PDA

View Full Version : Is this steelers.com???

agdci981
12-08-2008, 04:35 PM
You would think so with the way topics are banned around here. :roll: I mean, seriously....most heavily trafficked topic gets locked. Man up a little and let people talk. Geeeeez. Guess some people just enjoy the power they have over a ****ing internet message board...LOL!

Ballbuster
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
TribLive in training.

feltdizz
12-08-2008, 04:50 PM
You would think so with the way topics are banned around here. :roll: I mean, seriously....most heavily trafficked topic gets locked. Man up a little and let people talk. Geeeeez. Guess some people just enjoy the power they have over a ****ing internet message board...LOL!

I haven't witnessed any of the deletions or banned topics but there definitely is a "big brother" type vibe with the number of threads warning about warnings LOL!

but they do have :Boobs

papillon
12-08-2008, 04:53 PM

which have been locked up? Just curious...

Pappy

agdci981
12-08-2008, 04:58 PM

Pappy
Anything mentioning the Trib. I mean I dont really care to even discuss it but I dont understand why they just lock them cause they dont wanna read them.

Then they just locked the thread in which there was some decent debate going on about top defenses playing top offenses and the result of those meetings.

I mean every thread has some mod jumping in warning everyone about the rules constantly. This is a discussion board. Can't we discuss without the mods jumping in every topic tellins us the rules?

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 05:05 PM
agreed

agdci981
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh and also....I think this is a good board...just dont ruin it with censorship.

phillyesq
12-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Pappy

I was wondering that myself. I've posted over here pretty frequently for about 6 months or so now, and I've yet to encounter a problem with threads getting locked and/or deleted.

papillon
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Pappy

I was wondering that myself. I've posted over here pretty frequently for about 6 months or so now, and I've yet to encounter a problem with threads getting locked and/or deleted.

The one started by TomieSteel with 10-3 same as 28-3 or something like that has been locked. The last 5 or 6 posts were Rickt and MrP getting a little testy with each other and the thread was locked. Just look for the lock out in the left hand column in the thread listing.

Pappy

SteelTorch
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I see only one locked topic. And that was locked due to personal attacks being thrown out by some of the posters.

EDIT: most others were locked were mostly due to the Trib board discussions that had no relevance to this forum.

feltdizz
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM

Pappy
Anything mentioning the Trib. I mean I dont really care to even discuss it but I dont understand why they just lock them cause they dont wanna read them.

Then they just locked the thread in which there was some decent debate going on about top defenses playing top offenses and the result of those meetings.

I mean every thread has some mod jumping in warning everyone about the rules constantly. This is a discussion board. Can't we discuss without the mods jumping in every topic tellins us the rules?

plenty of people have come over here from the Trib...
some were members but rarely posted.. that would be me...

This board was probably made out of frustration of the Trib trolls and bitter personal fights that hi-jacked threads...

To keep bringing up the old board like going into a Burger King and pulling out some McDonald french fries and comparing them...

feltdizz
12-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Pappy

The one started by TomieSteel with 10-3 same as 28-3 or something like that has been locked. The last 5 or 6 posts were Rickt and MrP getting a little testy with each other and the thread was locked. Just look for the lock out in the left hand column in the thread listing.

Pappy

Well I hope we can still debate or argue without a thread getting locked..

I like Rick even though he is delusional.. I really believe he does still think he is right about our team going 8- :wink:

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Pappy

Pappy

Well I hope we can still debate or argue without a thread getting locked..

I like Rick even though he is delusional.. I really believe he does still think he is right about our team going 8- :wink:

The problem (at least as it appeared to me) was that they really weren't debating football and ended up being a $hitfest vs. one another with dudes posting myspace links and dudes saying put a shirt on...doesn't seem very conducive to "football" debate.

:2c -$.18

Jooser
12-08-2008, 05:46 PM
The mods are doing what they said they were going to do, and that's keep this board civil. If anyone doesn't like the way the board is run, then there are plenty of other Steelers forums out there. There's been more strife on this board the last week than any I've seen in the last five months. The Trib board closes and many of those people end up here, coincidence? you decide, but it's getting old. I am here to talk football not to worry about what the mods are doing or to disrespect other posters. As Asian posted in his sticky about the rules, they're gonna be enforced and that's the way it should be. Don't like it, go start a forum on your own and run it how you will. I for one, like how this board has been run over the 5 or so months I've been here.

agdci981
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
The mods are doing what they said they were going to do, and that's keep this board civil. If anyone doesn't like the way the board is run, then there are plenty of other Steelers forums out there. There's been more strife on this board the last week than any I've seen in the last five months. The Trib board closes and many of those people end up here, coincidence? you decide, but it's getting old. I am here to talk football not to worry about what the mods are doing or to disrespect other posters. As Asian posted in his sticky about the rules, they're gonna be enforced and that's the way it should be. Don't like it, go start a forum on your own and run it how you will. I for one, like how this board has been run over the 5 or so months I've been here.
I havent seen you talking much football. This seems to be about all I ever see you and alot of the mods ever posting.

Jooser
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
LOL, you make my case for me....

GO STEELERS! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

NC Steeler Fan
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Hey, um, Scooter, get a clue... 8)

snarky
12-08-2008, 06:16 PM
In before thread lock.

Ballbuster
12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
What are the forum rules here?

AngryAsian
12-08-2008, 06:31 PM
I guess we have to spell things out for some people.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442)

The above noted link highlights the code of conduct. The repetitive TRIB topics were locked NOT BECAUSE OF CONTENT, but because certain posters in that posted on those threads used the threads not to talk about things like rational adults. They used their posts as a platform to rehash or renew or re-establish an air of aggressive behavior that has nothing to do with football or even the closing of the Trib board. If hurling insults to posters who one might find irritating was an acceptable form of behavior on the Trib, it has not nor will it ever be here. The administration could care less if one chooses to be hypercritical about the team or certain facets of the organization... even he chimed in to how horrific our offense and offensive line played yesterday. This board is not about censorship.

What it is about, is rational debate and discussion, at times serious and heated, periodically light and comedic, but most assuredly RESPECTFUL towards others. When the Trib closed down, poster old and new from the Trib sent PMs to several of the MODS with warnings about certain posters who might come here to continue an agenda far from discussing the Pittsburgh Steelers and more about fostering antagonism via insults, name calling and veiled threats. This has never been a part of PlanetSteelers nor will it ever be. If individuals like a more aggressive arena (like the old Trib) to "discuss" their topics, there are plenty of other Steeler message boards out there that might merit their consideration for home.

So this post goes out to everyone. The administration refused to listen to possibly some skewed opinions by others and decided to welcome one and all and offer them a home within our amicable community, free of bias and give all the opportunity to make a fresh start. We are all Steeler fans, and being so, means we are all a little fanatical about our views of the team, FO and organization. So it is with great understanding that occasionally misunderstandings will happen and discussion may get heated, but to have thread topics degrade into the flame wars that the Trib board was so famous for, is uncalled for and are not welcomed here. Being Steeler fans mean that we have an above-average football acumen and having this raised awareness, we are all expected not only to carry intelligent conversations, free of insults and abhorrent behavior, but to have a higher awareness about other peoples boundaries and tolerances.

Once again and for the last time, this board will not tolerate insults, name calling, extremist language and veiled threats in any of the threads. Argue and banter all you want, but this type of behavior is not only ineffective communication but far from having a place in intelligent debate and discussion.

AG, you've been extremely vocal about the MODS on here, I urge you to read carefully the linked thread. It will give you all you need to know about what our goal is with this board. Your perception of powerplays and abused privilege has no merit. The below dialogue is from our CODE OF CONDUCT. Trust me in that several of the guidelines were violated and that is the reason for the locked threads. And in the future if you have an issue with how things are being ran, please address your concerns via PMs. Those are the proper channels. Thank you.

Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Planet Steelers community at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account due to:

o Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, coach or player.

o Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.

o Any communication that contains spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas).

o Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.

o Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.

Jooser
12-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks A, I was just about to post that very thing. The Code of Conduct is also the very first topic listed under the Forum tab.

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Why don't the mods ban posters that threaten to "come to my door and skin me". Hmmm... last time I checked that was a threat. You wouldn't know though, you were too busy locking the thread. Get a clue, I like the posters on this board, and have nothing against rick, but for him to say that..... how does he not get banned for that????

Ballbuster
12-08-2008, 06:41 PM
rickt is untouchable.

Steeler Shades
12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
...The administration could care less if one chooses to be hypercritical about the team or certain facets of the organization... even he chimed in to how horrific our offense and offensive line played yesterday. This board is not about censorship....

...The administration refused to listen to possibly some skewed opinions by others and decided to welcome one and all and offer them a home within our amicable community, free of bias and give all the opportunity to make a fresh start....
As a former member of the Trib that was given a "second chance" on this board, I appreciate what the Admin and Mods of the board are attempting to accomplish with this site. If locking / deleting threads and posts is the only way to avoid the flame wars of the Trib then I support those decisions 100%. It is very difficult for me to understand why or how any REASONABLE AND RATIONAL poster could get banned from this site without making a serious attempt to do so. If you don't want to be here, or just want to have flame wars, then take your act on the road and give the rest of us a break.
(rant off) 8)

Jooser
12-08-2008, 07:30 PM
...The administration could care less if one chooses to be hypercritical about the team or certain facets of the organization... even he chimed in to how horrific our offense and offensive line played yesterday. This board is not about censorship....

...The administration refused to listen to possibly some skewed opinions by others and decided to welcome one and all and offer them a home within our amicable community, free of bias and give all the opportunity to make a fresh start....
As a former member of the Trib that was given a "second chance" on this board, I appreciate what the Admin and Mods of the board are attempting to accomplish with this site. If locking / deleting threads and posts is the only way to avoid the flame wars of the Trib then I support those decisions 100%. It is very difficult for me to understand why or how any REASONABLE AND RATIONAL poster could get banned from this site without making a serious attempt to do so. If you don't want to be here, or just want to have flame wars, then take your act on the road and give the rest of us a break.
(rant off) 8)

:Agree There ya have it folks, in a nutshell. And so does she. :shock: