PDA

View Full Version : A Playoff Scenario Question

Jooser
12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Let's say we beat the Rats next Sunday, but they still get in as a Wildcard. If we would play them again at home in the playoffs, can we beat them a third time? I know that this prospect is a long way off, and it's one game at a time, but this would be troubling scenario to me. Thoughts?

Ballbuster
12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
The Steelers beat the stains 3 times one year - maybe 4 times, I don't remember if we played them in the preseason that year.

tomiesteel08
12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Let's say we beat the Rats next Sunday, but they still get in as a Wildcard. If we would play them again at home in the playoffs, can we beat them a third time? I know that this prospect is a long way off, and it's one game at a time, but this would be troubling scenario to me. Thoughts?

No matter how you look at it one or two of our playoff games will be against teams we would have played already. Titans, pats ,colts, and Ravens. We will have to play the felons again unless they lose in the first round. They would most likely play the pats jets fins or broncos and I don't see any of them beating the ravens and since they will be the lowest seed because they lost to the colts We will end up playing them again in the 2nd round. Like it our not they are going to be a tuff out on the road to tampa

Jooser
12-08-2008, 06:49 PM
I remember that, but we were a mediocre team then and so was Cleveland. Now, we're talking about two good teams with dominant defenses and anything could happen. We also were lucky to beat the Stains in that playoff game if I remember correctly it was a pretty hairy win.

Steeler Shades
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't think any team wants to play another 3 times in one season. That said, if we win next week and have to play them again in the playoffs, we'll definitely have the advantage IMHO. Two wins this season, playing them at home with an additional week of rest is about all we can ask for. Plus their offense isn't so great, so we probably won't need to depend on ours to put up many points. 8)