PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Some Baltimore Fans Sell Tickets To Steelers Game

costanza2k1
12-10-2008, 08:28 PM
BALTIMORE (WJZ) ? Selling tickets or selling out? Thousands of Ravens fans are selling their seats to the Steelers. Jessica Kartalija reports players and hardcore fans are crying foul.

Black and gold and that infamous terrible towel--they're the team Ravens fans love to hate...yet Baltimore fans are selling Pittsburgh fans tickets to the game!

"It's the ultimate disrespect. I don't think they'd sell their tickets to us," said Terrell Suggs.

Barker Koppelman is VP of ticket sales for the Ravens.

"Obviously we don't want them doing that. We want as many Ravens fans in the house as possible," he said.

So is selling to Steelers fans selling out? I asked sports columnist David Steele from our newspaper partner, the Baltimore Sun.

"When you do that, you sort of give up your right to say how great a fan you are. If you're willing to sell your ticket and give your fanship for money and let another team's fan come into our building and root against your team," he said.

But with the slumping economy and holidays just around the corner, many Ravens fans are quick to sell their tickets to anyone as long as they get their money.

"I'm sure that Steelers fans offered them a hefty price. At the same time, we would rather they keep their tickets because Steelers fans come in packs and droves and when you're the home team, you wish the fans would not sell it," said Willie Anderson.

"You cannot fault any of these people but maybe you should look toward our own community first if you want to release your tickets," said Jason Brown.

Tickets to the game have been sold out for months. With the Ravens just one game behind the Steelers in the AFC north, the price of tickets went through the roof online.

Save for the sight of those bright gold towels, there's no way to pinpoint exactly how many Steelers fans will actually attend the game.

"Ultimately our fans are going to drown them out and if we're playing well, we're going to drown them out," Koppelman said.

The Steelers have lost the last five games they've played in Baltimore.

Iron Shiek
12-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Whoa...that last sentence was disturbing...has it been 5 Losses in a row there in crackmore?

Yikes...lets turn that around....like now.

skyhawk
12-11-2008, 12:25 AM
This happens at most stadiums where the Steelers play REGARDLESS of the economy or if it's the holidays. :tt2

flippy
12-11-2008, 09:15 AM
THis story just keeps getting recycled.

Who cares? We're better fans.

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2008, 11:17 AM
"I don't think they'd sell their tickets to us," said Terrell Suggs.

Damn straight, skippy. :twisted:

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Whoa...that last sentence was disturbing...has it been 5 Losses in a row there in crackmore?

Yikes...lets turn that around....like now.

Two years ago they killed us down there. Actually, that happened in both games :cry:

But last year when we went down there it was a garbage game for us. We had already clinched the AFC North and had nothing to play for. Ben didn't play and it was the week after FWP broke his leg against the Rams. And we only lost the game by 6.

snarky
12-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Terrell Suggs needs to get a grip.

He and every other player in the NFL make millions playing in taxpayer subsidized stadiums and most have zero allegiance to a team beyond the end of their current contract. Is he so dedicated to the Ravens that he will accept less to play there?

rpmpit
12-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Terrell Suggs needs to get a grip.

He and every other player in the NFL make millions playing in taxpayer subsidized stadiums and most have zero allegiance to a team beyond the end of their current contract. Is he so dedicated to the Ravens that he will accept less to play there?

I've said this before. I'd bet that we (the fans) take wins and losses more seriously than most of the players and coaches do. Before I get blasted for this - I said MOST.