PDA

View Full Version : BLOG/NEWS: Tomlin: Cowboys comments 'funny'

costanza2k1
12-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Tomlin: Cowboys comments 'funny'

December 9, 2008 1:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin apparently doesn't accept early Christmas gifts, as the Dallas Cowboys have put it this week.

In the aftermath of Sunday's 20-13 comeback victory over Dallas, a Cowboys player told reporters "Christmas came early for the Steelers." Initial reports had the quote attributed to tight end Jason Witten, but NFC East blogger Matt Mosley clarified Monday that it was receiver Patrick Crayton who made the statement.

Either way, Tomlin was amused by the comments during his weekly press conference Tuesday.

"That's just guys talking," Tomlin said. "That's funny to me. When the clock strikes zero, you either got more points than your opponents or you don't. We could have said the same thing about our Indianapolis game but we didn't. We acknowledge that we didn't finish the job. That's what winning is about, particularly winning in December."

And winning in the final month of the season is something the Steelers have done well. Pittsburgh is 16-5 in December since 2004.

Dallas, on the other hand, continues to give out early Christmas gifts in December, as it has for much of this decade.

Iron Shiek
12-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah you douchebag Crayton...what did you do to help your team Santa!? STFU and go practice so you can climb out of the bottom of the depth chart one day maybe. The Cowboys = losers (as in no playoff wins in what, 14 years or so...Merry Xmas a$$hole).

AngryAsian
12-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Yet another reason why I love our HC. He preaches and lives accountability.

bostonsteeler
12-11-2008, 01:10 AM
And the man has an amazing way with words!
Easily the best spoken coach in the league.

flippy
12-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Why Christmas and not Hanukkha?

stlrz d
12-11-2008, 08:37 AM

Tomlinstein?

MeetJoeGreene
12-11-2008, 08:55 AM

Tomlinstein?

Tomlinberg

c'mon. That is too obvious

stlrz d
12-11-2008, 09:04 AM

Tomlinstein?

Tomlinberg

c'mon. That is too obvious

Hey, I had been awake for all of about 20 minutes when I posted that. :x

papillon
12-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Tomlin: Cowboys comments 'funny'

December 9, 2008 1:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin apparently doesn't accept early Christmas gifts, as the Dallas Cowboys have put it this week.

In the aftermath of Sunday's 20-13 comeback victory over Dallas, a Cowboys player told reporters "Christmas came early for the Steelers." Initial reports had the quote attributed to tight end Jason Witten, but NFC East blogger Matt Mosley clarified Monday that it was receiver Patrick Crayton who made the statement.

The above statements and quotes are how losers respond to a game like that.

Either way, Tomlin was amused by the comments during his weekly press conference Tuesday.

"That's just guys talking," Tomlin said. "That's funny to me. When the clock strikes zero, you either got more points than your opponents or you don't. We could have said the same thing about our Indianapolis game but we didn't. We acknowledge that we didn't finish the job. That's what winning is about, particularly winning in December."

The above statements and quote is how a winner and someone that acknowledges accountability responds. Tomlin is clearly the leader of the Steelers; he doesn't accept excuses or make them, I like it.

And winning in the final month of the season is something the Steelers have done well. Pittsburgh is 16-5 in December since 2004.

:Clap :Clap :Clap and this :moon to the Cowboys. :tt2

Dallas, on the other hand, continues to give out early Christmas gifts in December, as it has for much of this decade.

Yes sir!

Pappy

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-11-2008, 05:58 PM
And the man has an amazing way with words!
Easily the best spoken coach in the league.

Not too shabby for an overpaid janitor. I guess if we are going to call him that, at least he can be like Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting. He was pretty bright for a janitor. :lol:

mshifko
12-11-2008, 07:32 PM
whats even funnier is that after halftime, wade phillips was talking about how their offense was struggling partly due to the weather...gotta love blaming the weather, the same weather we had to play in...

the cowboys and their fans are full of excuses, but who cares...we won the game because we are the better team