PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Titans flex??

SteelerNation1
12-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Is is still a 1 oclock start? Or has it been moves to 4???

flippy
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I think it's 4:15.

Acero
12-10-2008, 10:37 AM
According to the NFL site, this game is still scheduled for 1 pm ET.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules

papillon
12-10-2008, 10:43 AM
They may wait to see what happens this weekend before they move it. Of course, I'm posting this without checking to see if the game has already been moved.

Pappy

SteelerNation1
12-10-2008, 10:58 AM
They may wait to see what happens this weekend before they move it. Of course, I'm posting this without checking to see if the game has already been moved.

Pappy
Thought they had to give 10-12 days notice or something.????????

papillon
12-10-2008, 11:07 AM

Pappy
Thought they had to give 10-12 days notice or something.????????

You could be right I really don't know all the stipulations to the flex scheduling program. I just wait to find out when I need to watch, get my cold beer ready, munchies, the kids and wife and we sit down and lose it for 3 hours. :tt2

I really thought I was going to make it to a tailgate this year, but, we never visited Pittsburgh during a home game. I was just going to pop in and crash the party with Mrs. Pappy (the Saint) and the pappettes (two boys). :shock:

Pappy

Ozey74
12-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I think that this will stay at 1pm. Fox and the NFC will have the 4:15 time slot this week.

Oviedo
12-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I think that this will stay at 1pm. Fox and the NFC will have the 4:15 time slot this week.

I agree. It could be a meaningless game from the Titans standpoint. If they win this weekend they have effectively secured homefield.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-10-2008, 12:36 PM

I agree. It could be a meaningless game from the Titans standpoint. If they win this weekend they have effectively secured homefield.

The Steelers have to loose for the Titans to secure the #1 seed with a Titans win. The Steelers have to win out and the Titans have to loose to Houston this week or Indy for the Steelers to get the #1 seed. If the Steelers & Titans both loose this week, the #1 seed is still open. Best scenario...Steelers win this week and win division & secure bye! That's the one I like best!!! Then go from there...

Ozey74
12-10-2008, 12:40 PM

Even if the Titans win this weekend, I'm still holding hope that the the Steelers gain home filed advantage this way:

The Steelers beat the Ravens, Titans, & Clevland
The Titans lose at Indy in Week 17.

If the we lose to the Ravens this week and if the Titans win, then are hopes of gaining home field advantage are done.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Is there a scenario where we HAVE to beat the Titans to gain a significant advantage in the standings?

And is there a scenario where the Titans might reasonably decide to sit their starters against us?

Oviedo
12-10-2008, 01:05 PM

Even if the Titans win this weekend, I'm still holding hope that the the Steelers gain home filed advantage this way:

The Steelers beat the Ravens, Titans, & Clevland
The Titans lose at Indy in Week 17.

If the we lose to the Ravens this week and if the Titans win, then are hopes of gaining home field advantage are done.

But even though that is importnat to us it probably insn't inportnat to TV netowrks since Pittsburgh and nashville are not major markets. Maybe if the Titans were still undefeated it would be a better draw nationally.

papillon
12-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Is there a scenario where we HAVE to beat the Titans to gain a significant advantage in the standings?

And is there a scenario where the Titans might reasonably decide to sit their starters against us?

The Steelers are going to need help to gain the #1 seed regardless. The best shot for the Steelers to get the #1 is for them to win out. If that occurs then the Titans have to lose to Houston or Indy (I think these are the teams they play besides the Steelers).

The Steelers best hope for a Titan loss will be this week against Houston. Houston is still battling (if they win out they wuill be 9-7) for a spot and the Titans can't afford to lose with the Steelers coming to town next weekend. The Titans winning this weekend and losing to the Steelers probably won't help, because, by the 17th week the Colts will probably have their playoff picture decided and won't be playing their starters.

Pappy

Iron Shiek
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I've heard in several different outlets that Fisher has proclaimed throughout the year that he won't sit players in the last couple games. He is on the competition committee and I think understands that sitting doesn't lend to the integrity of the game. While he does probably sit guys that are nicked up and might normally play, I don't think he benches all the starters.

Djfan
12-10-2008, 02:52 PM
The possibility of The Titans losing in the post season is real. Not to take anything from them, but the are rising on the backs of a lot of scrub teams.

If they lose, we take over for home field.

NW Steeler
12-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I heard this morning that NBC was going to "flex" the Giants/Panthers game next weekend. That means that the Giants will get the flex game the next two weekends. That is b.s., but what you gonna do?

Chachi
12-10-2008, 07:43 PM
If it stays at 1pm, this will be, what, the second 1pm start all year?

It's weird how funky our schedule has been.