PDA

View Full Version : BARBER STAYS IN BIG D

tomiesteel08
12-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Fortunately for Marion Barber, his pinkie toe didnít have to be reattached after being severed by a street sweeper and then transported in a Cracker Jack box by a hipster doofis who fended off a busjacking while still making all scheduled stops.

But, that said, the appendage is sufficiently injured to keep Barber from playing at Pittsburgh on Sunday.

Characterized in media reports as a game-time decision, the decision has been made; the Cowboys went to Pennsylvania without him.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Nice Seinfeld reference...hipster doofus. :lol:

It will be a rude welcome to the NFL for Tashard Choice tomorrow.

Mel Blount's G
12-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Wise move Marion, wise move. Though, you've really pissed off James Harrison since he'll have to go and find you in person to give you your required beating.

Much more important than the effects on their run game imo is them finding and picking up blitzes in their backfield. He'll have some tough choices :P :oops:

MeetJoeGreene
12-06-2008, 06:02 PM
If true, that is big!!

MeetJoeGreene
12-06-2008, 06:03 PM
If true, that is big!!

proudpittsburgher
12-06-2008, 06:11 PM
If it is indeed true (not Barber being out of the game, but not even traveling with the team) then this is the reason I am a Steeler fan. As much as we made fun of the sweatsuit-laden duce staley, at least he was on the sideline. Ben was with the team when he was out in 05 for a few games. It is part of being teammate, you are there for your team in it's biggest game of the year, and it is just that for the Cowboys. and he doesn't even travel with the team. :moon

BigLebowski
12-06-2008, 06:24 PM
If it is indeed true (not Barber being out of the game, but not even traveling with the team) then this is the reason I am a Steeler fan. As much as we made fun of the sweatsuit-laden duce staley, at least he was on the sideline. Ben was with the team when he was out in 05 for a few games. It is part of being teammate, you are there for your team in it's biggest game of the year, and it is just that for the Cowboys. and he doesn't even travel with the team. :moon

Just heard from Ed Werder on ESPN radio that it was the team's decision to leave him in Dallas because of the weather. Apparently he was overruled.

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Maybe they were worried about it being so cold that frostbite sets in, that toe becomes gangrenous, and needs to be reattached after being severed by a snow plow driven by a convict named Mark Henderson who had to clear snow for a field goal attempt as a stipulation of his work release program (and then, of course, the toe gets transported in a Cracker Jack box by a hipster doofis who fended off a busjacking while still making all scheduled stops). :lol:

stlrz d
12-06-2008, 07:08 PM
You kept making all the stops?

Well, they kept ringing the bell!

You...you're Batman.

I am Batman!

AngryAsian
12-06-2008, 07:58 PM
How effective would Barber be on our field with that toe. He's used to playing finesse ball on that astro-turf and the cozy dome. The elements as well as the slower field will hamper this team and our boys will physicality will punish them. Choice is quick shooting through gaps but being behind Felix Jones and Barber, I'm thinking that starting against the leagues number D, will not bode well for his production tomorrow.

stlrz d
12-06-2008, 08:03 PM
How effective would Barber be on our field with that toe. He's used to playing finesse ball on that astro-turf and the cozy dome. The elements as well as the slower field will hamper this team and our boys will physicality will punish them. Choice is quick shooting through gaps but being behind Felix Jones and Barber, I'm thinking that starting against the leagues number D, will not bode well for his production tomorrow.

To be honest with you, I wouldn't use that term in describing Barber.

Mick'sTeam
12-06-2008, 10:58 PM

To be honest with you, I wouldn't use that term in describing Barber.

I totally agree with you stlrz d. Barber is anything but finesse. In fact, he runs with as much power as anyone RB in the league.

RuthlessBurgher
12-07-2008, 01:56 AM

It's not exactly a dome with that stupid hole in the roof. So God can watch the Cowboys...kiss my @$$, Jerry Jones.