PDA

View Full Version : So how's the Ravens D ... what to exploit?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Their deep secondary is obviously a problem (Ed Reed).

Ray Ray is getting a bit old in the tooth, but he's still sharp, can smell out a screen or play action really well.

Does it come down to quick slants to Miller and Spaeth and Ocho Sixo, while keeping Ed Reed busy with Holmes split wide? I don't think Ray Ray can get his feet in position to cover a quick slant, even if he knows what's coming.

But :wft do I know? What do you guys think, how is the Offense going to help win this game against the :ratsuck ?

Thanks!

Ezekiel 25:17
12-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I think we take a page out of the Eagles' playbook. Dink and dunk, complemented by the run game and the deep ball.

Defensively, just keep doing what we do. Blow their running game up and force Flacco to pass. Then confuse the rook with play selections that allow us to get to him.

It's gonna be a dogfight, make no mistakes. The rats are playing for their lives. If we win we seal the deal.

Get your popcorn ready!!

flippy
12-08-2008, 01:30 PM
You got me.

I didn't see much that gives me any reason to be confident in our O.

SuperSize
12-08-2008, 01:41 PM
I think we take a page out of the Eagles' playbook. Dink and dunk, complemented by the run game and the deep ball.

Defensively, just keep doing what we do. Blow their running game up and force Flacco to pass. Then confuse the rook with play selections that allow us to get to him.

It's gonna be a dogfight, make no mistakes. The rats are playing for their lives. If we win we seal the deal.

Get your popcorn ready!!

This approach has been the Steelers most successful approach this year. Control the clock in any way possible & don't turn the ball over. If the Steelers can string together some first downs, they will gain confidence, and force the Rats to start gambling. The Rats have a lot of ego on their defense, and if Pittsburgh starts to control the clock, some big play opportunities will occur as the Baltimore D starts to free lance in an effort to make a big play.

Pete

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Run the ball directly at Ray Ray!!

Steeler Shades
12-08-2008, 01:49 PM
You got me.

I didn't see much that gives me any reason to be confident in our O.
Certainly nothing yesterday would indicate that this offense can handle the Ratbirds in their stadium. 8)

RKSteel
12-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I'd like to see no-huddle offense, 3-4 WR, using quick, short passes. Get the Ravens D on their heels, then start running MM out of the formation.

I don't want to see any passes to Davis at the goal-line.

This game might be uglier than the Cowboys game.

Ezekiel 25:17
12-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Run the ball directly at Ray Ray!!

Last time we tried that it cost us our 1st round draft pick.

Steelhere10
12-08-2008, 02:16 PM
one of their weakness is they blitz a lot but rarely sack the QB. if Ben stand in the pocket they can be had with big plays.