PDA

View Full Version : 10-3 might as well be 28-3

tomiesteel08
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
The way the offense is playing

GreggyDigital
12-07-2008, 08:50 PM
10-3 might as well be 28-3

10-3 is fine for the Steelers right now. I really doubt we'll win 18 games in a row.

DHSF
12-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I think he was referring to the "hopelessness" of the cause when the Steelers were losing 10-3 to Dallas early in the 3rd quarter. Obviously he was wrong again.

SteelTorch
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I think he was referring to the "hopelessness" of the cause when the Steelers were losing 10-3 to Dallas early in the 3rd quarter. Obviously he was wrong again.
Yes and yes. Anyway, this post like two of his other threads have been reported. I didn't like this crap at the Trib board, I don't like it here.

GreggyDigital
12-07-2008, 09:05 PM

Lol. I know.

You guys just aren't accustom to my humor yet.

Greg's humor - 0
Steeler board - 1

Rickt011
12-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I agree, the O is not going to cut it come play off time playing this poorly. If Ben isn't throwing picks, we're fumbling the ball away. Today we got lucky, got the W when in all reality their D out played ours! They sacked our QB 5 times, kept us out of the EZ for most of the game. We maybe #1 on the year, but today two great D's pounded it, defensively this game was awesome.

SteelTorch
12-07-2008, 09:09 PM

Lol. I know.

Greg's humor - 0
Steeler board - 1
Props for returning to your old sig. :Clap :Boobs

agdci981
12-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I agree, the O is not going to cut it come play off time playing this poorly. If Ben isn't throwing picks, we're fumbling the ball away. Today we got lucky, got the W when in all reality their D out played ours! They sacked our QB 5 times, kept us out of the EZ for most of the game. We maybe #1 on the year, but today two great D's pounded it, defensively this game was awesome.
Their D outplayed ours? How is that? (this explanation should be comical....) :roll:

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
12-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Great TS made his way over to this board--Be prepared guys for a load of crap 30-40x per day!

Great Win tonight for the Steelers!!!!!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
12-07-2008, 09:13 PM
what happened to my sig?

GreggyDigital
12-07-2008, 09:14 PM

Did you pick us to win this game?

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 09:14 PM

No.

GreggyDigital
12-07-2008, 09:17 PM

No.

It's like I said in this other post - this guy wants to be right more than he wants us to win.

It's back peddling I've never seen.

Before the season, it's we're going to 8-8 at best. During the season, we're not beating quality opponents. After quality opponents are beat, it's we're not going to do well in the playoffs.

Posters never get to me, it's just funny.

Cue clone burns.

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Greggy Digital? Is that GregLloyd?

Who ya be?

ANYHOW:

ATTACK OF THE CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-3! HOW YA LIKE THAT?!?!?!? HUH???!?!?!

Rickt011
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM

Nope, did you see our O play against a solid D today? Our D won this game, not the O. We can't count on Deshea picking off an errant pass and taking it in for 6 every week. Until this O shows it can protect the QB and run the ball with routine holes to run through, I won't pick them to win against decent D's. They got lucky today, and if you couldn't see it. That's your problem.

GreggyDigital
12-07-2008, 09:32 PM

Lol. I know.

Greg's humor - 0
Steeler board - 1
Props for returning to your old sig. :Clap :Boobs

Ha, thanks. Took me a little while to find it.

Found it on my lab's computer. Thank God for posting at work and not, um, working.

GreggyDigital
12-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Nope

That explains why you think their defense outplayed ours.

pittpete
12-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Ben was very off the first half and looked out of sync.
He took some sacks he shouldnt have, but also avoided a few.
No O-line penalties was a positive, but the fact still remains
we cant
-get a yard on 4th down
-punt a ball more than 35 yards
-run a screen, never mind a successful one

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Lucky? You make your own breaks!

SteelTorch
12-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Ben was very off the first half and looked out of sync.
He took some sacks he shouldnt have, but also avoided a few.
No O-line penalties was a positive, but the fact still remains
we cant
-get a yard on 4th down
-punt a ball more than 35 yards
-run a screen, never mind a successful one
There was actually one O-line penalty on (who else) Willie "Large Intestine".

Rickt011
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM

Hmmm lets see,

Dal PIT
1st downs 15 13
3rd dwn eff 21% 18%
total yards 289 238
net rush 95 70
net pass 194 168
Punts 4 6
TOP 30:30 29:30

now those are not all the stats, but I'd say their D out played ours today. They turned the ball over with bad passes and 2 fumbles. You're not going to win giving the ball away like they did. The passes intercepted where not due to pressure, just bad passes by TR today. We were given 5 turnovers and we scored hardly nothing off them outside of Deshea's pick for 6. We should have been killing them, but their D shut our O down. They sacked our QB 5 times, knocked down many passes, held our RBs to 25 yards or less. We might be #1 over the year, but today our D played a great game, but Dallas's D played a better game. Both teams also had weather to deal with, windy, bone chilling cold. I wonder if TR will wonder, if only I had worn a long sleeve shirt? LoL

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 09:54 PM

Hmmm lets see,

Dal PIT
1st downs 15 13
3rd dwn eff 21% 18%
total yards 289 238
net rush 95 70
net pass 194 168
Punts 4 6

now those are not all the stats, but I'd say their D out played ours today. They turned the ball over with bad passes and 2 fumbles. You're not going to win giving the ball away like they did. The passes intercepted where not due to pressure, just bad passes by TR today. We were given 5 turnovers and we scored hardly nothing off them outside of Deshea's pick for 6. We should have been killing them, but their D shut our O down. They sacked our QB 5 times, knocked down many passes, held our RBs to 25 yards or less. We might be #1 over the year, but today our D played a great game, but Dallas's D played a better game. Both teams also had weather to deal with, windy, bone chilling cold. I wonder if TR will wonder, if only I had worn a long sleeve shirt? LoL

Steelers: 10

rick: 0

GreggyDigital
12-07-2008, 09:58 PM

Hmmm lets see,

Dal PIT
1st downs 15 13
3rd dwn eff 21% 18%
total yards 289 238
net rush 95 70
net pass 194 168
Punts 4 6

1. Thier offense is better than ours. You fail to factor that tid-bit in.
2. We held in the 4th, when the game mattered. They didn't. In all actuality, our defense SCORED the winning points and won us this game. How did theirs do in crunch time?
3. Those stats are all just a small amount better the Steelers.

Factor in 1, 2, and 3 - your postulate makes little sense to anyone to watch the game rather than read numbers on a box score.

Oviedo
12-07-2008, 09:58 PM
So I guess the view is:

We win we are lucky and the planning has nothing to do with it and the players making plays has nothing to do with it.

Other team win and they are good.

Some of the posters here have real issues and like being miserable.

SteelTorch
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
So I guess the view is:

We win we are lucky and the planning has nothing to do with it and the players making plays has nothing to do with it.

We ironically didn't really have that problem until the Trib went down. :lol:

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
So I guess the view is:

That's the issue I have. No credit is ever given to the Steelers but plenty is given to the opponent. We are "lucky" but they are "good".

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 10:01 PM

:Agree

Oviedo
12-07-2008, 10:06 PM
So I guess the view is:

That's the issue I have. No credit is ever given to the Steelers but plenty is given to the opponent. We are "lucky" but they are "good".

Bottom line Steelers 20 Cowboys 13. Like Tomlin said after the game we don't play for "style points." Wins matter and stats don't.

Rickt011
12-07-2008, 10:14 PM
I can't believe this...Can you read? Look at the box score, they out passed us, out rushed us, they outplayed us in every respect except the score. Today their D out played ours. That is not a bad thing. That is reality. This is why you get the clone tag. Because you can't fathom your team not being the best at everything. Today we won, not because we beat up a bad team, it was a hard fought defensive battle, we were down and out, many posters threw in the towel and I said it isn't over, no one else did.

You clones are so caught up on yourselves you can't see the facts. You've all been proved wrong here, when you want to talk football, talk football, but this crap of trying to say we out played Dallas today is pure rubbish. 5 turn overs were given to our O, and they scored 3 points off them, the D scored 6 off them. they got 2 turnovers and made the best out of them. Half way threw the 4th Qtr they were leading 13-3, Deshea's pick 6 turned the game around, our D won this game by making the plays when they needed to in the 4th qtr, but over all the Dallas D played a better game, they shut the O down, we couldn't run, we couldn't pass well, and they ran better and passed better then we did.

agdci981
12-07-2008, 10:17 PM
I can't believe this...Can you read? Look at the box score, they out passed us, out rushed us, they outplayed us in every respect except the score. Today their D out played ours. That is not a bad thing. That is reality. This is why you get the clone tag. Because you can't fathom your team not being the best at everything. Today we won, not because we beat up a bad team, it was a hard fought defensive battle, we were down and out, many posters threw in the towel and I said it isn't over, no one else did.

You clones are so caught up on yourselves you can't see the facts. You've all been proved wrong here, when you want to talk football, talk football, but this crap of trying to say we out played Dallas today is pure rubbish. 5 turn overs were given to our O, and they scored 3 points off them, the D scored 6 off them. they got 2 turnovers and made the best out of them. Half way threw the 4th Qtr they were leading 13-3, Deshea's pick 6 turned the game around, our D won this game by making the plays when they needed to in the 4th qtr, but over all the Dallas D played a better game, they shut the O down, we couldn't run, we couldn't pass well, and they ran better and passed better then we did.
Yea, beacuse an offense featuring their O-Line, Terrell Owens, Roy WIlliams, and Jason Witten is comparable to our offense. :roll: SHutting down their offense in comparison to shutting down the Steeler offense is something you completely ignore. Oh...and whose defense scored the winning points today?

Rickt011
12-07-2008, 10:22 PM

Yep and they're all clones....Today our team got out played defensively threw 3.5 qtrs. Our O never got on track consistently against their D. Even some of your more knowledgeable posted how bad the O was on the game thread. Now y'all need to back off and realize our team has serious problems and this time of the year is not the time to have a O that can't score TDs when in the red-zone. Their D shut our O down and took the ball away on our 3 yard line because the O couldn't score. Now you either have a short memory or you're just being a childish fool on purpose, which is it?

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
lmao

It's just like being back at the Trib.

Clones? I give you the idiot tag because you're an idiot.

Must hurt to have us at 10-3, eh? What happened to 7-9? 8-8?

Thought we couldn't beat a good team? Oh, I'm sure now NE and Dallas aren't good teams because we beat them.

Keep on moving those goalposts, and keep on getting proven wrong.

:Beer :tt2 :Beer :tt2 :Beer :tt2 :Beer :tt2 :Beer

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 10:27 PM

Yep and they're all clones....Today our team got out played defensively threw 3.5 qtrs. Our O never got on track consistently against their D. Even some of your more knowledgeable posted how bad the O was on the game thread. Now y'all need to back off and realize our team has serious problems and this time of the year is not the time to have a O that can't score TDs when in the red-zone. Their D shut our O down and took the ball away on our 3 yard line because the O couldn't score. Now you either have a short memory or you're just being a childish fool on purpose, which is it?

How bout you answer a question: Who said we didn't have problems?

WHO?

mr.pittsburgh
12-07-2008, 10:27 PM
rick was a known idiot on the trib, and is a known idiot now. Not to mention he posts pictures of himself on dating websites flexing. Can you say homo?

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 10:28 PM
rick was a known idiot on the trib, and is a known idiot now. Not to mention he posts pictures of himself on dating websites flexing. Can you say homo?

Dude, you have to be joking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GreggyDigital
12-07-2008, 10:30 PM

Lol. Are you angry?

The Steeler won, bro. Relax. It's not that serious.

But, in all seriousness, why do you refuse to look at the quality of O in respect to quality of D.

Your example is like saying holding the 2007 Pats offense to 200 yards is the same as holding the 2008 Raiders to 200 yards. Completely ignoring the talent of the offense.

Which, of course, is really silly when you think about it.

mr.pittsburgh
12-07-2008, 10:31 PM

nope, I like to see if these members post anywhere else, I found rickt's pic in some adult meetup room.

Ezekiel 25:17
12-07-2008, 10:32 PM

:Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah

Did their D shut us down or does our O suck, in which case we shut ourselved down.

You can't have it both ways, Rick. Bottom line, we scored more points than they did. Add the election of the coaching staff to go for the TD rather than the FG with 4th & goal from the 1, we score another 3 points. Thus the score should have been 23-13.

How many "lucky" wins do we have in the 10? I guarantee you'll say 10. Every week its "we can't beat a good team" or " we can't beat a solid d" or some other nonsense. Face it, Rick. We're a playoff team, with a very good chance at being a 2 seed, and from what I saw in the Giants game, could very well end up with one for the other thumb in January.

Offenses win games, Defenses win Championships.

Just enjoy the ride, man.

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 10:35 PM
[quote="mr.pittsburgh":3pkbtblc]rick was a known idiot on the trib, and is a known idiot now. Not to mention he posts pictures of himself on dating websites flexing. Can you say homo?

nope, I like to see if these members post anywhere else, I found rickt's pic in some adult meetup room.[/quote:3pkbtblc]
lmao

classic

(and good luck, Zeke)

mr.pittsburgh
12-07-2008, 10:35 PM
not even gonna post the link because rick has never done anything to me, unlike tomie.

Iron Shiek
12-07-2008, 11:05 PM

I guess we can summarize that Iron Shiek =

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgfp1111+jango-fett-clone-troopers-star-wars-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones-poster.jpg

or

http://archive.salon.com/21st/books/1998/01/src/15clones.jpg

Rickt011
12-07-2008, 11:11 PM

Yea, beacuse an offense featuring their O-Line, Terrell Owens, Roy WIlliams, and Jason Witten is comparable to our offense. :roll: SHutting down their offense in comparison to shutting down the Steeler offense is something you completely ignore. Oh...and whose defense scored the winning points today?

According to you and those who now call you friend, we don't have a powerful O now? According to you and your buddies, our O is the greatest! Can beat anyones D. That is what you've been saying the past month because we beat up some bad teams. Our OL is great, so great our RBs couldn't rush for more then 25 yards, and our QB was sacked 5 times. Today the game went our way, we got the W and that is great, but reality is we played a good team today, and they out rushed us, out passed us, out sacked us.

You can thank Tony Romo for having a bad day and throwing 3 picks, I blame that more on the weather and him being foolish and not wearing the proper clothing because he's from Wisconsin, that was stupid, probably cost them the game with those interceptions he threw. Well one went for 6, so it did cost them the game. I guess all the yards our O gets mean nothing to you?

Ben's a better QB then TR, Hines is a quality receiver, SH can burn any D. Our money players are just as good as Dallas's. Our OL isn't even remotely close to as good as theirs. But that is real life, and according to you and your friends, our OL has improved to the point they can compete with any D.

When you posters want to talk real football, you know where to find me, till then, keep talking among yourselves, maybe you'll come to terms and realize how foolish you're looking with your comments. It's ok I'm sure you've got some excuse for it all.

Better yet, just don't reply, there is nothing you can say that will surprise me 981. I know you, you don't fool me, or your new buddies, they're only talking with you because of me. Soon as something else becomes the hottest thing to do, they'll be back calling you troll and everything. Or are you going to say Ezekiel, Steeltorch, eniparadoxgma, GreggyDigital, Oviedo, mr.pittsburgh, and stlrs d, and all the Pete's are your good buddies now and have always been? Last month they called you Troll, but in your united front against me, you're one of them now? You're not too bright are you 981?

You people, I'm sorry but all I can do is laugh, you and your buddies should go to amateur night at the comedy clubs, talk some football, this is quality stuff. Dallas's O is better then our O according to you and all your buddies, that is what you're saying 981. You might want to take a step back, and a few breaths, collect your thoughts there 981, you're on the verge of losing it again. Talking yourself into your own little bighorn there general Agdci981?

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 11:17 PM
So today we won because of Tony Homo's clothing decisions?

Gotcha.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron Shiek
12-07-2008, 11:18 PM

Gotcha.

Dangit! If he only wore this, the cowgirls would've won!

http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/tony-romo-hookup-400a042607.jpg

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 11:18 PM
This is getting crazy.

And reminding me an awful lot of the reasons I hated the trib and left.

papillon
12-07-2008, 11:20 PM

Tomie,

Hopefully, you'll jump back into this thread after starting it. You give up too easy when things aren't going right for the Steelers. This year, if nothing else, should have proven to you not to give up on this group of football players. They are resilient and don't believe the game is over until the clock turns to all zeroes.

Hang in there, enjoy the ride, the Steelers are a good football team with deficiencies just like every other team in the NFL this year.

Pappy

eniparadoxgma
12-07-2008, 11:22 PM

Gotcha.

Dangit! If he only wore this, the cowgirls would've won!

http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/tony-romo-hookup-400a042607.jpg

lmao and the haters could've been proven right!!!

Damn those Steelers and their insufferable winning ways!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

agdci981
12-07-2008, 11:29 PM
According to you and those who now call you friend, we don't have a powerful O now? According to you and your buddies, our O is the greatest! Can beat anyones D. That is what you've been saying the past month because we beat up some bad teams. Our OL is great, so great our RBs couldn't rush for more then 25 yards, and our QB was sacked 5 times. Today the game went our way, we got the W and that is great, but reality is we played a good team today, and they out rushed us, out passed us, out sacked us.

You can thank Tony Romo for having a bad day and throwing 3 picks, I blame that more on the weather and him being foolish and not wearing the proper clothing because he's from Wisconsin, that was stupid, probably cost them the game with those interceptions he threw. Well one went for 6, so it did cost them the game. I guess all the yards our O gets mean nothing to you?

Ben's a better QB then TR, Hines is a quality receiver, SH can burn any D. Our money players are just as good as Dallas's. Our OL isn't even remotely close to as good as theirs. But that is real life, and according to you and your friends, our OL has improved to the point they can compete with any D.

When you posters want to talk real football, you know where to find me, till then, keep talking among yourselves, maybe you'll come to terms and realize how foolish you're looking with your comments. It's ok I'm sure you've got some excuse for it all.

Better yet, just don't reply, there is nothing you can say that will surprise me 981. I know you, you don't fool me, or your new buddies, they're only talking with you because of me. Soon as something else becomes the hottest thing to do, they'll be back calling you troll and everything. Or are you going to say Ezekiel, Steeltorch, eniparadoxgma, GreggyDigital, Oviedo, mr.pittsburgh, and stlrs d, and all the Pete's are your good buddies now and have always been? Last month they called you Troll, but in your united front against me, you're one of them now? You're not too bright are you 981?

You people, I'm sorry but all I can do is laugh, you and your buddies should go to amateur night at the comedy clubs, talk some football, this is quality stuff. Dallas's O is better then our O according to you and all your buddies, that is what you're saying 981. You might want to take a step back, and a few breaths, collect your thoughts there 981, you're on the verge of losing it again. Talking yourself into your own little bighorn there general Agdci981?
I never said our O was the greatest. In fact, I don't think our offense is even good. I think they are average to maybe even a little below average. But that doesn't mean I dont think this team can win 12-13 ball games and the Super Bowl.

Romo throwing 3 picks had nothing to do with how our defense played? Only the weather and his choice of clothing? :lol:

Please don't compare Ward and Holmes and Miller to Owens, Williams and Witten. Please, just don't do that! It really is not comparable. ANd I never said our OL can compete with any D. I actually have said that out OL plays poorly against the better defensive teams as we saw again today.

agdci981
12-07-2008, 11:33 PM
This is getting crazy.

Why is that? Because people are debating football topics. I mean heaven forbid anyone talk football on PlanetSteelers.com!

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 11:36 PM
This is getting crazy.

Why is that? Because people are debating football topics. I mean heaven forbid anyone talk football on PlanetSteelers.com!

No because it turns into a bunch of insults and fighting so the actual topic gets buried.

Also, this place was pretty doom and gloom free for a long time. Folks here discussed the team (good or bad) rationally.

Rickt011
12-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I never said our O was the greatest. In fact, I don't think our offense is even good. I think they are average to maybe even a little below average. But that doesn't mean I dont think this team can win 12-13 ball games and the Super Bowl.
Romo throwing 3 picks had nothing to do with how our defense played? Only the weather and his choice of clothing? :lol:
Please don't compare Ward and Holmes and Miller to Owens, Williams and Witten. Please, just don't do that! It really is not comparable. ANd I never said our OL can compete with any D. I actually have said that out OL plays poorly against the better defensive teams as we saw again today.
How many SBs has Dallas won with Romo, TO, Witten, Williams? Their team is no better then ours. In fact if we go by W's as you've said in another thread, then todays W proves we're the better team. :roll: 981, back tracking again? Today our D played a great game, but so did Dallas's, their D out played ours in every stat from possession to 1st downs, to even penalties. I'm sorry you can't comprehend words to understand what is written, but today Romo had a bad day, his passes sailed more then Ben's and even Ike picked him off. I hope you can understand that we got the W today, and on the game thread everyone doomed and gloomed we're going to lose, and I was the only one who said the game isn't over, we're going to pull it out. Go check it. Now when you want to talk football and not your fantasy land stuff, lets talk. But today we won, and we're lucky we did. That pick 6 by Deshea couldn't of happen at a better time. Now when I say we play a good team like Dallas I have little faith our O will do anything to help win game, they can only look great when playing teams with losing records. We have 2 more games ahead with good D's as well and I expect losses there too, but that is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. Doesn't mean I'm a troll, it means I don't have any faith in the coaches or OL to get the job done. Today was proof they got serious problems, every problem I wrote about last summer is happening. That is why the win loss record doesn't bother me, can't win them all. I give it my best shot, if it hits great, if not, no big deal. I'm not so wrapped up I worry about this crap. I laugh at it.

mr.pittsburgh
12-07-2008, 11:47 PM
How many SBs has Dallas won with Romo, TO, Witten, Williams? Their team is no better then ours. In fact if we go by W's as you've said in another thread, then todays W proves we're the better team. :roll: 981, back tracking again? Today our D played a great game, but so did Dallas's, their D out played ours in every stat from possession to 1st downs, to even penalties. I'm sorry you can comprehend words to understand what is written, but today Romo had a bad day, his passes sailed more then Ben's and even Ike picked him off. I hope you can understand that we got the W today, and on the game thread everyone doomed and gloomed we're going to lose, and I was the only one who said the game isn't over, we're going to pull it out. Go check it. Now when you want to talk football and not your fantasy land stuff, lets talk. But today we won, and we're lucky we did. That pick 6 by Deshea couldn't of happen at a better time. Now when I say we play a good team like Dallas I have little faith our O will do anything to help win game, they can only look great when playing teams with losing records. We have 2 more games ahead with good D's as well and I expect losses there too, but that is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. Doesn't mean I'm a troll, it means I don't have any faith in the coaches or OL to get the job done. Today was proof they got serious problems, every problem I wrote about last summer is happening. That is why the win loss record doesn't bother me, can win them all. I give it my best shot, if it hits great, if not, no big deal. I'm not so wrapped up I worry about this crap. I laugh at it.

Romo was off today, BUT our defense was the reason. Did you see how confused he was there ricky?? They used up 2 t.o.'s their first 3 possessions. Lebeau threw everything at him, and our defense played great.

We are 10-3 for a reason, we are a GREAT football team. We have a defense that can win the game if we just score 17 points. We are going to go far.

Iron Shiek
12-07-2008, 11:49 PM
How many SBs has Dallas won with Romo, TO, Witten, Williams? Their team is no better then ours. In fact if we go by W's as you've said in another thread, then todays W proves we're the better team. :roll: 981, back tracking again? Today our D played a great game, but so did Dallas's, their D out played ours in every stat from possession to 1st downs, to even penalties. I'm sorry you can comprehend words to understand what is written, but today Romo had a bad day, his passes sailed more then Ben's and even Ike picked him off. I hope you can understand that we got the W today, and on the game thread everyone doomed and gloomed we're going to lose, and I was the only one who said the game isn't over, we're going to pull it out. Go check it. Now when you want to talk football and not your fantasy land stuff, lets talk. But today we won, and we're lucky we did. That pick 6 by Deshea couldn't of happen at a better time. Now when I say we play a good team like Dallas I have little faith our O will do anything to help win game, they can only look great when playing teams with losing records. We have 2 more games ahead with good D's as well and I expect losses there too, but that is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. Doesn't mean I'm a troll, it means I don't have any faith in the coaches or OL to get the job done. Today was proof they got serious problems, every problem I wrote about last summer is happening. That is why the win loss record doesn't bother me, can win them all. I give it my best shot, if it hits great, if not, no big deal. I'm not so wrapped up I worry about this crap. I laugh at it.

Romo was off today, BUT our defense was the reason. Did you see how confused he was there ricky?? They used up 2 t.o.'s their first 3 possessions. Lebeau threw everything at him, and our defense played great.

We are 10-3 for a reason, we are a GREAT football team. We have a defense that can win the game if we just score 17 points. We are going to go far.

Yup. Alot of people like to use the "we beat up on all the bad teams" excuse. But doesn't Romo basically do the same thing. Nice wins over crap teams the last couple weeks, but he shat all down his leg when facing us (and the cold :roll: )

sd steel
12-07-2008, 11:50 PM
1-0

agdci981
12-07-2008, 11:58 PM
How many SBs has Dallas won with Romo, TO, Witten, Williams? Their team is no better then ours. In fact if we go by W's as you've said in another thread, then todays W proves we're the better team. :roll: 981, back tracking again? Today our D played a great game, but so did Dallas's, their D out played ours in every stat from possession to 1st downs, to even penalties. I'm sorry you can't comprehend words to understand what is written, but today Romo had a bad day, his passes sailed more then Ben's and even Ike picked him off. I hope you can understand that we got the W today, and on the game thread everyone doomed and gloomed we're going to lose, and I was the only one who said the game isn't over, we're going to pull it out. Go check it. Now when you want to talk football and not your fantasy land stuff, lets talk. But today we won, and we're lucky we did. That pick 6 by Deshea couldn't of happen at a better time. Now when I say we play a good team like Dallas I have little faith our O will do anything to help win game, they can only look great when playing teams with losing records. We have 2 more games ahead with good D's as well and I expect losses there too, but that is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. Doesn't mean I'm a troll, it means I don't have any faith in the coaches or OL to get the job done. Today was proof they got serious problems, every problem I wrote about last summer is happening. That is why the win loss record doesn't bother me, can't win them all. I give it my best shot, if it hits great, if not, no big deal. I'm not so wrapped up I worry about this crap. I laugh at it.
Offensively the Cowboys are better than the Steelers. Defensively the Steelers are far better. Therefore that defensive edge is what makes teh Steelers the superior team. So during the game while we were losing you said "we would pull it out" yet prior to the game when the score is 0-0 you say we will lose and after the game after we actually won the freakin game you said we shouldn't have. But while we are losing by 10 points is the only time you actually like this team. Hmmmm, why is that?

Rickt011
12-08-2008, 12:13 AM
[quote="mr.pittsburgh":2p0pn5q5]
Yup. Alot of people like to use the "we beat up on all the bad teams" excuse. But doesn't Romo basically do the same thing. Nice wins over crap teams the last couple weeks, but he shat all down his leg when facing us (and the cold :roll: )[/quote:2p0pn5q5]
6-1 against bad teams, and 4-2 against good teams. TR may have been confused on a few plays, happens to all QBs, even Ben, they call time because the clock is running out, for all kinds of reasons.

Every team plays their schedule, they don't get to pick and choose who they play. Not the Steelers fault they played a bunch of losers. But they won the games, so that is what is important. Today half way threw the 4th qtr all Steeler fans were crapping their pants. Me the so called bad fan/troll was the only poster saying it ain't over yet the fat lady isn't here. But that's ok, I know when I look in the mirror I'm not a hypocrite with Steeler blinders on. The Cowboys had us 13-3 with like 8 minutes to go, and they lost. Our D scored, and our O scored. TR's mistakes cost Dallas the game, and the remarks on TR's attire came from the announcers. Funny how many posters made claims of the coaches suck, we are not going anywhere with this team in the play offs, to we suck, this O sucks. Those were all posted by the friendly bunch not me. on the game thread.

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 12:16 AM
[quote="mr.pittsburgh":xb6xlgqe]
Yup. Alot of people like to use the "we beat up on all the bad teams" excuse. But doesn't Romo basically do the same thing. Nice wins over crap teams the last couple weeks, but he shat all down his leg when facing us (and the cold :roll: )
6-1 against bad teams, and 4-2 against good teams. TR may have been confused on a few plays, happens to all QBs, even Ben, they call time because the clock is running out, for all kinds of reasons.

Every team plays their schedule, they don't get to pick and choose who they play. Not the Steelers fault they played a bunch of losers. But they won the games, so that is what is important. Today half way threw the 4th qtr all Steeler fans were crapping their pants. Me the so called bad fan/troll was the only poster saying it ain't over yet the fat lady isn't here. But that's ok, I know when I look in the mirror I'm not a hypocrite with Steeler blinders on. The Cowboys had us 13-3 with like 8 minutes to go, and they lost. Our D scored, and our O scored. TR's mistakes cost Dallas the game, and the remarks on TR's attire came from the announcers. Funny how many posters made claims of the coaches suck, we are not going anywhere with this team in the play offs, to we suck, this O sucks. Those were all posted by the friendly bunch not me. on the game thread.[/quote:xb6xlgqe]

you obviously know nothing about football.....

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 12:19 AM
[quote="mr.pittsburgh":156ngqcs]

Every team plays their schedule, they don't get to pick and choose who they play. Not the Steelers fault they played a bunch of losers. But they won the games, so that is what is important. Today half way threw the 4th qtr all Steeler fans were crapping their pants. Me the so called bad fan/troll was the only poster saying it ain't over yet the fat lady isn't here. But that's ok, I know when I look in the mirror I'm not a hypocrite with Steeler blinders on. The Cowboys had us 13-3 with like 8 minutes to go, and they lost. Our D scored, and our O scored. TR's mistakes cost Dallas the game, and the remarks on TR's attire came from the announcers. Funny how many posters made claims of the coaches suck, we are not going anywhere with this team in the play offs, to we suck, this O sucks. Those were all posted by the friendly bunch not me. on the game thread.[/quote:156ngqcs]

You forgot the "bench Ben" callouts....but I get it. I just saw how people call our team out for beating up on losers, yet laud other teams like Cowboys or Cheaters who do the same thing. Schedule is what it is, a win is a win. I don't care who you play.

Rickt011
12-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Offensively the Cowboys are better than the Steelers. Defensively the Steelers are far better. Therefore that defensive edge is what makes teh Steelers the superior team. So during the game while we were losing you said "we would pull it out" yet prior to the game when the score is 0-0 you say we will lose and after the game after we actually won the freakin game you said we shouldn't have. But while we are losing by 10 points is the only time you actually like this team. Hmmmm, why is that?
Today both D's played lights out, take nothing away from either team, they both earned respect today by playing a great defensive game. Statistically Dallas's D out performed our D in every category, not by much, but enough to show they did a better job all around. Now the last 8 min we scored enough points to win, we went from 13-3 to winning it 20-13. Funny the announcers, and the people at ESPN all raved at how good the Dallas D played today in a losing effort. I guess we agree to disagree, but IMO today the Cowboys played better D all around. WE however won the game, so the spoils of winning go to our team.

I said we would lose because so far the trend we have under Tomlin, we lose against the good teams and beat the snot out of bad teams. Sorry, he's the HC, he loses to quality teams. Today we had L written all over us until Deshea's INT off Tony's errant pass and took it in for 6. In the 4th Qtr the D starting playing tougher, the O scored, the potential was there.

I'm a Steelers fan, My heart wants them to win always, but my brain tells me about the problems our team has and we're not a well balanced team, great D, mediocre O because of a bad OL. Nothing new there. I didn't say we shouldn't have, I said we got lucky and Deshea picked a pass and took it in for 6. Things went our way for a change.

I still think we're going to be beat up when we play CLE the last game and could lose the next three. These are real possibilities. I'm the Steelers #1 fan. There isn't another person alive who loves their team as much as I do. I just am not some wacko that believes if you're a fan you have to go blind to the problems the team faces. I'm a realist, I see the problems I voice them, and you friendly posters don't like it, so you start talking and then start making things up. Others chime in and before you know it, a whole conversation was made up, and I wasn't even there!

LoL I just did a search on my name and what do you know, I just came across a bunch of losers wanting to know how to combat me on their silly board, Nov 3rd 08. Funny stuff, man you guys make me laugh, got to plot and ploy how to get me, MSM, and Tommie. Pretty sad stuff.

Ballbuster
12-08-2008, 01:20 AM
LoL I just did a search on my name and what do you know, I just came across a bunch of losers wanting to know how to combat me on their silly board, Nov 3rd 08. Funny stuff, man you guys make me laugh, got to plot and ploy how to get me, MSM, and Tommie. Pretty sad stuff.

Look on the bright side, your reputation precedes you.

Chadman
12-08-2008, 01:40 AM
No need for posters to bash Rick on this topic. He made a point, and backed it up. He didn't go out to offend anyone. There are, by nature NEGATIVE & POSITIVE posters.

So long as Rick isn't offensive, and doesn't make radical, controversial statements designed to spark infighting, what's the problem?

Sure- disagree with him- but no need to bash him for this post.

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 01:50 AM
No need for posters to bash Rick on this topic. He made a point, and backed it up. He didn't go out to offend anyone. There are, by nature NEGATIVE & POSITIVE posters.

So long as Rick isn't offensive, and doesn't make radical, controversial statements designed to spark infighting, what's the problem?

please don't respond then. You are the most ridiculous one here. I remember your sorry ass from the trib board and all you did was make a mockery of it. You try to act funny by referring to yourself in the 3rd person. Well, you're not and you never have anything intelligent to say. Peace.

Chadman
12-08-2008, 01:54 AM

please don't respond then. You are the most ridiculous one here. I remember your sorry bad word from the trib board and all you did was make a mockery of it. You try to act funny by referring to yourself in the 3rd person. Well, you're not and you never have anything intelligent to say. Peace.

:wink: Sweet- at least we know where you stand.

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 01:56 AM

please don't respond then. You are the most ridiculous one here. I remember your sorry bad word from the trib board and all you did was make a mockery of it. You try to act funny by referring to yourself in the 3rd person. Well, you're not and you never have anything intelligent to say. Peace.

:wink: Sweet- at least we know where you stand.

then please don't respond to my posts, I don't like starting things with 13 year olds who think they are cool.

Ballbuster
12-08-2008, 01:57 AM
Ballbuster thinks Chadman makes lots of enemies on Planet Steelers.

kennyes
12-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Wow, how rapidly a virus can spread...

flippy
12-08-2008, 07:34 AM
I would like to call myself out as an uneducated knucklehead for believing in this team....

Flippy, you are the worst kind of fan on the planet. You don't understand football. You especially look like an idiot when you wave your hand in front of your face when Ike Taylor makes a play. What's with that stupid gesture. Act like you've been a fan before. Act like you'll witness another successful play again. Keep your head in the darn game.

And pay attention.

If FWP gains 2 yards. Rewind the game. Watch the replay. Over and over again so you can focus on each player and what they did on that exact play. Know who blocked who. And who was responsible for what. Blame someone anytime a play goes less than 4 yards. Give no credit to the other team. We're all professionals here, and it's your job to figure out who did wrong. Otherwise, you're just an idiot like everyone else who doesn't understand.

Flippy, you are not the #1 Steeler fan like I am. I am the only one who believes. And you can't read, think, tie your shoelaces, or walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. You're a mental midget. You can't even remember how to spell flippingburghers since your accident, so you've had to shorten it to flippy. You suck at math. Your mom is fat. We don't know who your dad is. And you've probably shot yourself a couple times already just like Plaxico.

Please do not respond. You are not worth it. Unless of course, you decide to become a true football fan and commit to being serious about this game that only I understand and love.

I will not respond to you either. You are beneath me. I am the greatest. I'm smart, good looking, and gosh darnit people like me. I don't have time for you or any of your friends. They are losers too. Please ask them not to respond to me until they too are all knowing.

Let's be all knowing together. Well maybe there's hope for them, but not for you. Nothing worthwhile seems to be able to penetrate into your feeble mind. You are weak. You have a small hoooooohah. You have no friends. Your wife cheats on you. You smell funny. You eat too much transfat in your fries. You have acne. Your breath stinks. And I'm just gonna stop right here because I don't have the time to list everything that's wrong with you.

Getting back to football, we're 10-3 and lucky to be. We suck, suck, suck, suck , suck, suck.

Only respond if you care to talk true football.

Let me buy you a clue, cause I know you can't afford it cause you are poor too. The only acceptable response is we suck. If you repond with anything else (and I know you will) you are a moron.

Oh and you can't handle the truth.

Loser.

frankthetank1
12-08-2008, 08:34 AM
benching ben would be so stupid. the guy is a winner. actually the most winning qb in nfl history in 5 seasons after yesterday's game!! he looked bad, but in the 2nd half he made some very good throws and did not throw an int

stlrz d
12-08-2008, 08:41 AM
I would like to call myself out as an uneducated knucklehead for believing in this team....

Flippy, you are the worst kind of fan on the planet. You don't understand football. You especially look like an idiot when you wave your hand in front of your face when Ike Taylor makes a play. What's with that stupid gesture. Act like you've been a fan before. Act like you'll witness another successful play again. Keep your head in the darn game.

And pay attention.

If FWP gains 2 yards. Rewind the game. Watch the replay. Over and over again so you can focus on each player and what they did on that exact play. Know who blocked who. And who was responsible for what. Blame someone anytime a play goes less than 4 yards. Give no credit to the other team. We're all professionals here, and it's your job to figure out who did wrong. Otherwise, you're just an idiot like everyone else who doesn't understand.

Flippy, you are not the #1 Steeler fan like I am. I am the only one who believes. And you can't read, think, tie your shoelaces, or walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. You're a mental midget. You can't even remember how to spell flippingburghers since your accident, so you've had to shorten it to flippy. You suck at math. Your mom is fat. We don't know who your dad is. And you've probably shot yourself a couple times already just like Plaxico.

Please do not respond. You are not worth it. Unless of course, you decide to become a true football fan and commit to being serious about this game that only I understand and love.

I will not respond to you either. You are beneath me. I am the greatest. I'm smart, good looking, and gosh darnit people like me. I don't have time for you or any of your friends. They are losers too. Please ask them not to respond to me until they too are all knowing.

Let's be all knowing together. Well maybe there's hope for them, but not for you. Nothing worthwhile seems to be able to penetrate into your feeble mind. You are weak. You have a small hoooooohah. You have no friends. Your wife cheats on you. You smell funny. You eat too much transfat in your fries. You have acne. Your breath stinks. And I'm just gonna stop right here because I don't have the time to list everything that's wrong with you.

Getting back to football, we're 10-3 and lucky to be. We suck, suck, suck, suck , suck, suck.

Let me buy you a clue, cause I know you can't afford it cause you are poor too. The only acceptable response is we suck. If you repond with anything else (and I know you will) you are a moron.

Loser.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oviedo
12-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Reading this you would never think the Steelers won and are 10-3. It is an amazing case study in how people view the world with some wanting to see problems everywhere.

This is a good team, a very good team. It is not a complete team or a perfect team and there is still work in progress but show me a single team in the NFL that isn't. We have the players in most every position except OL, we have coach who seems to know how to get the most out of what he has. In sum we have a winning combination.

We have 3 games left and at worse we will finish 11-5 with the toughest schedule in recent NFL history. We will be in the play offs. How is any of this bad?

stlrz d
12-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Reading this you would never think the Steelers won and are 10-3. It is an amazing case study in how people view the world with some wanting to see problems everywhere.

This is a good team, a very good team. It is not a complete team or a perfect team and there is still work in progress but show me a single team in the NFL that isn't. We have the players in most every position except OL, we have coach who seems to know how to get the most out of what he has. In sum we have a winning combination.

We have 3 games left and at worse we will finish 11-5 with the toughest schedule in recent NFL history. We will be in the play offs. How is any of this bad?

Because a doom and gloom prediction won't come true?

Oviedo
12-08-2008, 08:53 AM

True. There is always the ego issue with posters who predicted the downfall of the Steelers. Truth is if we win the Super Bowl the same posters will predict the same thing next year because they can only see negatives in anything with the Steelers.

stlrz d
12-08-2008, 08:55 AM

True. There is always the ego issue with posters who predicted the downfall of the Steelers. Truth is if we win the Super Bowl the same posters will predict the same thing next year because they can only see negatives in anything with the Steelers.

Much like the "chicken or the egg" I guess that will always be one of life's mysteries.

Chadman
12-08-2008, 08:59 AM

And pay attention.

Loser.

Ahh Flippy....great to have you here.. :tt1

agdci981
12-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Today both D's played lights out, take nothing away from either team, they both earned respect today by playing a great defensive game. Statistically Dallas's D out performed our D in every category, not by much, but enough to show they did a better job all around. Now the last 8 min we scored enough points to win, we went from 13-3 to winning it 20-13. Funny the announcers, and the people at ESPN all raved at how good the Dallas D played today in a losing effort. I guess we agree to disagree, but IMO today the Cowboys played better D all around. WE however won the game, so the spoils of winning go to our team.

I said we would lose because so far the trend we have under Tomlin, we lose against the good teams and beat the snot out of bad teams. Sorry, he's the HC, he loses to quality teams. Today we had L written all over us until Deshea's INT off Tony's errant pass and took it in for 6. In the 4th Qtr the D starting playing tougher, the O scored, the potential was there.

I'm a Steelers fan, My heart wants them to win always, but my brain tells me about the problems our team has and we're not a well balanced team, great D, mediocre O because of a bad OL. Nothing new there. I didn't say we shouldn't have, I said we got lucky and Deshea picked a pass and took it in for 6. Things went our way for a change.

I still think we're going to be beat up when we play CLE the last game and could lose the next three. These are real possibilities. I'm the Steelers #1 fan. There isn't another person alive who loves their team as much as I do. I just am not some wacko that believes if you're a fan you have to go blind to the problems the team faces. I'm a realist, I see the problems I voice them, and you friendly posters don't like it, so you start talking and then start making things up. Others chime in and before you know it, a whole conversation was made up, and I wasn't even there!

So, if one team got to play the Detroit Lions every week of the season and the other had to play he New Orleans Saints every week of the season and they both gave up very similar stats in each game, you would say they are about the same quality defensively?

You do realize the game was TIED when Townsend picked that off and ran it in, right? You make is seem like we were down 10 when that happened. It was a tie game and probably going to OT if he drops that. I wouldn't say that equates to "heading to a L" like you keep saying.

agdci981
12-08-2008, 09:04 AM

I would rather have the problems with the offense that we have right now as opposed to the problems the 2002 defense had with stopping the pass.

pirogi pete
12-08-2008, 09:07 AM

Every team plays their schedule, they don't get to pick and choose who they play. Not the Steelers fault they played a bunch of losers. But they won the games, so that is what is important. Today half way threw the 4th qtr all Steeler fans were crapping their pants. Me the so called bad fan/troll was the only poster saying it ain't over yet the fat lady isn't here. But that's ok, I know when I look in the mirror I'm not a hypocrite with Steeler blinders on. The Cowboys had us 13-3 with like 8 minutes to go, and they lost. Our D scored, and our O scored. TR's mistakes cost Dallas the game, and the remarks on TR's attire came from the announcers. Funny how many posters made claims of the coaches suck, we are not going anywhere with this team in the play offs, to we suck, this O sucks. Those were all posted by the friendly bunch not me. on the game thread.

1. BEFORE the season began you bashed Tomlin and the FO. You said Tomlin, "Wasn't a student of the game" (whatever that means) and, "...the FO didn't do a thing to upgrade the O-line"

2. BEFORE the season began you said the best the Steelers could do is 8-8

3. You bashed the RBs and O-line. Said the O-line was a bunch of scrubs. Maybe they are! But the thing about football is it's a TEAM game. Teams win or lose games, not individuals. Maybe if YOU understood more about football, you'd recognize this simple concept?

4. As the season progressed, you refused to acknowledge the slightest bit of improvement in the O-line OR Tomlin's abilities s a HC. When people would say things like, "the O-line isn't horrible, give them time to come together as a unit, enjoy the ride", you started a barrage of insults and name-calling....Kool-aid drinkers, clones, trolls, etc

5. It NEVER stopped! Even now, when the Steelers are 10-3, your butt's so painted into a corner you can't retract your stance. So you continue on with The-next-4-games-define-this-team........to The-Steelers-could-lose-the-next-3-games

Face it, RICK. The Steelers have played 13 games and won 10. They haven't always won pretty. But they've won. Tomlin may not be the student of whatever game you think, but he's guided a team with MAJOR injuries early in the season to the 2nd best record in the AFC. The O-line isn't great. But NO ONE ever said they were! But they find a way to win.

The, according to you, "inept" FO? Well, they now have the luxury of spending most of the draft taking O-linemen (maybe 1 D-lineman) because they have NO OTHER HOLES!!

Lastly, there hasn't been a week this season, even in pre-season, where you had a single good thing to say about the Steelers. Even now, as you're trying to poorly defend yourself, you talk about the "trouble" this team has. Well, I don't know about you, but I've certainly enjoyed the season so far. I've enjoyed how Tomlin's made this HIS team. How he's instilled a "can do" attitude when most teams would fold under the myriad of injuries. They might fail in the playoffs. Regardless, this team has displayed an immense amount of character throughout the season.............something YOU could have learned from them if YOU hadn't been wearing blinders all season that you accuse everyone else of wearing!

Oviedo
12-08-2008, 09:09 AM

1. BEFORE the season began you bashed Tomlin and the FO. You said Tomlin, "Wasn't a student of the game" (whatever that means) and, "...the FO didn't do a thing to upgrade the O-line"

2. BEFORE the season began you said the best the Steeler could do is 8-8

3. You bashed the RBs and O-line

4. As the season progressed, you refused to acknowledge the slightest bit of improvement in the O-line OR Tomlin's abilities s a HC. When people would say things like, "the O-line isn't horrible, give them time to come together as a unit, enjoy the ride", you started a barrage of insults and name-calling....Kool-aid drinkers, clones, trolls, etc

5. It NEVER stopped! Even now, when the Steelers are 10-3, your butt's so painted into a corner you can't retract your stance. So you continue on with The the-next-4-games-define-this-team........to The-Steelers-could-lose-the-next-3-games

Face it, RICK. The Steelers have played 13 games and won 10. They haven't always won pretty. But they've won. Tomlin may not be the student of whatever game you think, but he's guided a team with MAJOR injuries early in the season to the 2nd best record in the AFC. The O-line isn't great. But NO ONE ever said they were! But they find a way to win.

The, according to you, "inept" FO? Well, they now have the luxury of spending most of the draft taking O-linemen (maybe 1 D-lineman) because they have NO OTHER HOLES!!

Lastly, there hasn't been a week this season, even in pre-season, where you had a single good thing to say about the Steelers. Even now, as you're trying to poorly defend yourself, you talk about the "trouble" this team has. Well, I don't know about you, but I've certainly enjoyed the season so far. I've enjoyed how Tomlin's made this HIS team. How he's instilled a "can do" attitude when most teams would fold under the myriad of injuries. They might fail the playoffs. But this team has displayed an immense amount of character throughout the season.............something YOU could have learned from them if YOU hadn't been wearing blinders all season!

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

Third best record in the NFL. I'm sure there are 28-29 other teams that would love to have our "problems."

papillon
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM

The announcers didn't really claim that the Dallas D outplayed the Steelers defense. What they were saying was that for the Cowboys to win the game, the defense was the key and they were lights out. They expected the Steeler defense to throttle the Cowboys. Yes, the Dallas D outplayed the Steelers D overall, but, when it mattered most the Steelers defense made the biggest play of the day.

You treat this one as a loss because the Steelers didn't play well. Isn't playing poorly and getting a wni the sign of a good team? When they play well and win the other team sucked. This team and Mike Tomlin just can't win with you; when they win they don't win convincingly enough and when they lose, well, they just suck. I've asked LVG this question and I'm curious to how you would answer. What does Mike Tomlin have to do for you to support him? The Steelers are playing the toughest schedule in 50 years and they are 10-3 and have only been outplayed once all year.

Great defenses and medicore offesnse have won Superbowls in the past, Ravens come to mind immediately. The first two Steeler Superbowl teams of the 70s were great defensive teams while the offense was becoming great. This team is going to be battle tested come playoff time.

The Steelers will be resting starters by the time we play the Browns. Our fate in the playoffs will be determined by then and Tomlin will be resting many starters for the playoffs. There is almost no way that game will mean anything to the Steelers. Going in to yesterday's games the Steelers could have clinched with a win, a Miami loss and a Jets loss, they got 2 out of 3. It seems now a win or a Miami loss locks up a playoff spot.

We all see theproblems that the team has, but, there isn't anything that can be done about them right now, that's for the off season. You continue to harp on the o-line and by all accounts yesterday they kept Ben clean, his sacks were coverage sacks and him trying to make a play. The o-line played well in pass protection yesterday. Running the ball has become an issue and it might be the achilles heel for the Steelers this year. Arians needs to pick a back to be his feature back and let the other guy be situational.

Pappy

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 11:02 AM

The announcers didn't really claim that the Dallas D outplayed the Steelers defense. What they were saying was that for the Cowboys to win the game, the defense was the key and they were lights out. They expected the Steeler defense to throttle the Cowboys. Yes, the Dallas D outplayed the Steelers D overall, but, when it mattered most the Steelers defense made the biggest play of the day.

You treat this one as a loss because the Steelers didn't play well. Isn't playing poorly and getting a wni the sign of a good team? When they play well and win the other team sucked. This team and Mike Tomlin just can't win with you; when they win they don't win convincingly enough and when they lose, well, they just suck. I've asked LVG this question and I'm curious to how you would answer. What does Mike Tomlin have to do for you to support him? The Steelers are playing the toughest schedule in 50 years and they are 10-3 and have only been outplayed once all year.

Great defenses and medicore offesnse have won Superbowls in the past, Ravens come to mind immediately. The first two Steeler Superbowl teams of the 70s were great defensive teams while the offense was becoming great. This team is going to be battle tested come playoff time.

The Steelers will be resting starters by the time we play the Browns. Our fate in the playoffs will be determined by then and Tomlin will be resting many starters for the playoffs. There is almost no way that game will mean anything to the Steelers. Going in to yesterday's games the Steelers could have clinched with a win, a Miami loss and a Jets loss, they got 2 out of 3. It seems now a win or a Miami loss locks up a playoff spot.

We all see theproblems that the team has, but, there isn't anything that can be done about them right now, that's for the off season. You continue to harp on the o-line and by all accounts yesterday they kept Ben clean, his sacks were coverage sacks and him trying to make a play. The o-line played well in pass protection yesterday. Running the ball has become an issue and it might be the achilles heel for the Steelers this year. Arians needs to pick a back to be his feature back and let the other guy be situational.

Pappy

Pappy,

Tomlin doesn't strike me as a guy who will rest players. I wholeheartedly feel he will play the guys that are 100% and maybe a guy like Willie takes a rest, but that's it. I say Ben even gets a half.

It seems it always happens to one of the "bye week in playoff" teams where they wrap it up and have nothing to play for and sit guys then come out stale after two weeks of no real game contact. I don't want to see us go out that way. Play it out to the end.

papillon
12-08-2008, 11:18 AM

Pappy

Pappy,

Tomlin doesn't strike me as a guy who will rest players. I wholeheartedly feel he will play the guys that are 100% and maybe a guy like Willie takes a rest, but that's it. I say Ben even gets a half.

It seems it always happens to one of the "bye week in playoff" teams where they wrap it up and have nothing to play for and sit guys then come out stale after two weeks of no real game contact. I don't want to see us go out that way. Play it out to the end.

I'm fine with anyone playing that is healthy, but, if they have a nick or ding that a week off will help they need to be on the sideline cheering for their teammates. Anything more than a half for the rest of the starters would be too much in my opinion.

Of course, we're ahead of ourselves here, they have to secure a playoff spot and a first round bye before any of this plays out.

Pappy

Steeler Expat
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Google "Rickt011" and check out the first link. Then realize how futile your efforts are in replying to this toolshed.

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Google "Rickt011" and check out the first link. Then realize how futile your efforts are in replying to this toolshed.

:D :D :D

eniparadoxgma
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM

Completely disagree. Calling everyone "clones" is intentionally offensive and completely wrong in every sense of the word. I do not know of any people here that agree 100 percent about everything, nor do I know anyone (other than Flippy :) ) that is always 100 percent positive about everything the Steelers organization does.

To stereotype anyone that doesn't believe your own particular brand of BS as "kool ade drinking clones" is a sweeping negative generalization that fails to take into affect the differences between posters, and as such is a simplistic view that accomplishes nothing but divisiveness.

GreggyDigital
12-08-2008, 01:28 PM

Lol, what?

I know a total of 2 people that post on these boards. Why lump me in just because I disagree with your original argument?

I think it's funny that people who disagree with you are clones and can't possibly be correct - though, through the information provided, show just as much evidence in their favor.

You think the Steeler defense was outplayed because the box score says so. I think they weren't because of the respective talent of both offenses. One is just as good as the other, it's basically just sports banter.

Still...

Number 1 defense vs number 7 offense and number one ranked QB.

Number 9 defense vs the 26th ranked offense and the 20 something ranked QB.

Even with just those facts (leaving out more turnovers and the game winning score) should lead you to believe that is a method to my madness and not just dismiss it with "clone" insults.

tomiesteel08
12-08-2008, 01:31 PM

Lol, what?

I know a total of 2 people that post on these boards. Why lump me in just because I disagree with your original argument?

I think it's funny that people who disagree with you are clones and can't possibly be correct - though, through the information provided, show just as much evidence in their favor.

You think the Steeler defense was outplayed because the box score says so. I think they weren't because of the respective talent of both offenses. One is just as good as the other, it's basically just sports banter.

Still...

Even with just those facts (leaving out more turnovers and the game winning score) should lead you to believe that is a method to my madness and not just dismiss it with "clone" insults.

WOW for a thread that has got me reported and bashed and put under a lot of scrutiny it sure has created a huge response

GreggyDigital
12-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Lol, what?

Still...

WOW for a thread that has got me reported and bashed and put under a lot of scrutiny it sure has created a huge response

I believe it has more to do with the amount of inane posts you make as opposed to what they actually are.

flippy
12-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I do not know of any people here that agree 100 percent about everything, nor do I know anyone (other than Flippy :) ) that is always 100 percent positive about everything the Steelers organization does.

That Flippy guy is a complete moron.

Rickt011
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
[quote="Steeler Expat":2n2xf6vm]Google "Rickt011" and check out the first link. Then realize how futile your efforts are in replying to this toolshed.

:D :D :D[/quote:2n2xf6vm]Yeah works both ways...
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=56616228 (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=56616228)

Wow...you look so, so childish! LoL :loser

Hey Jeff Kreis, welcome to your nightmare. :)

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
[quote="Steeler Expat":20twkpi8]Google "Rickt011" and check out the first link. Then realize how futile your efforts are in replying to this toolshed.

:D :D :DYeah works both ways...
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=56616228 (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=56616228)

Hey Jeff Kreis, welcome to your nightmare. :)[/quote:20twkpi8]

lol, wrong again there ricky.I live in Cleveland idiot. Good try though. You think I have a myspace?? First thing, I am white. Secondly, I don't post pictures of myself on the internet. Good try though pal. I am sure there are a lot of people who call themselves "mr.pittsburgh". BTW, nice pic pal. lol. Put a freaking shirt on you moron.

Ballbuster
12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow - senseless bickering and sh;t slinging.

Just like the Trib.

eniparadoxgma
12-08-2008, 02:53 PM

Just like the Trib.

Look, this is a very serious discussion concerning the intricacies of the science of cloning as well as Tony Romo's fashion choices and their effect on the Steelers organization.

I would appreciate some solemnity. :)

Rickt011
12-08-2008, 03:00 PM
[quote="mr.pittsburgh":2ylxkvfl][quote="Steeler Expat":2ylxkvfl]Google "Rickt011" and check out the first link. Then realize how futile your efforts are in replying to this toolshed.

Hey Jeff Kreis, welcome to your nightmare. :)[/quote:2ylxkvfl]

lol, wrong again there ricky.I live in Cleveland idiot. Good try though. You think I have a myspace?? First thing, I am white. Secondly, I don't post pictures of myself on the internet. Good try though pal. I am sure there are a lot of people who call themselves "mr.pittsburgh". BTW, nice pic pal. lol. Put a freaking shirt on you moron.[/quote:2ylxkvfl]
Yeah well...MrP, it's your picture...sorry, just did a search, see what I came up with? I'll be in Cleveland later this week, lets meet. BTW, it was reunion.com and your name and information shows up every time you visit. Nice try.

Rickt011
12-08-2008, 03:14 PM

Just like the Trib.
Yeah well, BB have at it...I'm done here. these clones are all Losers, I'm being banned for using those two words! They're all clones, and losers. Now they want to invade my private life. They have no idea how bad their lives will get when I've been pushed to far. I won't talk on a football board, I'll show up at their front door. There always two ways to skin a cat. I prefer using my bare hands. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AngryAsian
12-08-2008, 03:21 PM
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442)

This thread is now locked. To all this pertains to, warnings have been sent. Please abide by the CODE OF CONDUCT. Thank you.

mr.pittsburgh
12-08-2008, 03:22 PM
[quote="mr.pittsburgh":2mmfcnia][quote="Steeler Expat":2mmfcnia]Google "Rickt011" and check out the first link. Then realize how futile your efforts are in replying to this toolshed.

Hey Jeff Kreis, welcome to your nightmare. :)

lol, wrong again there ricky.I live in Cleveland idiot. Good try though. You think I have a myspace?? First thing, I am white. Secondly, I don't post pictures of myself on the internet. Good try though pal. I am sure there are a lot of people who call themselves "mr.pittsburgh". BTW, nice pic pal. lol. Put a freaking shirt on you moron.[/quote:2mmfcnia]
Yeah well...MrP, it's your picture...sorry, just did a search, see what I came up with? I'll be in Cleveland later this week, lets meet. BTW, it was reunion.com and your name and information shows up every time you visit. Nice try.[/quote:2mmfcnia]

haha meet up?? Old man, I don't want to break your walker. And judging by your picture, you look like you will have a heart attack walking down the stairs. Go ahead, keep thinking that is me you clown. I am white, I have made that clear before you idiot. MODS, HE THREATENED TO FIGHT ME, ISN'T THAT LINES FOR BANISHMENT??? CYA RICKY, LOSER.