PDA

View Full Version : At the Cowboys game???

VirgilBosett
12-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Anyone at the game?

One thing you just can't see from TV is if the WR's, TE's, and RB's are actually getting open on sack, rush, knockdown plays, etc....

TV just doesn't do it justice. Even on plays where a throw is made the angle only reveals 1 or 2 targets....maybe 3.

Not trying to throw Ben or anyone else under the bus here....just curious if anyone noticed.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Anyone at the game?

One thing you just can't see from TV is if the WR's, TE's, and RB's are actually getting open on sack, rush, knockdown plays, etc....

TV just doesn't do it justice. Even on plays where a throw is made the angle only reveals 1 or 2 targets....maybe 3.

Not trying to throw Ben or anyone else under the bus here....just curious if anyone noticed.

DId you see a lot of wasted open receivers?

And more to the point ... I've noticed on the (few) games I've been to that the action is so FRIGGIN fast compared to what it looks like on TV, and that it's not unusual for people to be open but not targeted. So because that maybe happened Sunday afternoon, well that wouldn't be too surprising. Especially with Ben having to rush throws most of the time.

What do you think?

Just my :2c

VirgilBosett
12-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Wasn't at the game.....but you just can't see it all from the TV.

Looked like some of the issues were caused by great coverage.

SteelerNation1
12-10-2008, 11:32 PM
I was there and on a few of the sacks, the rush (CB) was there so fast, BR7 had no chance to throw. On a few of the sacks, he held on to the rock WAY too long looking to make a big play. Ironically, I was screaming at Ben to throw the ball away on that play he made to Santonio on the sideline. Oops.

buckeyehoppy
12-11-2008, 01:00 AM
I was there and on a few of the sacks, the rush (CB) was there so fast, BR7 had no chance to throw. On a few of the sacks, he held on to the rock WAY too long looking to make a big play. Ironically, I was screaming at Ben to throw the ball away on that play he made to Santonio on the sideline. Oops.

We'll give you a pass on the "oops".

Ben has a bad habit of holding too long. This will eventually need to be eliminated since the chances of finding an open receiver when he holds that long are obviously greatly diminished. How else would you explain the high number of sacks on Ben?

Also, I think it's fair to point out that his release point is pretty low. That's especially true when considering his height. It would help him to work on throwing at between 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock. He either before 11 or after 1 on most of his throws.

MeetJoeGreene
12-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I agree that you can see much better in person. I love sitting high up in an endzone. It was very frustrating when Kordell was QB.

I live for the day when we can split our (75 in) TV screens and show multiple views of games at the same time (one of mine would always be and overhead view or high-up endzone view.

Yes Sir!!

flippy
12-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Pretty much every game I've been to, Nate is usually open deep on every play.

VirgilBosett
12-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Love the overhead view. Hate to say it, but 3 Rivers was absolutely great for that view. Had tickets to a bunch of games in the 80's & 90's in the very last row of the endzone opposite the scoreboard (636 I think) and I loved them for that purpose.

Saw Nate run a route on a replay that had me thinking.....he looked like he was almost methodically counting off steps and then cut toward the sideline on an out pattern. Pac was right there waiting at the cutting point, and it didn't seem to deter Nate at all...thought he could have cut off his route just a bit short allowing himself to get open. Seems like alot of QB's dump the ball short....or high and hard on that route when they know the rush is comming and the guy is covered.

Anytime I see the QB, in any game struggling for time, I always wonder what the story is on the coverage side of things. You just don't get to see the whole picture unless you are at the game, and looking for it.

flippy
12-11-2008, 07:54 PM
i like the upper end zone, just a little to the right for the best view of the passing game.

lower endzone is good for seeing the line play. you can see QB pressure and sacks before they happen. it's like a QB view or a safety view of the game depending on which way the team is going.

i'm not a big fan of the sideline view.