7 Ints
16 Passes Defended

Debo

89 Tackles
15 sacks
7 Forced Fumbles
1 Int
3 Passes Defended

Jimmy has the stats. But Troy covers more field than any player that's ever played the game.

His speed is freakish and it prevents so many plays.

On the surface it looks like Harrison easy.

But Troy prevents so many big plays from ever happening. And no stat sheet accounts totally for what he does.

Who do opposing teams worry more about?

SteelerNation1
12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Flip,
I just asked myself that question last night. Who means more to our success? I'd have to say JimmyH, but Troy was an absolute beast in that game last night.

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I think it is going to go to Harrison. It seems the media is in love with Ed Reed right now and looks like he will be finishing second. It's a shame, Troy is a lot better than Reed.

SteelerNation1
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I think it is going to go to Harrison. It seems the media is in love with Ed Reed right now and looks like he will be finishing second. It's a shame, Troy is a lot better than Reed.
IMO, its going to come down to Ware vs. Harrison

flippy
12-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I've been leaning toward Harrison.

But I think I just changed my mind.

Troy can defend so much more field than any defender in the league. He's like the Sneaky Sneaky guy from mr Deeds that's underestimated:

[youtube:1087izzh]8lYBVi3ALWA[/youtube:1087izzh]

Jigawatts
12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
I give it to Harrison. I think he scares QB's into throwing some of those balls to Troy. :lol:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-08-2008, 04:42 PM
While TP may have more intangibles, MVP awards go to numbers, not intangibles. Troy has good numbers, but JH has great numbers.

MeetJoeGreene
12-08-2008, 04:55 PM
While TP may have more intangibles, MVP awards go to numbers, not intangibles. Troy has good numbers, but JH has great numbers.

That is a good point... who does the actual voting for this? Is it sportswriters or coaches?

If writers, it is HEAVILY biased towards pure stats.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Who's gonna be DMVP?

Troy

63 tackles
7 Ints
16 Passes Defended

Debo

89 Tackles
15 sacks
7 Forced Fumbles
1 Int
3 Passes Defended

Jimmy has the stats. But Troy covers more field than any player that's ever played the game.

His speed is freakish and it prevents so many plays.

On the surface it looks like Harrison easy.

But Troy prevents so many big plays from ever happening. And no stat sheet accounts totally for what he does.

Who do opposing teams worry more about?
i wondering to myself the same thing... harrison is getting some competition from Troy...

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Its like picking between two of your kids...how can you do it!?

Co-DMVPS?

But that would make no sense when Harrison wins MVP of league and can't even win DMVP so I don't know about that... :Beer

frankthetank1
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
i cant say either one of them is more important. they are both having huge years and have made big time plays. troy did have a td taken off the board in the charger game but did he get credit for a fumble recovery? harrison did have a td taken away as well but it was a good call going by the tuck rule. i understand that is the rule (which is taken way to literally) but it has to be one of the worst rules in the nfl. you could see romo's reaction as if he fumbled the ball and it clearly slipped out of his hands. does anyone know if that is why they ruled cutler's fumble an incomplete pass in the loss to the broncos early in the season? if so than thats just another example of how that rule is bs

Jooser
12-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Its like picking between two of your kids...how can you do it!?

Co-DMVPS?

But that would make no sense when Harrison wins MVP of league and can't even win DMVP so I don't know about that... :Beer

:Agree :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

Well put Shiek, well put. I can't choose because I love 'em both so damn much. :oops:

Mel Blount's G
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Virtually impossible to rank their importance on our D. Both are having the best year of their career. And they are only two parts of the whole, mind you the strongest parts. And I think our guys realize this and thats what makes our D so strong

Ed Reed just skyrocketed his dmvp competition last night. But I agree at this point, it's deebo vs. Ware. Keep in mind ware has a slightly tweaked knee so...

pittpete
12-08-2008, 10:24 PM
7 Forced Fumbles
This is unheard of :shock: :shock:

ramblinjim
12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
:Cheers What a problem to have! Is the Defensive MVP our starting outside linebacker or our starting strong safety. I can think of worse decisions to have to make.

Notice....I'm not making a decision.