PDA

View Full Version : Is this the end of the line for willie parker

tomiesteel08
12-10-2008, 01:23 PM
some top running backs have a short shelf life and burn out way to early. Have the injuries and heavy workload the past two seasons taken its toll on him. He just hasn't looked good and he keeps getting injured. Im not sure mendenhall can be the man we need a big bruising back like Jacobs or Maurice Jones-Drew.

MeetJoeGreene
12-10-2008, 01:25 PM
That Maurice Drew-Jones sure is a HUGE back.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2008, 01:26 PM
MJD is listed as 5-7, 208 lbs.

tomiesteel08
12-10-2008, 01:28 PM
some top running backs have a short shelf life and burn out way to early. Have the injuries and heavy workload the past two seasons taken its toll on him. He just hasn't looked good and he keeps getting injured. Im not sure mendenhall can be the man we need a big bruising back like Jacobs or Maurice Jones-Drew.

MeetJoeGreene
12-10-2008, 01:32 PM
MJD is listed as 5-7, 208 lbs.

and MJG is 5'10 187 lbs. He should be 177 lbs.

BURGH86STEEL
12-10-2008, 01:33 PM
some top running backs have a shot shelf life and burn out way to early. Have the injuries and heavy workload the past two seasons taken its toll on him. He just hasn't looked good and he keeps getting injured. Im not sure mendenhall can be the man we need a big bruising back like Jacobs or Maurice Jones-Drew.

I think Parker will be with the team next season. After that, not so sure. A lot will depend how well he comes back from these injuries. He will probably split more carries with Mendenhall next season. That should help Parker out in the long run. Unfortunate that Mendenhall was injured this season.

Find it funny that someone would point out that RBs have a short shelf life and then come and state we need a big bruising back like Jacobs. I think the team that over spends on Jacobs if he hits the market will be sorry. In the future, Jacobs will probably be on the sidelines more than he will be on the field. Anyone that big takes more of a pounding than a RB of Parker's size.

papillon
12-10-2008, 01:34 PM

I don't think so, but, I do believe that the off season without having to rehab the broken leg will help him tremendously and he'll come back healthy and strong next year. Willie Parker is a workout warrior, so, he'll be prepared for next season; he isn't a small man by any stretch of the imagination, just take a look at him.

Next year we'll get to see what we were hoping to see this year. Parker and Mendenhall carrying the load and Moore being the situational back on third down and an occasional series or two.

Willie Parker has proven his whole career including college that you should never underestimate him and until someone takes the job from him or he retires I will believe him when he says he'll be ready.

Pappy

GreggyDigital
12-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I really don't think replacing one oft injuried running back (Parker) with another (Jacobs) is the real answer. Mendy was picked so high in our draft for a reason.

The guys has the tools, he just needs to keep his shoulder blade intact.

Mel Blount's G
12-10-2008, 01:37 PM
...a big bruising back like Jacobs.
You mean that back that's currently out with an injury?

SteelerOfDeVille
12-10-2008, 02:09 PM
...a big bruising back like Jacobs.
You mean that back that's currently out with an injury?
perhaps he'd prefer Marion Barber... wiat... nevermind.

flippy
12-10-2008, 02:11 PM

MT ran him too much and really did make the wheels fall off.

He'll be back to health next year. He's relatively young with low mileage.

JDSteeler
12-10-2008, 03:18 PM
No! The Mole needs to start developing some better run plays!!

Can you spell....MISDIRECTION...MOLE!!!!!!!!!

JD

AngryAsian
12-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Carolina and New York have been doing this all season, with great success..... backfield by consensus. This helps limits injuries and keeps the running game potent. Why we don't do this with Russell, Moore and Parker is beyond me.

Jigawatts
12-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Carolina and New York have been doing this all season, with great success..... backfield by consensus. This helps limits injuries and keeps the running game potent. Why we don't do this with Russell, Moore and Parker is beyond me.

What I've seen from Russell I've liked. He runs hard and he runs mean. He can run
through people. And if his offensive lineman wouldn't slip on their fat arses, he'd
look even better.

MeetJoeGreene
12-10-2008, 03:30 PM

Precisely. That is what is wrong with half of you people on here. You just don't fully understand the sheer, utter magnitude of the genius that is Bruce Arians.

:D

papillon
12-10-2008, 03:37 PM

Moore and Parker are rhythm runners and I don't believe function as well alternating series like they have been doing. I would rather see Arains pick one and stay with him and use the other for specific situatuions.

Yes Sir!

Pappy

feltdizz
12-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I get tired of hearing about needing a big bruising RB.. do you think a big bruiser could really get yards in this offense when he has to break a tackle before hitting the hole half the time?

WE need a FB.. everything else will be butter if we get a FB.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2008, 03:48 PM
I get tired of hearing about needing a big bruising RB.. do you think a big bruiser could really get yards in this offense when he has to break a tackle before hitting the hole half the time?

WE need a FB.. everything else will be butter if we get a FB.

Okay. We need a big bruising FB then. :wink: