PDA

View Full Version : Now 3 Games Will Determine.........

pirogi pete
12-07-2008, 08:41 PM
if the Steelers are any good! :Blah :Blah :Blah

While it certainly wasn't pretty, the Steelers played like they have most of the year, with a lot of determination and great character.

A lot of us have been saying all along Tomlin's molded this team into one that won't quit.

If people can't be happy with this team, I hear the Browns and Bengals are looking for a few fans!

To all the doom-and-gloomers all I can say is...... :moon

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 08:42 PM
:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

RussBII
12-07-2008, 08:42 PM
A lot of us have been saying all along Tomlin's molded this team into one that won't quit.

That's seriously been the most important facet of this team. They just don't quit.

agdci981
12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Yes, but according to some this team will still finish 10-6 or maybe it will be 11-5 now.

pirogi pete
12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Yes, but according to some this team will still finish 10-6 or maybe it will be 11-5 now.

Like I said a few days ago...........it's like a little kid who keeps drawing a new line in the sand and daring people to cross it every time someone crosses it.
:lol:

Ezekiel 25:17
12-07-2008, 08:51 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And as usual, the horse being beaten dead will be named "HC, FO and OL".

http://www.bittermancircle.com/my%20images/BeatDeadHorse.gif

pirogi pete
12-07-2008, 08:54 PM
O-line......"worst in the league" as the Steelers go 10-3. :lol:

I just can't stop laughing.

agdci981
12-07-2008, 09:01 PM

Well, I still do not believe this O-line is a good unit. I feel they are fairly below average. They look good against bad D-lines and look very bad against the better D-lines. I think the good O-lines rise to the competition rather than falter against it.

pirogi pete
12-07-2008, 09:05 PM

Well, I still do not believe this O-line is a good unit. I feel they are fairly below average. They look good against bad D-lines and look very bad against the better D-lines. I think the good O-lines rise to the competition rather than falter against it.

The mark of a good team is how they handle adversity. While the Offense didn't do well, they DID when it counted.

A win is a win no matter how you get it. Think Tomlin's brow-beating the team right now? I don't! But I know a few clowns who would be if they were the coach of this team. Then again, if they were HC, the Steelers would have long ago been out of contention........like BEFORE the 1st game.

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 09:13 PM
[quote="pirogi pete":31t8krrc]O-line......"worst in the league" as the Steelers go 10-3. :lol:

The mark of a good team is how they handle adversity. While the Offense didn't do well, they DID when it counted.

A win is a win no matter how you get it. Think Tomlin's brow-beating the team right now? I don't! But I know a few clowns who would be if they were the coach of this team. Then again, if they were HC, the Steelers would have long ago been out of contention........like BEFORE the 1st game.[/quote:31t8krrc]

Tomlin said post game that it was a "beautiful game" and that "too many people put too much emphasis on style points". He liked this game because "we stuck together, hung in there and showed we had mettle."

I agree with him.

Just win baby...style points mean nothing.

pirogi pete
12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Clone, Troll, Kool-aid drinker!

You don't know football, son! :lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Clone, Troll, Kool-aid drinker!

You don't know football, son! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

pirogi pete
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM
It really doesn't matter HOW you win. It matters IF you win.

The playoffs are about defense. It's also about taking advantage of opportunities. Your defense provides those opportunities, not the offense.

What you have to like about the 2008 Steelers is they won't quit. They might not be pretty, but they look like they believe in themselves.

It's too bad a few Steeler fans can't feel the same way.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I agree that a win is a win.

However, if we don't fix our offense, it's difficult to see us getting very far in the playoffs.
The win is beautiful, but the offense needs a lot of work.

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Not saying our D was as good as theirs was, but I'm sure lots of Ravens fans in 2000 weren't thrilled with their O either.

Ozey74
12-07-2008, 09:43 PM
It was a great win. Ugly wins are fantastic!

:Beer

BradshawsHairdresser
12-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Not saying our D was as good as theirs was, but I'm sure lots of Ravens fans in 2000 weren't thrilled with their O either.

9 times out of 10, you won't get to the Super Bowl with an offense as bad as the 2000 Ravens, even if your D is as good as theirs was.

agdci981
12-07-2008, 09:47 PM
This 2008 Steelers defense actually is better than the 2000 Ravens.

DHSF
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
No doubt the offense looked bad most of the game, but they played well enough to win. The defense kept us in this one really won the game for us. Great defenses win championships. Give Dallas credit. There defense did very well today, but the Steelers D showed us today why they are #1.

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
OH NO! It's:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5337/jangofettclonetroopersole8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

THE ATTACK OF THE CLONES!!!

:Cheers :tt2 :Beer

pittpete
12-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Playoffs are also about being able to run the ball with consistency.
That is something we need to remedy quickly