PDA

View Full Version : Play of the game

SteelerNation1
12-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Ryan Clark chasing down Choice on the sideline after the 50 yrd screen. If he doesnt hustle and Choice scores, we go down 17-3...ballgame. Kudos RC. Great hustle

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Ryan Clark chasing down Choice on the sideline after the 50 yrd screen. If he doesnt hustle and Choice scores, we go down 17-3...ballgame. Kudos RC. Great hustle

yep, that was a great hustle play. Another player I thought that had a good game was Hampton. He was asked to do a lot yesterday. Cover the flats, drop back into coverage. He hustled on every play and actually forced a coverage sack with one of his sniffs on a screen.

NC Steeler Fan
12-08-2008, 11:57 AM
On the D side, I'd agree; although Deshea's run back for 6
was clearly a more "tangible" act.

On our offense, I'd credit Holmes and Ben both on that 40+
yard long bomb late in the game. I think that was THEE
spark the O needed to get some semblance of confidence
after being shut down (and shutting themselves down) for
so much of the game.

I missed parts of the first half, so I don't know yet what
was attempted; but I sure wish we had the luxury of "time"
to throw long early and spread the D more quickly each week.

Geezus, you'd figure that practicing against the top rated
defense in the league, our O-line would show SOME kind
of consistency from week to week....siiiiiggghhh....

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2008, 01:48 PM

I swore he stepped out of bounds back at the 35 yard line or so. I yelled that when I saw it live (sure, my vantage point from the top of the upper deck is not as good as the side judge who was right there) but even when I saw the one replay they showed of that play on the jumbotron, I was screaming for Tomlin to throw the challenge flag to no avail. :evil:

Steeler Mafia
12-08-2008, 02:08 PM

I swore he stepped out of bounds back at the 35 yard line or so. I yelled that when I saw it live (sure, my vantage point from the top of the upper deck is not as good as the side judge who was right there) but even when I saw the one replay they showed of that play on the jumbotron, I was screaming for Tomlin to throw the challenge flag to no avail. :evil:

We must have saw the same thing, as I was yelling at the TV that he had stepped out of bounds on the 35. When they showed the replay, they never showed the feet of the runner to verify if my thinking was correct. I still thought he was out.

SteelerNation1
12-08-2008, 02:25 PM

We must have saw the same thing, as I was yelling at the TV that he had stepped out of bounds on the 35. When they showed the replay, they never showed the feet of the runner to verify if my thinking was correct. I still thought he was out.
It happened so fast I wasnt sure. If he had scored a TD Coach probably drops the red laundry

Djfan
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Nate jumping up like he was Superman fired that team up. Don't know if you can call a mystery healing as the play of the game, but it all changed at that point. He gave the whole team life right there.

agdci981
12-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Yea, well he should have never broke free on that run in the first place. There were like 2 or 3 missed tackles on that play. And for those of you who were at the game....he didn't step out. They had good replay angle and he never stepped out. But yea, kudos to Clark for being able to chase him down.

steelsnis
12-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I know it's not a flashy one, but I thought a huge play in the game was Reed kicking off into the endzone after Miller's TD. That allowed the coverage to pin them back on their own 15 yd. line and that's when Deshea made the play.

SteelerNation1
12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Yea, well he should have never broke free on that run in the first place. There were like 2 or 3 missed tackles on that play. And for those of you who were at the game....he didn't step out. They had good replay angle and he never stepped out. But yea, kudos to Clark for being able to chase him down.
Who whiffed on the push tackle??? One thing that makes this D great, is its ability to tackle.

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Who whiffed on the push tackle??? One thing that makes this D great, is its ability to tackle.

Farrior whiffed.

ROLROC
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
troy as well

ROLROC
12-08-2008, 04:34 PM
santonio returning the 1-hop punt was HUGE play as well.

flippy
12-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Gotta be the 40+ yard pass to Tonio.

That got us going.

agdci981
12-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I am pretty sure it was Ike but not positive.

feltdizz
12-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I am pretty sure it was Ike but not positive.

It was Troy.. but it looked like he and another player and a blocker got mixed together so he didn't get a good push on him... Choice is a fast dude... I think he surprised our D with his speed. He was a beast at GTech... imagine if Barber played?

He would have been the better match up for us.. he is physical but slow.