PDA

View Full Version : Single High disguised as Cover 2 - Genius of LeBeau

Ezekiel 25:17
12-08-2008, 09:42 AM
This factor is what caused the interception that Deshea took to the house at the end of the Dallas game, and what has kept us one game up on the Ratbirds. Tony Romo read a Cover 2. Jason Witten read a Cover 2. Jason Garrett read a Cover 2. They adjusted, we played a Single High, Deshea jumped the route of the confused Cowboys, and six points and another win later, all the Cowboys could do was point fingers, or scratch their heads. End of the day, they got hoodwinked by one of the best hoodwinkers that this game has seen, both as a player and a coach. And this moment could be THE defining point of the season when its said and done.

This is also a microcosm of the pure genius of D.ick LeBeau...his ability to continue to confuse the most prolific passers in the game and why this team continues to look more and more like the 2005 version of the Black and Gold.

I have to laugh when I read posts about how the Dallas defense outplayed our Defense by folks who just don't know the game. They blame Romo's interceptions on his bad play, his failure to wear a long sleeve shirt, etc. The fact of the matter is that LeBeau confused the opposing QB, TE, OC, HC and everyone on the Dallas side of the field. This continues to show why he is the standardbearer of Defensive Coordinators in this league. It's also the reason why we should go deep in the playoffs.

They say you don't appreciate what you had until its gone (i.e. the Bus, gawd I miss him!). Let's appreciate D.ick LeBeau, because he's truly special.

papillon
12-08-2008, 09:51 AM
This factor is what caused the interception that Deshea took to the house at the end of the Dallas game, and what has kept us one game up on the Ratbirds. Tony Romo read a Cover 2. Jason Witten read a Cover 2. Jason Garrett read a Cover 2. They adjusted, we played a Single High, Deshea jumped the route of the confused Cowboys, and six points and another win later, all the Cowboys could do was point fingers, or scratch their heads. End of the day, they got hoodwinked by one of the best hoodwinkers that this game has seen, both as a player and a coach. And this moment could be THE defining point of the season when its said and done.

I don't know, I think Romo read the coverage correctly, but Witten didn't and that seems to be the recurring theme in all the after game comments. Lebeau may have changed it up on them, but, only one player came away with the correct read and that's never good enough.

This is also a microcosm of the pure genius of D.ick LeBeau...his ability to continue to confuse the most prolific passers in the game and why this team continues to look more and more like the 2005 version of the Black and Gold.

Romo is a September thru November quarterback. He hasn't proven that he can get anything done in December when it counts.

I have to laugh when I read posts about how the Dallas defense outplayed our Defense by folks who just don't know the game. They blame Romo's interceptions on his bad play, his failure to wear a long sleeve shirt, etc. The fact of the matter is that LeBeau confused the opposing QB, TE, OC, HC and everyone on the Dallas side of the field. This continues to show why he is the standardbearer of Defensive Coordinators in this league. It's also the reason why we should go deep in the playoffs.

I agree, no one ever gives the Steelers credit for the opposing team laying an egg when the opponent is supposed to be a "good" team. The Steeler defense handled one of the best offenses in the NFL rather well yesterday. Yea, they made some plays, but, they are a good offense and you have to expect that. Five turnovers will win most games.

They say you don't appreciate what you had until its gone (i.e. the Bus, gawd I miss him!). Let's appreciate D.ick LeBeau, because he's truly special.

Not to mention he now has the players that he can trust completely and doesn't have to try and hide deficiencies. Cheers to Lebeau! :Cheers

Pappy

Ezekiel 25:17
12-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Pap, I have a bone to pick with you. You are clearly one of the best posters. But with all of your knowledge, the one thing that you always used to bring to the table was wishing the very best to the Steelers Nation. What happened to you?

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM

Its okay, you don't have to call him D.ick...just write it normally. Because around these parts his name is officially "Bad Word" Lebeau! :lol: :Steel