PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Quick Take on Ravens vs. Steelers

costanza2k1
12-09-2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2 ... week=REG15 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29738&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2008&week=REG15)
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/R_Lewis_081130_QT.jpg
Ray Lewis leads a Ravens defense ranked second only to this week's opponent.

Last meeting
In Week 4, Jeff Reed hit three field goals, including the game winner in overtime, as the Steelers beat the Ravens in a slugfest, 23-20.

Streaks
The Steelers have won two of the past three games and lead the overall series 15-10. Check out the historical matchup of the last five games.

Last week
The Steelers scored 17 points in the fourth quarter to rally from a 10-point deficit and defeat the Cowboys 20-13. ... The Ravens took control early and never let go to beat the Redskins 24-10 on Sunday Night Football

Keep your eye on ...
The brick layer: Baltimore's leading receiver, Derrick Mason, had three catches for 60 yards and one TD last week against the Redskins. This week he'll try to reach a milestone against the best pass defense in the league -- he needs 105 receiving yards to reach 10,000 for his career.
Fan feedback
Will the Ravens take the AFC North title this season? Will both the Ravens and the Steelers make the playoffs? What are your thoughts?

The safety net: Ravens safety Ed Reed was a GMC Defensive player of the Week nominee for his two-pick performance last week. He has four interceptions in the last three games, and might have opportunities for another if the Steelers' running game stalls.

Flacco under pressure: The Steelers enter Week 15 with 45 sacks, putting them in a tie with Dallas for tops in the league. Linebackers James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley have totaled 26.5 sacks this season and Harrison needs one more to surpass Mike Merriweather for most sacks in a single season in franchise history.

Did you know?
FB Le'Ron McClain leads the Ravens with eight total TDs. ... In the past two starts vs. the Ravens, QB Ben Roethlisberger is 2-0 and has completed 27 of 40 passes for 400 yards and six TDs. ... Steelers TE Heath Miller has four TDs against Baltimore.

Ezekiel 25:17
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
:ratsuck

MeetJoeGreene
12-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Here is hoping Harrison has another monster game like he did previously against the ratbirds.

Here is hoping Ben is on target.

After watching the game again last night, it struck me how many missed passes he threw. A couple of those as completions and our offense scores way more.

ROLROC
12-10-2008, 11:35 AM
we should have had at least 10 more pts in the 1st half. i noticed ben's throws were a bit off too re-watching the game. not nearly as bad as phony romo's keep in mind. i hope it was due to weather conditions.

papillon
12-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Here is hoping Harrison has another monster game like he did previously against the ratbirds.

After watching the game again last night, it struck me how many missed passes he threw. A couple of those as completions and our offense scores way more.

Immediately after the game I thought that Ben had played okay in the first half. After rewatching the game last night he was not nearly as effective as I had thought. Too many balls batted down or thrown into a helmet and missed opportunities with open receivers. The good news is that his decisions were pretty good, but, execution and the weather probably hindered his success.

He'll have to be better this weekend. The weather isn't going to be a factor and those plays will have to be made if the Steelers expect to win. I would love to see the defense playing with a lead this weekend.

Pappy

Oviedo
12-10-2008, 12:08 PM

I hope it is like the game last year that effectively ended Steve McNair's career. Hopeful, but not counting on it. Flacco gets sacked 4 times in this one.

I expect another 20-13 score as more likely with us on top.