PDA

View Full Version : Chris Collinsworth - This years "unsung hero" segment

SidSmythe
12-07-2008, 02:02 PM
CHRIS COLLINSWORTH THIS WEEK on INSIDE THE NFL was at a roundtable w/ Warren Sapp and Phil Simms talking about Unsung heros in the NFL this year.

Simms picked some lame ones who Sapp called him out on as above the water.
Warren Sapp said the "Left tackle for the Tampa Bucs"
Collinsworth said "Ryan Clark"

Then they played the hit on Welker, said that w/ Polamalu gets all the attention but Clark is the one who allows Polamalu to "roam" around like he does.

:tt1 :tt2 :Beer :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :Beer :tt1 :Cheers :tt1 :tt2

AngryAsian
12-07-2008, 02:21 PM
IMO this has been our best FS/SS tandem since Donnie Shell and J.T. Thomas. I know a lot of people really liked the Mike Wagner and Donnie Shell combo, but with Thomas back there we had unbelievable speed at the position, since Thomas was a CB convert. But yes, being a homer... Clarke is just awesome. Wonder with somewhat of an offseason for Ed Reed, if Clarke would even have a chance at a Pro Bowl nod from the fans. Reed has 3 INTs this year two for TDs, but Clarke nearly has 3 times as many tackles then Reed this year. I would love to see both our safeties make it to the Pro Bowl this year. We already know two of our LBs will be there. :Beer :Beer :Beer

Les 74
12-07-2008, 02:34 PM
IMO this has been our best FS/SS tandem since Donnie Shell and J.T. Thomas. I know a lot of people really liked the Mike Wagner and Donnie Shell combo, but with Thomas back there we had unbelievable speed at the position, since Thomas was a CB convert. But yes, being a homer... Clarke is just awesome. Wonder with somewhat of an offseason for Ed Reed, if Clarke would even have a chance at a Pro Bowl nod from the fans. Reed has 3 INTs this year two for TDs, but Clarke nearly has 3 times as many tackles then Reed this year. I would love to see both our safeties make it to the Pro Bowl this year. We already know two of our LBs will be there. :Beer :Beer :Beer

Couldn't agree more,man.It would be a crying shame if Clark wasn't voted in.

DukieBoy
12-07-2008, 09:02 PM

I agree with you, except I'm thinking Donnie Shell and Mike Wagner. JT was an excellent corner, though.

DukieBoy
12-07-2008, 09:04 PM

I agree with you, except I'm thinking Donnie Shell and Mike Wagner. JT was an excellent corner, though.

But it's good either way. Love the current combo.

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I was always kinda partial to Carnell Lake and Darren Perry. :oops:

steelernation77
12-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Lawrence Timmons frees up Polamalu quite a bit as well. Last year Troy was responsible for covering every elite TE we faced. Timmons's coverage ability allows him to cover WRs more.

Ezekiel 25:17
12-07-2008, 09:15 PM

Much better combo was Carnell Lake and Thomas "The Hitman" Everett. :2c

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
[quote="stlrz d":hhyzjm45]I was always kinda partial to Carnell Lake and Darren Perry. :oops:

Much better combo was Carnell Lake and Thomas "The Hitman" Everett. :2c[/quote:hhyzjm45]

I really liked Perry's smarts.

dirt
12-07-2008, 09:31 PM
[quote="stlrz d":7ukof2bd]I was always kinda partial to Carnell Lake and Darren Perry. :oops:

Much better combo was Carnell Lake and Thomas "The Hitman" Everett. :2c[/quote:7ukof2bd]

i didn't think much of everett in coverage, but many could he lay the lumber.

phillyesq
12-07-2008, 09:47 PM

I really liked that combo. I also loved the Lloyd Green Kirkland and Brown LB corp with some of those teams. And the current safety tandem and LB corp is really making it difficult for me to pick a favorite with either group.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-08-2008, 12:12 AM
.......if Clarke would even have a chance at a Pro Bowl nod from the fans. Reed has 3 INTs this year two for TDs, but Clarke nearly has 3 times as many tackles then Reed this year. I would love to see both our safeties make it to the Pro Bowl this year.

RC will not make the PB. A lot of the PB vote is an old boys network - you really have to do something special to knock out the incumbents. Think of it as payback for Troy making the PB last year.

ikestops85
12-08-2008, 12:42 PM
While I agree with Collinsworth's selection he is still an arse and one of the worst color commentators of all time. JMHO.

I think there are 3 players on this defense that make it go

1) Aaron Smith
2) Farrior
3) Clark

These 3 guys are the glue that holds this spectacular defense together. They allow the others to make those "splash" plays. That being said watching this game in my mind should cement James Harrison's bid for Defensive MVP. How many times in that game did he tackle the RB from behind on the other side of the field? I'm starting to wonder if the guy is human.
:tt2 :tt2

SidSmythe
12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
While I agree with Collinsworth's selection he is still an arse and one of the worst color commentators of all time. JMHO.

I think there are 3 players on this defense that make it go

1) Aaron Smith
2) Farrior
3) Clark

These 3 guys are the glue that holds this spectacular defense together. They allow the others to make those "splash" plays. That being said watching this game in my mind should cement James Harrison's bid for Defensive MVP. How many times in that game did he tackle the RB from behind on the other side of the field? I'm starting to wonder if the guy is human.
:tt2 :tt2

Troy had 2 tackles like that yesterday. we know he isn't human. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
12-09-2008, 06:38 PM

No love for the Travis Davis and Lee Flowers combo? I keed, I keed

flippy
12-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Since Ryan's an unsung hero, maybe it would be appropriate for Ruthless and Jiga to write a song about him.

RuthlessBurgher
12-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Since Ryan's an unsung hero, maybe it would be appropriate for Ruthless and Jiga to write a song about him.

Ask and ye shall receive...I've added another to our list of Christmas Carols.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3456&p=43515#p43515