PDA

View Full Version : WHY YOU SHOULDNT BE WORRIED THIS WEEK

Doogie36
12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Have you guys seen the Ravens scheduled and the wins???

Bengals, Texans, Browns, Dolphins, Raiders, Browns, Eagles, Bengals, Redskins. The only impressive win out of those was the Eagles game but the Eagles were only down by 3 points I believe when they benched McNabb. Do you think the Steelers would of won if they benched McNabb????? EXACTLY my point. Not to take anything away from the Dolphins this year but they are playing a last place schedule and have faced some very weak opponents as well.

Steelers have beat: Texans, Browns, Ravens, Jaguars, Bengals, Redskins, Chargers, Bengals, Patriots, Cowboys.

I think the Patriots are way better then the Dolphins as that last score between the 2 indicated. I believe the Cowboys beat the Eagles even when the Eagles were playing at a very HIGH LEVEL. The Jaguars and Chargers still have great players and are by far better then the RAIDERS.

My point is this...we have the hardest schedule and have faced 5 teams with top 10 passing offenses, we faced 4 teams with top 10 rushing offenses and we are still the leagues best defense in both categories. The Ravens faced only 4 top 10 passing offenses and only 3 top 10 rushing offenses. If you remember the number 1 rushing GIANTS killed the ravens D, they didnt kill ours.

The COLTS killed the Ravens, they didnt kill us

I'm not worried about the WIN, i'm worried about the injuries!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens get a reality Check this week. After our 1st meeting the Ravens went on a 3 game losing streak. STEELERS, TITANS, COLTS.....couldnt handle the 3 good teams. After us they have Cowobys, Jaguars.....again the easy schedule is over RAVENS!!! it's time to play with the BIG BOYS again.

GOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

WATCH FOR NATE WASHINGTON TO HAVE A BIG GAME as he did last year.

Djfan
12-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Granted they lost to great running teams. That's not us.

That's my other fear.

steelz09
12-10-2008, 02:04 PM
I agree Doogie, (welcome aboard btw)

The Ravens always give the Steelers fits especially at home. My main concern in our running game and offensive line. The Ravens will force Big Ben to beat them. Let's hope our offense can step up!

I feel that Dick Lebeau might have a few tricks up his sleeve for Mr. Flacco. Much more game tap on him this time around.

Regards,

J

SteelerNation1
12-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Its real simple...DON'T turn the ball over and we win. Nice 1st post Doogie, but when its Ravens-Steelers throw records, stats, etc out the window.

Doogie36
12-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah but remember one thing about our 1st matchup. Who was our starting RB that game???? Rashard Mendenhall and it was his first game. Moore didnt play much leading up to that game. I agree that our Running game will struggle against the ravens but what I also believe is that a guy like MOORE will really hurt a blitzing team like the Ravens. Big Ben will be able to check down to Moore and that option wasn't really there in the 1st meeting. It's something the Ravens will have to gameplan for and it might prevent a LB from blitzing Ben.

Also playing a FB as the Ravens do will give Troy more time to explore the BOX and run blitz as he did against the Cowboys. I think playing a FB will help our Defense shut them down even more....I'm always more afraid of a team like the Colts who spread us out then I am against a team who RUNS. Flacco has no chance.

We should be 6 point favorites and the fact that we aren't will fire our team up even more. If hines doesnt kick a ball in the air to the ravens players we will WIN.

Have no fear Steeler Fans.....We got this one in the BAG....

Ravens Defense is not as good as it use to be....

SteelerNation1
12-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah but remember one thing about our 1st matchup. Who was our starting RB that game???? Rashard Mendenhall and it was his first game. Moore didnt play much leading up to that game. I agree that our Running game will struggle against the ravens but what I also believe is that a guy like MOORE will really hurt a blitzing team like the Ravens. Big Ben will be able to check down to Moore and that option wasn't really there in the 1st meeting. It's something the Ravens will have to gameplan for and it might prevent a LB from blitzing Ben.

Also playing a FB as the Ravens do will give Troy more time to explore the BOX and run blitz as he did against the Cowboys. I think playing a FB will help our Defense shut them down even more....I'm always more afraid of a team like the Colts who spread us out then I am against a team who RUNS. Flacco has no chance.

We should be 6 point favorites and the fact that we aren't will fire our team up even more. If hines doesnt kick a ball in the air to the ravens players we will WIN.

I kept telling myself, Flacco had no chance on that MondayNighter in sept, but damn he played ok. We need to rattle his cage early and often. A big key to the game may be the # of passes Mewelde and Heath catch. They need to catch about 10-12 between them IMO.

Doogie36
12-10-2008, 02:26 PM
We have yet to play a complete game and I think this week will be the first of its kind....It's statement time for these Steelers and what better way to lead into the Titans game then with an impressive WIN.

Rookie Head Coach, Rookie QB, aging defense and we are worried????

I know it was week 4 but think back to that game.

We lose Simmons that game, stapleton plays his 1st game. Stapleton held his own and has only gotten better. We didnt have HAMPTON or KIESEL for that game and I know we might not have Kiesel but Hampton is there and still taking up 2 bodies. We were still able to generate a TON of pressure. We also didnt have GAY playing in our secondary who I think has done a great job. Townsend as NICKEL back???? WOW that's HUGE for us and will really hurt FLACCO.

What else we fail to remember is this....WHO GOT THE GAME BALL THAT GAME??? Who really shined for our team and proved they will be a RAVEN KILLER????? Melwelde Moore did that and he hardly played. The way he played in the 4th quarter and that huge dump pass that he took 30 plus yards was the difference maker. Imagine having that for the entire game????? Imagine Fast Willie also being available???? Neither one we had and we were without our 2 best D lineman and we lost our starting offensive lineman that game.

I was more worried last week against Romo, TO, Roy Williams, and Witten then I am against the Ravens. Sorry but that's the truth......I'm not worried about any team that prides themselves on running the ball to win.......WE HAVE STOPPED THAT FOR MANY MANY YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

papillon
12-10-2008, 02:27 PM

I kept telling myself, Flacco had no chance on that MondayNighter in sept, but damn he played ok. We need to rattle his cage early and often. A big key to the game may be the # of passes Mewelde and Heath catch. They need to catch about 10-12 between them IMO.

There is a lot more film of Flacco now to determine his tendencies and security blanket. I really don't expect the same kind of performance from him this time. He's going to struggle, the #1 rated passer in the NFL struggled, Flacco will have his issues this game. He has never played in a game this intense either; there's a lot at stake on this one and the Ravens playoff hopes may be riding on this one as well. They have to travel to Dallas next weekend and will probably have to win.

They are in the same position the Steelers were a few weeks back, having a good record, but a tough schedule, and realizing that losing could have you missing the playoffs. There is infinitely more pressure on them than on the Steelers. The Steelers are playing with a safety net because of the last two weeks.

Pappy

Djfan
12-10-2008, 02:32 PM
We have yet to play a complete game and I think this week will be the first of its kind....It's statement time for these Steelers and what better way to lead into the Titans game then with an impressive WIN.

We lose Simmons that game, stapleton plays his 1st game. Stapleton held his own and has only gotten better. We didnt have HAMPTON or KIESEL for that game and I know we might not have Kiesel but Hampton is there and still taking up 2 bodies. We were still able to generate a TON of pressure. We also didnt have GAY playing in our secondary who I think has done a great job. Townsend as NICKEL back???? WOW that's HUGE for us and will really hurt FLACCO.

What else we fail to remember is this....WHO GOT THE GAME BALL THAT GAME??? Who really shined for our team and proved they will be a RAVEN KILLER????? Melwelde Moore did that and he hardly played. The way he played in the 4th quarter and that huge dump pass that he took 30 plus yards was the difference maker. Imagine having that for the entire game????? Imagine Fast Willie also being available???? Neither one we had and we were without our 2 best D lineman and we lost our starting offensive lineman that game.

I was more worried last week against Romo, TO, Roy Williams, and Witten then I am against the Ravens. Sorry but that's the truth......I'm not worried about any team that prides themselves on running the ball to win.......WE HAVE STOPPED THAT FOR MANY MANY YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You win. I feel better.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2008, 02:35 PM

You win. I feel better.

Of course he wins. He didn't graduate from medical school at the age of 14 because he was stupid. Listen to the man. He knows of what he speaks. :)

Doogie36
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Of course he wins. He didn't graduate from medical school at the age of 14 because he was stupid. Listen to the man. He knows of what he speaks

toooo funny!!!!!!!! i have nothing left to say after that post. LOL

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Of course he wins. He didn't graduate from medical school at the age of 14 because he was stupid. Listen to the man. He knows of what he speaks

toooo funny!!!!!!!! i have nothing left to say after that post. LOL

http://www.kfcplainfield.com/tv/doogie1.jpg

Steeler Shades
12-10-2008, 02:58 PM
... Big Ben will be able to check down to Moore and that option wasn't really there in the 1st meeting.....
But will Ben take it or any other check downs? By the time he starts looking short his receivers may not be open.
Our defense can hand the Ratbirds offense. The question is how Airens, Ben and the rest of the O unit does against the #2 defense. I think the Ratbirds defense is going to take the same approach ours will, shut down the run, pressure the QB and make him beat you. 8)

NW Steeler
12-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I just hope that we dont screw around for 2-3 quarters before we score some points. If we can get up by ten points somewhat early, it will be game OVER. Our offense in that first game was UGLY. We certainly seem to be a second half team this year. While that is a bit frustrating, it is also a little reassuring knowing that we will turn it up a notch or two as the game wears on. I have to say that this game makes me very nervous though.

JDSteeler
12-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Was that the sound of, "TO" Joe's pysfinkster tightening, that I just heard???

:ratsuck

JD

feltdizz
12-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I think LeBeau threw some wrinkles at Flacco in the second half and he fell apart.

I think D.LeBeau will go hard at him to start the game to get an early jump.

costanza2k1
12-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Question:

Are we playing against the same OTs as before? I can't remember.