PDA

View Full Version : Watching Highlights...observations

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 12:39 AM
-Troy made a huge open field tackle on Choice when he got loose early on. Nothing unusual, just very noteworthy!

-The Cowgirls only touchdown was a fluky play where he ran around like a goofball (Roethlisberger specialty :D ). You can't expect the D to cover TO for 20 seconds!

-That stupid 4th and goal where we got shut down looked an awful lot like the play that has been repeatedly been stuffed by seemingly every team we have played. WTF!!!! Change it up Arians!

-Best of all, after Deshea's INT TD, I think Tomlin could've won a gold medal in the high jump celebrating on the sideline. He was calm and collected the entire game until that point. He was very composed in the Presser as well. :tt2

frankthetank1
12-08-2008, 08:54 AM
troy was amazing yesterday, but that is nothing new. he made a few big tackles on choice and his pick was very nice as well

AngryAsian
12-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Troy is our team MVP.

frankthetank1
12-08-2008, 09:13 AM
i also thought hampton played pretty well and of course harrison. i cant believe how many forced fumbles he has in the last 2 seasons. i've said it before an i will say it again. harrison is putting together 2 seasons that i haven't seen an olb put on such a display since LT. the stop he made on choice on the 4th and inches was amazing

BURGH86STEEL
12-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Troy is our team MVP.

I think Harrison is the defensive and team MVP. He should get consideration for MVP of the leauge. Harrison should win defensive MVP of the league. Troy would probably be a close 2nd for team MVP.

Hard to believe I read some people wanted to trade Troy.

flippy
12-08-2008, 09:27 AM
-The Cowgirls only touchdown was a fluky play where he ran around like a goofball (Roethlisberger specialty :D ). You can't expect the D to cover TO for 20 seconds!

Ike had a great game. And he had TO covered well on that play. TO did a nice job of not looking or putting his hand up until the last second so Ike never saw the ball.

All CBs get beat. But when Ike gets beat it seems like he is always in position to make a play. He just doesn't have the best ball awareness or hands.

If Ike could just play the ball in the air, he'd be the best corner in the league. He's the best cover guy out there. But he just doesn't have what guys like Asante Samuels has when the ball is thrown.

papillon
12-08-2008, 10:54 AM

Ike had a great game. And he had TO covered well on that play. TO did a nice job of not looking or putting his hand up until the last second so Ike never saw the ball.

All CBs get beat. But when Ike gets beat it seems like he is always in position to make a play. He just doesn't have the best ball awareness or hands.

If Ike could just play the ball in the air, he'd be the best corner in the league. He's the best cover guy out there. But he just doesn't have what guys like Asante Samuels has when the ball is thrown.

Ike throttled TO yesterday completely. The TD was just Romo and TO making a play. Ike had him blanketed for 5 or 6 seconds just a great play by TO.

TO had 3 catches for 32 yards and a TD, that's outstanding coverage on a HOF receiver.

Pappy

Steeler Mafia
12-08-2008, 11:41 AM
-Troy made a huge open field tackle on Choice when he got loose early on. Nothing unusual, just very noteworthy!

Troy is definitly an MVP type player. I am soooooo glad to see him healthy this year. We missed him a lot last season.

Agreed! The D had those receivers shut down, but even this D cannot perform miralces as to covering someone like TO for that amount of time. By the way, I loved seeing TO on the sidelines all upset and ticked off..

-That stupid 4th and goal where we got shut down looked an awful lot like the play that has been repeatedly been stuffed by seemingly every team we have played. WTF!!!! Change it up Arians!

If you watch this play again, keep your eye on Colon. He was supposed to hit a D-lineman and then pick up the backer. However, he slips after his initial contact which allowed the backer to come free and untouched into the backfiled. Now don't think that I am defending the playcalling, because even if Colon had not slipped, I don't think the play would have gotten much more than it did. It woud have been closer to the goal line though.

-Best of all, after Deshea's INT TD, I think Tomlin could've won a gold medal in the high jump celebrating on the sideline. He was calm and collected the entire game until that point. He was very composed in the Presser as well. :tt2

Our Secondary really has stepped up since Tomlin's arrival in Pittsburgh. You don't think he jumped as high when Ike intercepted that pass meant for TO? I know I practically jumped through the ceiling after that play.

ANPSTEEL
12-08-2008, 12:02 PM

when Ike made the interception in the 1st half- the entire bar yelled - pretty much the same thing- "Ike caught the F'n ball!!!"

proudpittsburgher
12-08-2008, 12:17 PM

when Ike made the interception in the 1st half- the entire bar yelled - pretty much the same thing- "Ike caught the F'n ball!!!"

As did I. :tt2 And actually, it was a pretty good catch.

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Troy is our team MVP.

All the ninjas that you can muster cannot save you from what James Harrison is on his way to do to you for making that statement. :Steel

:D