PDA

View Full Version : Matt Jones finally suspended

Iron Shiek
12-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Its about time NFL! WTF took so long. Dude was caught and arrested for doing lines in his car but somehow manages to play 13 games. Eric Smith lays a clean hit on the unfortunate Anquan Boldin and gets the hammer dropped immediately. I don't get this $hit.

MATT JONES SUSPENDED FOR FINAL THREE GAMES
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 9, 2008, 1:51 p.m. EST
Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones will be suspended for the final three games of the 2008 NFL season.

Per Jaguars.com, the NFL announced today that Jones’ suspension, for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy, will begin immediately.

Jones was arrested in Arkansas in July and charged with possession of a controlled substance. He had been appealing the subsequent suspension, but that appeal has now been denied.

Jones is the Jaguars’ leading receiver, with 65 catches for 761 yards.

Djfan
12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
This means that Matt Light will be suspended for hitting a Dolphins player next March for three weeks.

flippy
12-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Its about time NFL! WTF took so long. Dude was caught and arrested for doing lines in his car but somehow manages to play 13 games. Eric Smith lays a clean hit on the unfortunate Anquan Boldin and gets the hammer dropped immediately. I don't get this $hit.

Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones will be suspended for the final three games of the 2008 NFL season.

Per Jaguars.com, the NFL announced today that Jones’ suspension, for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy, will begin immediately.

Jones was arrested in Arkansas in July and charged with possession of a controlled substance. He had been appealing the subsequent suspension, but that appeal has now been denied.

Seems like he was arrested a year ago.

Interesting how the Giants and Steelers deal with their problem players versus Jax.

Coincidence those teams are going in opposite directions.

Jags got some bad karma for not nipping the Jones issue in the bud.

sd steel
12-09-2008, 07:22 PM
So he won't be able to play against the Ravens.

eniparadoxgma
12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Hmm...now it makes sense.

On that "why do African Americans always get in trouble" thread or whatever it was called on the trib, I kept using Matt Light as an example of a Caucasian that got into trouble...

I was confusing Matt Jones with Matt Light.

Oh well, f 'em both.

birtikidis
12-09-2008, 08:20 PM
makes me wonder if the NFL will decide to do something about santonio smoking the reefer.

Djfan
12-10-2008, 04:52 AM
makes me wonder if the NFL will decide to do something about santonio smoking the reefer.

Yeah. If we meet the cheaters in the post season, he will be suspended for that week.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-10-2008, 09:49 AM

Seems like he was arrested a year ago.

Interesting how the Giants and Steelers deal with their problem players versus Jax.

Coincidence those teams are going in opposite directions.

Jags got some bad karma for not nipping the Jones issue in the bud.

Excellent point, and one I kept making when it happened. Yes, Santonio was forced to sit out a big game and we lost.....but it is over. It is rarely even mentioned on the boards, and more importantly, it is not a distraction for the team moving forward. Tomlin did an excellent job on this issue. Handle the problem, be done with it as opposed to ignore the problem and hope that it miraculously disappears on its own.