PDA

View Full Version : As long as Big Ben doesn't...

JDSteeler
12-08-2008, 02:40 PM
...throw int's, I am not saying anything bad about him from here on out.

Yeah, he holds onto the ball too long, and takes too many sacks...

That is his game. He wants to make the BIG play. I and the rest of us
will just have to realize it and accept it.

Big Ben, Ari-fat-anus, and the Offense just have to keep doing what they
are doing....not turning the ball over!!!

Everything else will come together.

JD

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Yup. Just stay on the field long enough to give the real playmakers of the team a break...the defense. Get in field goal position a couple times, maybe chuck in a td or two here and then...but mostly just stay out of your own way in general and let the D do its thing. :tt2

steelblood
12-08-2008, 02:52 PM
That formula is not enough for a Super Bowl.

We need the offense to at least be moderately successful. A little bit of a running game would help as well.

California-Steel
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey JD we missed you during the game. We all went down to Double D's. Nice place, friendly people. Had a great time. Big Ed had best time though.

Yeah I have to agree with you. As long as Ben does not turn the ball over our D should keep us in games. This is called managing the game. That is all Ben has to do.

California-Steel
12-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Ratbird used that formula and it worked for them the year they won the Super Bowl.

feltdizz
12-08-2008, 04:55 PM

We need the offense to at least be moderately successful. A little bit of a running game would help as well.

yes it is.. cause we all know what Ben and this O is capable of on a good day.
Some days your O will not have it... and those are the days Ben used to try to do too much and throw an INT.

I would much rather he do less and not throw INT's then put up 17 points early and throw 2 INT's that give the game away.

frankthetank1
12-08-2008, 06:03 PM
the offense just has to be decent and not turn it over. this defense is definetly sb caliber. choice had a few runs i did not like, but they make stops when they have too and the get to the qb consistently. maybe if they didnt sit back in zone the cowboys might not get in the endzone at all? romo had all day to throw the ball on to's td. ben's fumble was pathetic, all he has to do is not turn the ball over and sustain a few drives from time to time and they will go deep in the post season. hopefully when kiesel gets back they will have no injuries on the defensive side and be healthy for the playoffs. thats a scary thought :Beer

Steeler Shades
12-08-2008, 06:33 PM
We may all know what the offense is capable of during a "good day", but we also know what they are capable of during a bad day. What was yesterday? What is the offense capable of if the defense ever has a bad day and needs them to pick up the slack? If the defense has a bad day (gives up 25+ points) in the playoffs, are we done?

I know what the Ratbirds did in 2000 and I sure hope that is not what we are counting on during the playoffs. 8)

SteelTorch
12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Eh, I don't know about you guys, but I want the offense from 07 back. :P Could you imagine how good we'd be then?

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Eh, I don't know about you guys, but I want the offense from 07 back. :P Could you imagine how good we'd be then?

Well heck yeah! It would be unbelievable. And that is what I expected the first four or five weeks of the year. After that point, I knew it wasn't going to happen, so stopped expecting it. Any outburst is just a bonus to me now. Helps alleviate the letdown feeling I kept getting. Not pessimistic by any means, they just can't move the ball like last year for various reasons.

With that said, they still have to figure it all out by playoff time. This thing is culminating to a fantastic finish for us, especially if the light clicks on for the offense.

Geez, can't they go watch some tape from last year and incorporate some of that stuff in. Its virtually the same personnel...for crying out loud. Did they get regress (I understand people are hobbled...)?

JDSteeler
12-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey JD we missed you during the game. We all went down to Double D's. Nice place, friendly people. Had a great time. Big Ed had best time though.

Yeah I have to agree with you. As long as Ben does not turn the ball over our D should keep us in games. This is called managing the game. That is all Ben has to do.

Yeah, me too. My friend (Cowgirl fan) and I had talked long ago about watching
this game together. I was hoping he would cancel, but it didn't happen.

Why was this...was he the Middle Linebacker for this game without me there?

He texted me today and wants to boycott High 5 because they turned their
backs on us loyal Steelers fans.

What you gonna do? High five or Double D'S?

I prefer High five, at least until next season....It's a Karma thang for me, bcuz
I'm a bit superstitious. But I will side with the majority, if we all wanna make a
move....

JD
:ratsuck :ratsuck

California-Steel
12-09-2008, 03:28 AM

I prefer High five, at least until next season....It's a Karma thang for me, bcuz
I'm a bit superstitious. But I will side with the majority, if we all wanna make a
move....

JD
The place has a nice atmosphere and all but the price for food is a bit steep. I may spend $30 - $40 at HighFive but I spent 80+ and we were being conservative. I would have to smuggle my own food in.

JDSteeler
12-09-2008, 01:10 PM
[quote="California-Steel":28okf2f6]Hey JD we missed you during the game. We all went down to Double D's. Nice place, friendly people. Had a great time. Big Ed had best time though.

move....

JD
The place has a nice atmosphere and all but the price for food is a bit steep. I may spend $30 - $40 at HighFive but I spent 80+ and we were being conservative. I would have to smuggle my own food in.[/quote:28okf2f6]

I want to go crazy in this game...sounds like this place is too upscale
for me to act like some escaped lunatic from Pittsburgh! :lol: :lol:

I'm staying at High 5, for now!

JD

ghettoscott
12-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Ratbird used that formula and it worked for them the year they won the Super Bowl.

the Bears and Grossman used it too... :?

papillon
12-09-2008, 04:46 PM

Did Faneca, a healthy Parker and a healthy Marvel Smith make that big of a difference? Why can't this offense function consistently? Would signing Faneca have put the Steelers in real cap hell?

Just curious.... :twisted:

Pappy

ROLROC
12-09-2008, 05:22 PM

Did Faneca, a healthy Parker and a healthy Marvel Smith make that big of a difference? Why can't this offense function consistently? Would signing Faneca have put the Steelers in real cap hell?

Pappy

i think our pass pro is actually improving through the course of this season. however, our running game is atrocious. kemo seems to have a problem with some of the zone blocking schemes. i have noticed him running down or across field hitting no one in particular on numerous plays. a FB in some situations would help as well (if our star RB says he runs better with one, why don't we provide with him one at times?). the passing game will open up if we can run it a bit better.

and arians, please get rid of the f'in bunch formation. i hate when we pass out of that but especially despise it when we try to run in it.

Jigawatts
12-09-2008, 05:31 PM
and arians, please get rid of the f'in bunch formation. i hate when we pass out of that but especially despise it when we try to run in it.

I hate when we line up wrong and get flagged. :roll:

papillon
12-09-2008, 05:37 PM

Pappy

i think our pass pro is actually improving through the course of this season. however, our running game is atrocious. kemo seems to have a problem with some of the zone blocking schemes. i have noticed him running down or across field hitting no one in particular on numerous plays. a FB in some situations would help as well (if our star RB says he runs better with one, why don't we provide with him one at times?). the passing game will open up if we can run it a bit better.

You hate the bunch and I hate the empty backfield, nothing like telling them you're going to pass the f**king ball. Not sure why Parker's wishes aren't granted on occasion. But, still, I can't figure out how Ben goes from having his best statistical season to this year. And, as you mentioned he isn't getting sacked as much as last year.

I guess the lack of a consistent run game is the biggest culprit. That would lead me to believe that Faneca was a bigger loss than many want to admit.

Pappy