PDA

View Full Version : What if.....?

Steeler Shades
12-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Deshea doesn't make the pick 6? Do we win yesterday or lose in OT?
Ben (and the offense) was improving in the last 8 minutes, but I'm not sure that yesterdays game ends in our favor without a Defensive score. 8)

California-Steel
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
You sig distracted me from the topic. Sorry :)

Jigawatts
12-08-2008, 04:52 PM
If Deshea doesn't make the pick, the D still holds, the offense gets the ball back and leads
the team to overtime.

If the Cowboys win the toss - Defense holds again. We get the ball back and the offense
does just enough to give Reed a shot.

If the Steelers win the toss - If Russell has a good return, again, the offense does just
enough to give Reed a shot. If we start off with bad field position. I don't know, could
be a long overtime.

If the Steelers win the toss (Scenerio 2) - We defer to the Cowboys and the defense
wins the game. :wink:

papillon
12-08-2008, 04:55 PM
If Deshea doesn't make the pick, the D still holds, the offense gets the ball back and leads
the team to overtime.

If the Cowboys win the toss - Defense holds again. We get the ball back and the offense

If the Steelers win the toss - If Russell has a good return, again, the offense does just
enough to give Reed a shot. If we start off with bad field position. I don't know, could
be a long overtime.

If the Steelers win the toss (Scenerio 2) - We defer to the Cowboys and the defense

If you won the toss would you take the ball or the wind? I would have taken the wind and let the #1 defense get a stop. But, hey, that's just me, the wind was a huge factor in the second half. All the points were scored with the wind.

Pappy

papillon
12-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Deshea doesn't make the pick 6? Do we win yesterday or lose in OT?
Ben (and the offense) was improving in the last 8 minutes, but I'm not sure that yesterdays game ends in our favor without a Defensive score. 8)

Well, in overtime I'd check out the under tit and then after winning the toss I'd take the shorts off, I mean take the wind and let the Cowboys try and deal with her legs, ah, ah, I mean deal with the wind. :tt2

The wind was the key in the second half.

Pappy

SidSmythe
12-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Someone actually answered this questions.

I guess the only real answer could be " I don't know" or " I got distracted by your sig"

Jigawatts
12-08-2008, 05:07 PM
the team to overtime.

be a long overtime.

If you won the toss would you take the ball or the wind? I would have taken the wind and let the #1 defense get a stop. But, hey, that's just me, the wind was a huge factor in the second half. All the points were scored with the wind.

Pappy

Take the ball. If we don't score then that great D is going to have to make another stop.

papillon
12-08-2008, 05:12 PM
the team to overtime.

be a long overtime.

Pappy

Take the ball. If we don't score then that great D is going to have to make another stop.

Neither team could move it into the wind. Why would the OT be any different. Either way you're probably asking your defense for one more stop; I'd rahter the Cowboys be battling the wind, it's almost a guaranteed three and out and a punt into the wind.

Pappy

Steeler Shades
12-08-2008, 05:23 PM
My bad. Hopefully the following picture will help all of us stay focused on the Steelers. 8)

Jigawatts
12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Neither team could move it into the wind. Why would the OT be any different. Either way you're probably asking your defense for one more stop; I'd rahter the Cowboys be battling the wind, it's almost a guaranteed three and out and a punt into the wind.

Pappy

Anything can happen. Maybe Russell runs it back. Maybe by some divine intervention
our running game gets going and the wind is a non-factor. I just don't think it's wise
to give up the ball in sudden death.

papillon
12-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Pappy

Anything can happen. Maybe Russell runs it back. Maybe by some divine intervention
our running game gets going and the wind is a non-factor. I just don't think it's wise
to give up the ball in sudden death.

Under normal conditions I'm with ya 100%. Yesterday it was obvious that the wind had a dramatic effect on the offenses, plus, I trust our defense to do the right thing. :Beer

Pappy

papillon
12-08-2008, 05:43 PM
My bad. Hopefully the following picture will help all of us stay focused on the Steelers. 8)

Ban Him
Ban Him

:tt2

Pappy

Jigawatts
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM

Ban Him
Ban Him

Pappy

Delete his posts then ban him. :lol:

SteelerOfDeVille
12-08-2008, 06:02 PM
the team to overtime.

be a long overtime.

Pappy
that likely determines who wins...

Steeler Shades
12-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Ban Him
Ban Him

PappyDelete his posts then ban him. :lol:
Must have been a typo. Please accept the following picture with my sincere apologies. 8)