close..."

i don't like to talk too much smack, i just kept saying that we are the better team, if we see you guys again it'll be a good game, but we are the better team...haha

Yikes...they didn't put up 300 on us.

One doctor I most certainly don't want standing over me.

"Yes nurse, I am positive I removed that unaccounted for clamp before closing up...I have no idea why the patient's vitals are falling." :shock:

flippy
12-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Yikes...they didn't put up 300 on us.

One doctor I most certainly don't want standing over me.

"Yes nurse, I am positive I removed that unaccounted for clamp before closing up...I have no idea why the patient's vitals are falling." :shock:

rounding up is doctor math.....

surgery costs 11,000, so why not round it up to 20,000.....

mshifko
12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
haha he's a radiologist...i mean, they put what 280? i just let him keep talking...it was getting pretty funny

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
How sick is it that this defense has not allowed 300 yards in any game this season???

23 TEAMS AVERAGE AT LEAST 300 YARDS ALLOWED PER GAME!!!

TWENTY-THREE TEAMS!!!

Our worst game of the season, 290 yards allowed vs. the Colts, is less than the average yards allowed for 26 teams. Yup, four teams that can brag about having top 10 defenses, give up more yards per game on average than our worst game all season. Sick. Just sick!

NorCal-Steeler
12-12-2008, 12:47 AM
I always like the Steeler fans are well traveled , we live everywhere!!