PDA

View Full Version : Home Field Advantage

Jigawatts
12-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Props to the fans for cranking up the decibels yesterday when the defense
needed to make a stand. :Clap :Clap :Clap :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

flippy
12-08-2008, 04:01 PM
That was all the tailgate from this board.

And me screaming through my tv....

SteelerNation1
12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Jig,
One of the best games I have been to @ Heinz. Ranks up there w/ Pats on Halloween in 04, and Chicago in 2005. It was LOUD!

Jigawatts
12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
That was all the tailgate from this board.

And me screaming through my tv....

I was yelling for the fans to "get loud" about as much as I was yelling for the defense
to "get that ball."

Steeler Expat
12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I think fan of the year award has been decided, if the guy is even still alive:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr154/steelperu/2dwd9ww.gif
(copied from another message board, i do not take credit for creating the gif)

Steeler Shades
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
I was yelling for the fans to "get loud" about as much as I was yelling for the defense to "get that ball."
On TV it sounded as though quite a few fans were loudly booing the offense as they went 3-16 on third downs conversions. 8)

Jigawatts
12-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I was yelling for the fans to "get loud" about as much as I was yelling for the defense to "get that ball."
On TV it sounded as though quite a few fans were loudly booing the offense as they went 3-16 on third downs conversions. 8)

Rightfully so. I call that negative reinforcement.

flippy
12-08-2008, 04:37 PM

Good point. The first time I noticed the fan noise on tv was the boo birds.

Our fans often seem to get loud after a big play. Or when we have momentum. But when things aren't going well, it does tend to be quiet.

After the 1st half, I kept thinking to myself the defense has to score.

feltdizz
12-08-2008, 04:44 PM

they put up a boo type performance..

The D was giving them golden opportunities..

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I think fan of the year award has been decided, if the guy is even still alive:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr154/steelperu/2dwd9ww.gif
(copied from another message board, i do not take credit for creating the gif)

Appparently, this guy is a vendor! From NFL.com:

PITTSBURGH - DECEMBER 07: Tom Congdon, a Pittsburgh Steelers vender, entertains the crowd by dumping ice water over himself in fifteen degree weather while the Steelers played the Dallas Cowboys on December 7, 2008 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh won the game 20-13. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2008/09000d5d80d1e5e2_gallery_600.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2008, 09:11 PM

I was at the game, and I didn't hear any booing after failed third down conversions. There was plenty of booing after more sucky punts, though. Perhaps that is the booing that you folks were hearing out in TV Land.

stlrz d
12-08-2008, 09:14 PM

I was at the game, and I didn't hear any booing after failed third down conversions. There was plenty of booing after more sucky punts, though. Perhaps that is the booing that you folks were hearing out in TV Land.

That's what I heard.

SteelerNation1
12-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Sucky punts? Huh? The Berg man averaged nearly 35 yards per kick. :shock: :shock: :shock:

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Sucky punts? Huh? The Berg man averaged nearly 35 yards per kick. :shock: :shock: :shock:

There is Continuum of Suckiness for Steeler Punters:

Sucky for Ernster < Sucky for Berger < Sucky for Sepulveda