PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are 2 pt road dogs Sunday

tomiesteel08
12-08-2008, 10:46 PM
That is disrespectful. But Steelers play better as Dogs

agdci981
12-08-2008, 10:48 PM
I think it is about what could be expected.

Lebsteel
12-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Good and I hope Berman picks the Ravens :ratsuck

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Since Vegas adds 3 points for home field advantage, they are basically saying that Pittsburgh would be a 1 point favorite if they were to play on a neutral field.

ramblinjim
12-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Tomlin's telling Silverback as we speak that the LasVegas odds makers are disrespecting him. Wait.......

LasVegas no longer exists...... :Beer

GreggyDigital
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Pretty much what I expected. Like it or not, Ravens are playing good ball right now.

I like how we match up but I have a feeling, even more than other games, that the turn-over battle will ultimately decide this game.

If we protect the ball, we'll eventually force Flacco into some mistakes.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Pretty much what I expected. Like it or not, Ravens are playing good ball right now.
exactly. they've won like 7 of 8 or something like that. hotter than we are. and they're at home...

2 pt favs means we'd be a 1 pt fav on a neutral site.

skyhawk
12-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Ravens might be poised to take over the division.

The have a great D too and a running game.

GreggyDigital
12-08-2008, 11:28 PM

Steelers might be poised to take it, too.

Would you really want to be Flacco facing this defense with the way we've been playing?

Remember, back when we played them the first time, we were without Casey Hampton and they enjoyed a little running space. With him, we can leave our safeties off the line and really make them one dimensional.

stlrz d
12-08-2008, 11:35 PM

Would you really want to be Flacco facing this defense with the way we've been playing?

Remember, back when we played them the first time, we were without Casey Hampton and they enjoyed a little running space. With him, we can leave our safeties off the line and really make them one dimensional.

I forgot about that...now I feel a little bit better about this one!

Steeler Shades
12-08-2008, 11:43 PM
It is going to be a tough game. 8)

Steelers #1 overall Defense
Ratbirds #2

How did our offense look against the following defenses?
Eagles (#5)
Redskins (#6)
Giants (#7)
Cowgirls (#9)

Ratbirds # 19 overall offense
Steelers # 26

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

AngryAsian
12-08-2008, 11:54 PM

Ratbirds #2

Eagles (#5)
Redskins (#6)
Giants (#7)
Cowgirls (#9)

Steelers # 26

3-2 against all those elite defenses? Not too shabby for a 26th ranked offense. I'm sure it helps when our secondary have been ballhawks and our LBs just flat out keep forcing turnovers. This should be close and ugly. Hopefully no bounties have issued.

Ballbuster
12-08-2008, 11:59 PM
"Disrespectful"

Like Moss said Miami was "disrespectful" for playing him man coverage?

That's an obnoxious term for losers.

The spread along with Suggs' and Lewis' comments should be plastered all over the Steelers locker rooms.

flippy
12-09-2008, 05:39 AM

Ratbirds #2

Eagles (#5)
Redskins (#6)
Giants (#7)
Cowgirls (#9)

Steelers # 26

No wonder we're the #26 Offense. We're playing all the good defenses.

RKSteel
12-09-2008, 11:00 AM
If I was Tomlin, I'd play the Belicheck "no respect" card. Steelers are the 2nd best team in the AFC, already beat the Ratbirds have the #1 D and they are underdogs.

This game's gonna be good.

:ratsuck

:tt1 HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO! :tt1

steelblood
12-09-2008, 01:04 PM

Ratbirds #2

Eagles (#5)
Redskins (#6)
Giants (#7)
Cowgirls (#9)

Steelers # 26

3-2 against all those elite defenses? Not too shabby for a 26th ranked offense. I'm sure it helps when our secondary have been ballhawks and our LBs just flat out keep forcing turnovers. This should be close and ugly. Hopefully no bounties have issued.

To be fair, our 26th ranked offense wouldn't have had a shot in those games without our defense. We played offensive offense against many of those teams.

steelblood
12-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow. After we play the rats and Titans, we will have played 7 of 15 games against top ten defenses.

Steeler Shades
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
If I was Tomlin, I'd play the Belicheck "no respect" card. Steelers are the 2nd best team in the AFC, already beat the Ratbirds have the #1 D and they are underdogs.

This game's gonna be good.
I think the Steeler players know why they are the dogs in this game and its not because of the defense or the Ratbirds having home field advantage. I don't think the respect card will help the defense, do you think it will help the offense? 8)

Iron Shiek
12-09-2008, 02:25 PM

I forgot about that...now I feel a little bit better about this one!

Tomlin was on his weekly spot on Sirius NFL Radio and mentioned that in the last game they had fully game planned for McGahee only and McLain kind of surprised them. Thats why they had some success according to him. They are definitely prepared for the two prong attack this time.

Lebsteel
12-09-2008, 04:39 PM

Ratbirds #2

Eagles (#5)
Redskins (#6)
Giants (#7)
Cowgirls (#9)

Steelers # 26

Good point Flippy. What if our offense had went up against the #20-25 ranked defenses instead? I'm sure our offensive numbers would be much better and so our #26 ranked offense would be ranked maybe in the top 15.

flippy
12-09-2008, 04:41 PM

Ratbirds #2

Eagles (#5)
Redskins (#6)
Giants (#7)
Cowgirls (#9)

Steelers # 26

Good point Flippy. What if our offense had went up against the #20-25 ranked defenses instead? I'm sure our offensive numbers would be much better and so our #26 ranked offense would be ranked maybe in the top 15.

at least we should be the best prepared team there is going into the playoffs.

and i'm hoping that BA is keeping our offense somewhat vanilla and going to show some new things in 5 weeks that no one's seen yet.

Steeler Shades
12-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Just to play devils advocate; Is it possible that those defenses got to the top of the ratings because they played against our offense? Perhaps if they had played against stronger offenses they wouldn't be so highly rated. Just saying...... 8)

AngryAsian
12-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Just to play devils advocate; Is it possible that those defenses got to the top of the ratings because they played against our offense? Perhaps if they had played against stronger offenses they wouldn't be so highly rated. Just saying...... 8)

You know me not to be a pessimist but I don't think our offense plays with enough consistency to merit a top rating. We have the pieces, and at times those pieces are in alinement but not the case this past Sunday. Good teams find a way to win regardless of miscues or ineffective offensive plays. Defensively we have to hand Dallas some kudos for showing up and playing extremely stout in the trenches forcing Ben to be Captain improvisation. Now let's see what we can muster against the Ravens.

Lebsteel
12-09-2008, 08:19 PM

Shades, what did you say? Your sig makes it nearly impossible to focus on what you wrote...sorry...oh, ok...I got it, yea, that is a possib....dang, forget, I don't care what you write, just keep posting.... :shock:

skyhawk
12-09-2008, 08:42 PM

Ratbirds #2

Eagles (#5)
Redskins (#6)
Giants (#7)
Cowgirls (#9)

Steelers # 26

at least we should be the best prepared team there is going into the playoffs.

and i'm hoping that BA is keeping our offense somewhat vanilla and going to show some new things in 5 weeks that no one's seen yet.

LMAO!!! :HeadBanger

Steeler Shades
12-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Your sig makes it nearly impossible to focus on what you wrote...sorry...oh, ok...I got it, yea, that is a possib....dang, forget, I don't care what you write, just keep posting.... :shock:
Everybody contributes something in this forum and I am glad you are enjoying my "posts". Nave you noticed that I've also typed some words? 8)