PDA

View Full Version : Lendale White's Feelings hurt

costanza2k1
12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Too caught up in nicknames and junk, I hope they go one and done in the playoffs... :twisted:

December 10, 2008 3:44 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- LenDale White had reporters rolling Wednesday afternoon when asked for his assessment of all the talk Monday night suggesting Carolina's Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams qualified as "Smash and Dash."

"If they want a nickname, I can nickname them: 'Identity and Theft,'" said White, who's successfully paired with the speedy rookie Chris Johnson this season. "...I was upset because I made that phrase up myself. I mean I made it up. I don't know about NFL Network and all those other guys. I heard somebody say, 'Batman and Robin,' that's like cute, that's for them. If they want that name they can have it. The 'Smash and Dash' is something I made up."

To be fair, I think "Smash and Dash" was one of a variety of nicknames that floated through chat boards, newscasts, articles and blogs from people desperate for an alternative to the "Thunder and Lightning" tandem tag. The two appeared together at a podium after they keyed a franchise record 332 rushing yards in Week 7 on Oct. 19.

"We've got a copyright and everything for it, I'll make sure I show the documents," White said. "It's well trademarked and it's copy written. I don't know if we're going to take legal action or not."

He gave two T-shirts to one of the team's media relations officials with a note to send to the Carolina backfield. Earlier he joked he would "put 'fraudulent activity' on there.

"I've been swacced. If you guys don't know what that is, it's swagger-jacked and I can't believe that happened to me," he said, spelling out swacced upon request. "Somebody messed up my whole swag and that's not cool."

Johnson was much more low-key about the whole deal.

"I heard about it," he said. "It's just a name. It didn't matter to me. We staked a claim to it, but I know who made it up, some fans or some commentators probably called them that. I'm not sure if they themselves really said they were 'Smash and Dash.' I'm not too much worried about it."

Fullback Ahmard Hall leaned in White's direction, but without the one-liners.

"To see those guys take that name, it really upset me," he said. "Because it's something that we're building, camaraderie and different things come about when you're having a great season. To see them just take that name, it upset me. Think of something else, be a little creative."

Les 74
12-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Hmmm,interesting.They must have interviewed LenDale between meals.

MeetJoeGreene
12-10-2008, 05:40 PM

They got to him between HASH browns and MASH ed potatoes.

Jooser
12-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Just one more head case that I am thankful we didn't draft. He's got talent, but this his first year really doing anything, yet he just can't shut up. He just wants attention like a little baby.

Iron Shiek
12-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Actually the stuff he was saying was pretty funny. But the seriousness of it (which I couldn't gather from reading an article) I wasn't sure of. Definitely a head case if he was super serious about it...but hey if he came up with it and they are claiming it I'd be mad too. Im sure Len"Whale" will threaten to eat one of their children (and it wouldn't be an empty threat like Mike Tyson's) and they will succumb to any nickname he wants them to have.

flippy
12-10-2008, 06:32 PM
They should call the Titans blazing.....

ones fast and the other smokes weed......

SteelerOfDeVille
12-10-2008, 07:21 PM
what's he, a c-cup now?

Les 74
12-10-2008, 08:37 PM
what's he, a c-cup now?

Borderline D if you ask me.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2008, 09:01 PM

They got to him between HASH browns and MASH ed potatoes.

I'd guess he's had a different kind of HASH (and, no, I'm not talking about Corned Beef HASH either).

MeetJoeGreene
12-10-2008, 11:54 PM
what's he, a c-cup now?

A c-cup with good vision.