PDA

View Full Version : Hasselbeck disses Ben

Djfan
12-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck who recently said the following in public in answering a child's question about whether or not girls should be allowed to play in the NFL:

"Girls can play in the NFL. Ben Roethlisberger plays for the Steelers, right?"

Hasselbeck said he was joking but I say let's "hassle" Hasselbeck with a little Steelers Nation love. He has an official web site with a guest book and I suggest to everyone that you take some time to leave the Seahawk loser a little love note at:

http://www.matthasselbeck.com/guestbook/433.html

I already left him mine! Seems he is still suffering from that defeat we handed him in Super Bowl XL.

Got this in my e-mail today. I bet he meant it as a friend to friend jab, not a pained comment. I bet they have a couple of drinks together from time to time.

Have at him!

SidSmythe
12-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Ben hasn't ever seen a "couple" of drinks.

I am sure he drink Matt's for him. :P

I am sure they were joking. Hasslebeck is one of the good guys in the NFL ...

Ozey74
12-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for this post! I was at a sportsbar with some buddies after work and saw this story on the ESPN that had no sound. I wondered what was going on here.

Matt Hasselbeck seems like a good guy. I bet this is nothing more than good nature ribbin'. Hasselbeck's Seahawks are awful and he has no business talkin' like this in a serious fashion.

:tt2

NorthCoast
12-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Also saw it on ESPN tonight. It was all in jest and not meant as anything other than that. In fact, Kornheiser said that of all the QBs in the league today Ben is probably the least sissified of any.

Iron Shiek
12-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I don't know though. Hearing some people on Sirius NFL Radio talk sometimes (not just hosts, but insiders too), they say Ben tends to embellish his injuries and that he always seems to be hurt. He seems to have that stigma in NFL circles anyway the way it comes off...

Djfan
12-06-2008, 02:46 AM
I completely believe that it is like two frat brothers who are giving nonsense to each other. I just thought it was funny. Ben will fire back and they will get a commercial deal out of it.

sd steel
12-06-2008, 03:11 AM
Yes it sounds like a funny comment, and aside from being a Seahawk Hasslebeck seems like a good guy, but these guys have egos larger than the earth. I hope Ben takes it well, but he is still a guy who feels like he has something to prove even though he has many millions, and a ring and is the toast of the town in Pittsburgh, (most of the time).

There was something behind the comment, and I think Ben, as young as he is will take it very personal. Have you ever heard one active NFL QB call out another......ever....even in jest? It doesn't happen. It might be nothing, but it might be something. Hopefully it lights a fire under Big Ben.

stlrz d
12-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't know though. Hearing some people on Sirius NFL Radio talk sometimes (not just hosts, but insiders too), they say Ben tends to embellish his injuries and that he always seems to be hurt. He seems to have that stigma in NFL circles anyway the way it comes off...

Ben, in the past, was always open about his injuries. Other players aren't so that's why people make the claims about embellishment, drama queen, etc.

If you'll notice, he doesn't speak openly about his injuries anymore. I remember a game earlier this season where the sideline reporter kept asking him (after the game) about his shoulder and he kept dismissing the question and would instead mention how well the team played. It happened 3 times before she finally got the hint and stopped asking.

Iron Shiek
12-06-2008, 10:15 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":37rxnmd6]I don't know though. Hearing some people on Sirius NFL Radio talk sometimes (not just hosts, but insiders too), they say Ben tends to embellish his injuries and that he always seems to be hurt. He seems to have that stigma in NFL circles anyway the way it comes off...

Ben, in the past, was always open about his injuries. Other players aren't so that's why people make the claims about embellishment, drama queen, etc.

If you'll notice, he doesn't speak openly about his injuries anymore. I remember a game earlier this season where the sideline reporter kept asking him (after the game) about his shoulder and he kept dismissing the question and would instead mention how well the team played. It happened 3 times before she finally got the hint and stopped asking.[/quote:37rxnmd6]

Same thing with Tomlin. Its a such a played out joke for Tomlin on Sirius that whenever they welcome him to the show, the first thing he says is "Thanks for having me, Willie Parker is fine" in the same breath. They even use that sounder for promotion of one of their shows.

stlrz d
12-06-2008, 10:20 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2cu3ktw4][quote="Iron Shiek":2cu3ktw4]I don't know though. Hearing some people on Sirius NFL Radio talk sometimes (not just hosts, but insiders too), they say Ben tends to embellish his injuries and that he always seems to be hurt. He seems to have that stigma in NFL circles anyway the way it comes off...

If you'll notice, he doesn't speak openly about his injuries anymore. I remember a game earlier this season where the sideline reporter kept asking him (after the game) about his shoulder and he kept dismissing the question and would instead mention how well the team played. It happened 3 times before she finally got the hint and stopped asking.[/quote:2cu3ktw4]

Same thing with Tomlin. Its a such a played out joke for Tomlin on Sirius that whenever they welcome him to the show, the first thing he says is "Thanks for having me, Willie Parker is fine" in the same breath. They even use that sounder for promotion of one of their shows.[/quote:2cu3ktw4]

That's awesome! :lol:

flippy
12-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Funny stuff.

It'd be neat to see a tape of hits that draw fines on other QBs and then the hits Ben takes that are 10 times worse and not fined.

Byron's another guy who's taken some shots.

Big QBs are treated different.

NorCal-Steeler
12-07-2008, 01:45 PM
The difference in Matts injurys and Bens is Ben still plays, Matt has missed most of the season with numbness and tingling in his leggs......isnt that called an orgasm?