PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Game Balls: Week 13

SteelTorch
12-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Unfortunately I have to leave, which is probably a good thing. But I'll post this anyway so you guys can fill it in later.

Even though it's not over, I'll give my take:

Game Balls: Entire Defense

Lame Balls: Entire offense.

There. Have at it once the game is over. :lol:

Discipline of Steel
12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Turns out to be true...D is the game ball winner. 5 more turnovers plus the winning TD.

Ben did get the TD we needed, when we needed it. Even though he had a tough day, he didnt have a turnover. I give the O game ball to Ben.

Tony Romo gets the lame ball with 4 turnovers! How sweet that is!!!

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Offense - Nate

Defense - Troy

birtikidis
12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
i give a game ball to santonio. he did a good job on o and on st.

RussBII
12-07-2008, 08:50 PM
O: Ben, he had it when it counted. Nate, I think him popping up after the big ankle tweaking catch was a HUGE motivational factor.

D: Everyone who was in on a defensive snap today.

ST: Santonio, he's getting his wheels back as a punt returner.

DukieBoy
12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Nate, big catches and showed toughness. Nate has stepped up this year.
Troy. Enough said.
Silverback, as I'm thinking he got into Romo's head.
Santonio - big punt return and a deep ball.

Unrelated, but ironic that Bum Phillips never could kick down the door in Pgh with the old Oilers,and now his son Wade Phillips can't either.

SuperSize
12-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Santonio & Townsend...my favorite quote yesterday, from DeShea's post game interview when the reporter asked him what he was thinking when he saw the ball coming his way on the pick-six INT,"Well, first, I was thinking catch the ball."

Hear that, Ike?

Pete

buckeyehoppy
12-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Champions win games like this. Here go my game balls:

OFFENSE

I'll be awarding two on offense.

One is for Nate, for some clutch catches at the most opportune of times.

The other is for Heath for his always steady and reliable play and for scoring the TD that broke the ice.

DEFENSE

I'll be awarding two on defense as well.

One is for Farrior and his 12 tackles and assists. There's something in the water in Charlottesville and both Heath and James have brought a little of that to Pittsburgh.

The other is for Deshea and perhaps the biggest play of the year on his Pick 6 game winner.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Yet again, the game ball here goes to S'Tonio. As I have pointed out before, he was used in the PR role at tOSU with much success and if the Steelers continue to use him here, I think special things will start to happen for the Steelers.

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Santonio was huge in the second half with three big time plays. There was the bomb he caught on 3rd and long. There was the timely punt return he picked up off the bounce. And there was the catch he made inside the 5 yard line which showed great concentration to keep both feet in bounds on the play in which Ben kinda jumped over a guy that was trying to sack him on the rollout (I have no better way of trying to describe the escapability of Ben on that particular play).

There are too many defensive players to choose from...43, 92, 26, 24, 51, 90, etc.