PDA

View Full Version : Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Ezekiel 25:17
12-06-2008, 11:21 PM
...but for us its so delightful
And since there's no love for TO
LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!

It's going to be NASTY tomorrow.

Gametime weather conditions:

23 degrees, windy with a wind chill of 8 degrees.
Plus snow. Equals a Steelers recipe for 10-3.

Let's get it POPPIN!!! :tt1 :tt1

Herewegosteelers!
12-06-2008, 11:38 PM
I just pulled out all of the stuff I'm wearing at the game tomorrow and it's a huge pile of black and gold. It'll keep me warm........but a couple of shots at the tailgate might help too :Cheers

agdci981
12-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Should be a fun game tomorrow. Both the result and the (hopefully) blizzard!

frunko1
12-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Maybe Russell will come out and show he is a mudder.

With moore, parker, and russell in our backfield, I expect us to be able to dominate time of possession in this weather.

12-07-2008, 10:36 AM
DeMarcus Ware questionable is good for us as well. Even if he goes, he'll be less than 100%, and if any of you have ever played in this type of cold, it only enhances the naggingness (I know it's not a word) of injuries. Toes hurt. Fingers hurt. Ears hurt.

Can't wait to watch it in front of the fireplace :)

Rickt011
12-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Back in the 70's the weather played a major role in the games we played. The last 10-20 years the weather has warmed some and the snow bowls and frozen tundra just haven't made it this far south. Sure the burgh gets snow, but this is December and finally we're seeing a solid snow of 1-2 inches. In the 60's it seemed like it snowed in October and didn't stop till the end of March. January and February were the coldest months, but it use to be November, and December weather that was notorious bad with 1-2 foot snows and high winds, chilly temps. The ice storms back then were much worse as well. The battles between CIN, CLE and us in the winter months were some classic games.

:lol: I remember walking to school as a kid, 2 feet of snow, uphill both ways! :lol:

AkronSteel
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Back in the 70's the weather played a major role in the games we played. The last 10-20 years the weather has warmed some and the snow bowls and frozen tundra just haven't made it this far south. Sure the burgh gets snow, but this is December and finally we're seeing a solid snow of 1-2 inches. In the 60's it seemed like it snowed in October and didn't stop till the end of March. January and February were the coldest months, but it use to be November, and December weather that was notorious bad with 1-2 foot snows and high winds, chilly temps. The ice storms back then were much worse as well. The battles between CIN, CLE and us in the winter months were some classic games.

:lol: I remember walking to school as a kid, 2 feet of snow, uphill both ways! :lol:

I agree the weather was much worse back in the day. We always had snow during November and December and it has not been that way for a long time, but....this year seems to be different! We have already witnessed 2 Steelers games in the snow this year and another one today. I think the weather will contribute to a Steelers victory today if for no other reason than the Cowpokes don't usually play in these conditions. I can't wait for this game to start. The Steelers are going to crush em today! I feel it!

12-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Watching NFL network, and the snowplows are out.

I remember living in Shaler Twp for the winter of 76-77. This is bringing back memories, believe me!!

Whatever happened to salt boxes??

Oviedo
12-07-2008, 11:36 AM

What are you talking about?

It is sunny and a cool 70 degrees outside. Oh, you mean in Pittsburgh not here in Central Florida.

Kudos to you brave few attending the game. Hopefully this will contribute to the downfall of Tony Romo.

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 11:42 AM

What are you talking about?

It is sunny and a cool 70 degrees outside. Oh, you mean in Pittsburgh not here in Central Florida.

Kudos to you brave few attending the game. Hopefully this will contribute to the downfall of Tony Romo.

Here in lovely WI it is -3 with a wind chill of -20.

I'm all for administered beatings to anyone who says "cool 70 degrees" just on principle. :evil:

Rickt011
12-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I agree the weather was much worse back in the day. We always had snow during November and December and it has not been that way for a long time, but....this year seems to be different! We have already witnessed 2 Steelers games in the snow this year and another one today. I think the weather will contribute to a Steelers victory today if for no other reason than the Cowpokes don't usually play in these conditions. I can't wait for this game to start. The Steelers are going to crush em today! I feel it!
Wasn't it like the 2nd week of Dec when the famous snow game, we beat CIN 7-6. Was back in early 70's, what a game, low scoring, but they played hard and fought it out, got the W, those early 70's teams were some of the great games heart wise.