PDA

View Full Version : What is Schlereth's problem?

Zigs
12-05-2008, 11:39 PM
What is this guy's beef with the Steelers? I don't think I have ever heard him say a positive thing about the Steelers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

:?: :?:

Djfan
12-06-2008, 02:56 AM
He's stupid?

sd steel
12-06-2008, 03:14 AM
The worst part about it was that Mort picked them too, and he has the best record to date.

Ezekiel 25:17
12-06-2008, 03:32 AM
Reasons why Steelers win this game:

It's going to be in the low to mid 20s.
Marion Barber nor Felix Jones will play.
Romo, a roll out passer, won't be able to against this D in these conditions.
Roy Williams has a bad foot.
Terrell Owens won't be able to stretch the field under these conditions.
Terrell Owens will catch alligator arms going over the middle (see Ryan Clark/Wes Welker).
Offensive chemistry FINALLY beginning to happen.

The media has never jumped on the Steelers bandwagon. I prefer it that way. We play better, historically, with a bit of a chip on our shoulder.

sd steel
12-06-2008, 03:40 AM

Terrell Owens will catch alligator arms going over the middle (see Ryan Clark/Wes Welker).

The media has never jumped on the Steelers bandwagon. I prefer it that way. We play better, historically, with a bit of a chip on our shoulder.

Thank you for reminding me!

Ezekiel 25:17
12-06-2008, 03:42 AM
[quote="Ezekiel 25:17":1xdwkjme]Reasons why Steelers win this game:

Thank you for reminding me![/quote:1xdwkjme]

No worries! :Cheers

AngryAsian
12-06-2008, 10:22 AM

Zeke, I completely agree. I remember once posting that this team has always played better in the underdog role and another poster thought I was crazy. Look at all the AFCCG that we were favored. And then you look at 2005's romp to another Lombardi trophy. Yup, let's keep the bobble heads off our side. We don't need hype, we need that chip.

stlrz d
12-06-2008, 11:02 AM
What is this guy's beef with the Steelers? I don't think I have ever heard him say a positive thing about the Steelers.

Actually I've heard him say some good things about the Steelers. I know for a fact he's picked us to win several times this season.

I actually like Schlereth.

AngryAsian
12-06-2008, 11:13 AM

Actually I've heard him say some good things about the Steelers. I know for a fact he's picked us to win several times this season.

When Polamalu was going on about Goodell's fines on hits by the Steelers, Schlereth was extremely vocal in all the shows he was a part of both on TV and Radio... totally had Troy's back and called the NFL hypocritical about "protecting the players, and simultaneously selling DVDs of the NFL's greatest hits." I think Schlereth is one of the better Joe's out there.

stlrz d
12-06-2008, 11:16 AM

When Polamalu was going on about Goodell's fines on hits by the Steelers, Schlereth was extremely vocal in all the shows he was a part of both on TV and Radio... totally had Troy's back and called the NFL hypocritical about "protecting the players, and simultaneously selling DVDs of the NFL's greatest hits." I think Schlereth is one of the better Joe's out there.

Yes, I recall that as well.

What I like about "Stink" is that he makes a statement but backs it...he doesn't just throw things out there.

Queerbait likes him because he's so dreamy. :lol:

AngryAsian
12-06-2008, 11:19 AM
[quote=Zigs]What is this guy's beef with the Steelers? I don't think I have ever heard him say a positive thing about the Steelers.

Yes, I recall that as well.

What I like about "Stink" is that he makes a statement but backs it...he doesn't just throw things out there.

Queerbait likes him because he's so dreamy. :lol:[/quote:29ilbgy9]

LOL... its the Nutrisystem. I remember him stating that he was more than 80 lbs heavier when he was at his playing weight. Now that he's slimmed down, and forayed into acting... I guess he's deserving of QBs adoration.

Rickt011
12-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe They know what they're talking about, they only been doing their job all season, and get paid to do it. Course one sided fans all think alike. Keep telling each other what ever lies you need to, to get through the game. The real pro's know our OL is toast, they know they can exploit it. The next 3 games will tell the story, and then maybe you really super positive fans (rspf) will come to reality, maybe then you'll wake up. See this team for what it is, winning off gimmicks is not going to happen in the play offs. Good teams will be there, not these wannabe teams we seem to beat, but when it comes to the real deal, our team mails it in 2/3rds of the time.

I find it so funny that against teams with no chance of making the play offs we're 6-1. Against teams with a record today 19 -53, we're 6-1. But against teams who have a shot at the play offs we're 3-2, and they have a 47-22 record! Meaning we are 9-3 against a total record of 66 -75. Good teams beat good teams, SB teams beat every one.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

22nd against the run, 29th in pass protection, those are facts, not my web site, not my stats, I'm just the messenger on them. The gimmicks will only work against the bad teams. We only play the Stains the last game of the season, and I think we'll be so banged up, we may lose to them when we get there. That was my idea, not a fact, just an opinion.

Maybe these stats explains why they pick a team with a winning record that has a solid LOS over a team that has a better record but is starting backups to backups on it's LOS specially on O. Every announcer out there knows our weakness is the OL and they know Dallas will exploit it. They don't like us, and we don't like them. They will use anything they can, every chance they can. Tomorrow I predict the Cowboys hand us #4 loss, and hopefully Ben makes it through the game. This is going to be a battle, but our OL will cave, they have at some point against every team we played this year, but against quality competition, they falter routinely and normally lose the battle at the LOS.

The real question is, why is the AFC nose diving so bad this year? I thought parody was to give every team a chance to win and get in the playoffs. It was to stop the dynasty forming, building from the draft, like us and the Cowboys did in the 70's n 80's. Every team was suppose to go from rags to riches at some point? Parody is not making us better, we're a weaker team today then we were last year. Oh well, maybe I should just drink my juice and say things like Go, go, go, fight fight fight, win win win! Rah rah rah! :tt1
:roll:

Ozey74
12-06-2008, 01:04 PM
The worst part about it was that Mort picked them too, and he has the best record to date.

Mort also picked the Browns to go to the Super Bowl.

NKySteeler
12-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Personally, I don't care who picks us and who doesn't.... The "talking heads" have a "different flavor" of the week each and EVERY week.... When they are forced to talk about the Steelers for the last two weeks of January leading up to the Super Bowl, I'll just laugh!

flippy
12-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Maybe They know what they're talking about, they only been doing their job all season, and get paid to do it. Course one sided fans all think alike. Keep telling each other what ever lies you need to, to get through the game. The real pro's know our OL is toast, they know they can exploit it. The next 3 games will tell the story, and then maybe you really super positive fans (rspf) will come to reality, maybe then you'll wake up. See this team for what it is, winning off gimmicks is not going to happen in the play offs. Good teams will be there, not these wannabe teams we seem to beat, but when it comes to the real deal, our team mails it in 2/3rds of the time.

I find it so funny that against teams with no chance of making the play offs we're 6-1. Against teams with a record today 19 -53, we're 6-1. But against teams who have a shot at the play offs we're 3-2, and they have a 47-22 record! Meaning we are 9-3 against a total record of 66 -75. Good teams beat good teams, SB teams beat every one.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

22nd against the run, 29th in pass protection, those are facts, not my web site, not my stats, I'm just the messenger on them. The gimmicks will only work against the bad teams. We only play the Stains the last game of the season, and I think we'll be so banged up, we may lose to them when we get there. That was my idea, not a fact, just an opinion.

Maybe these stats explains why they pick a team with a winning record that has a solid LOS over a team that has a better record but is starting backups to backups on it's LOS specially on O. Every announcer out there knows our weakness is the OL and they know Dallas will exploit it. They don't like us, and we don't like them. They will use anything they can, every chance they can. Tomorrow I predict the Cowboys hand us #4 loss, and hopefully Ben makes it through the game. This is going to be a battle, but our OL will cave, they have at some point against every team we played this year, but against quality competition, they falter routinely and normally lose the battle at the LOS.

The real question is, why is the AFC nose diving so bad this year? I thought parody was to give every team a chance to win and get in the playoffs. It was to stop the dynasty forming, building from the draft, like us and the Cowboys did in the 70's n 80's. Every team was suppose to go from rags to riches at some point? Parody is not making us better, we're a weaker team today then we were last year. Oh well, maybe I should just drink my juice and say things like Go, go, go, fight fight fight, win win win! Rah rah rah! :tt1

We all know the line has it's problems. But your stats are looking back.

Stapleton has been a nice improvement.

Our interior line is getting better.

And our playcalling is starting to help the line more with the sack numbers going down since early in the season.

I bet you cannot find a line with 4 new starters mid season that performs well in that same season.

Lines take time to develop.

I'll concede that we don't have the best tackles in the game.

But even Max and Willie are playing better than they were earlier in the season.

Not to mention the offense around them hasn't really helped them much to date this year.

Ben being hurt and not practicing has hurt.

Santonio's being playing half hearted at times, even quiting on a couple routes that have led to bad throws on the QB.

And offensively, Heath Miller has been misused.

But all that said, we're starting to get better.

And offenses tend to be streaky.

Winning championships is about great defense and an offense getting on fire at the right time.

I've been as frustrated as you watching many of these games.

But don't you see things getting better?

And to Tomlin's credit, he's made a lot of our weaknesses strengths in a short time. DLine, DBs, LBs, and ST have all improved dramatically.

WHile our offense isn't where any of us want it to be, we have had guys ready to step in and play hard.

Just takes time to gel.

Oline is the toughest position to play in football.

It's the one unit that's about the unit and the offense. Not individual talent.

stlrz d
12-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I see 5 teams that we beat ranked ahead of us in run blocking and 8 teams that we beat ranked ahead of us in pass blocking. :lol:

Guess stats don't tell the whole story, do they? Especially when the only stat that really matters is W's and L's. :wink:

Think those teams would trade their O line rankings with us to be 9-3 and leading their respective divisions? :roll:

AkronSteel
12-06-2008, 02:29 PM

:Agree
...with everything you just said! I like when the media doesn't give the Steelers credit. I thought about it last week watching Deion on the NFL Network on Sunday night. We had just beat the snot out of the Patriots* and he doesn't give us any credit and guarantees a Dallas win this week. At that point, at least for me, it was no longer time to enjoy the NE win. It was time for Dallas week! I hope some of our players saw that little clip and thought about it the same way I did!

:tt1

SidSmythe
12-06-2008, 09:33 PM
These guys are toast.
Chock up another post for SMYTHE

:tt1 :Beer :tt2 :Binky :tt1 :Beer :tt2