PDA

View Full Version : Was the win @ NE the Steelers biggest win since the SB?

Ozey74
12-05-2008, 09:21 PM
I think it was. Like a skunk, we sprayed our scent to the rest of the conference to let them know that we shouldn't be taken lightly.

:tt2

TD386Steel
12-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Its got to be a big confidence builder. You can say that Cassel sucks or isnt Brady, but they have owned us for years. But not now, and my confidence in this team has grown from it. So I agree, it felt good.

Ozey74
12-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Its got to be a big confidence builder. You can say that Cassel sucks or isnt Brady, but they have owned us for years. But not now, and my confidence in this team has grown from it. So I agree, it felt good.

There were some passes that Cassel missed that I remember thinking probably would of been completions had Tom Brady been playing.

But, Cassel did throw for 400 yds in each of the previous 2 weeks. I don't care how bad the pass D were, if you throw for that many yards in consecutive weeks, you have some talent.

If we frustrate Romo the same way we frustrated Cassel, I will be on cloud nine on Sunday!!

costanza2k1
12-05-2008, 09:31 PM
To me it sure felt like it. That game just meant so much to the Steelers...Now beating the cowgirls will just add to the high I'm having!

NorthCoast
12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
I honestly don't believe NE is that good this year. They are ancient on the DL and bad in the secondary. Their OL is average. Bellichick has been able to scheme to keep them competitive and unlike Arians he understood from early this season that he had to shorten their passing game to keep Cassell out of trouble. It still irritates to me no end that BA took almost half the season before he realized he had to switch to a shorter passing game due to our OL play.

I think a loss to NE would have been very damaging considering how weak NE is this year. It would clearly have shown we are not where we thought we should be.

Iron Shiek
12-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I think it was. Like a skunk, we sprayed our scent to the rest of the conference to let them know that we shouldn't be taken lightly.

EAT IT CHEATERS (and rest of AFC!)
http://www.whynotad.com/_mm/_d/_ext/4527/big_Skunk%20Spray%20Color01.jpg

Chachi
12-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Was the win @ NE the Steelers biggest win since the SB?

Unfortunately, yes.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Depends what you mean by big win.

I truly believe that the Pats were overated as a team coming in because of that cupcake schedule. On paper we should have beaten them, and we did.

From the historic or mental side of it, the win was a big monkey off our backs and a game in which had we lost the sour taste would have just been extended another year.

TallyStiller
12-06-2008, 08:56 PM
We could eventually look back on it as the start of something big... I think this team is ready to come together... kind of like the beat down we put on Chicago in early December '05 that set the tone for the rest of the season that year. That game, and maybe more specifically the play where JB just absolutely trucked Brian Urlacher on the way to the EZ, seemed to be the point on which our season pivoted. I hope to look back on this game the same way.

Iron Shiek
12-06-2008, 09:37 PM
We could eventually look back on it as the start of something big... I think this team is ready to come together... kind of like the beat down we put on Chicago in early December '05 that set the tone for the rest of the season that year. That game, and maybe more specifically the play where JB just absolutely trucked Brian Urlacher on the way to the EZ, seemed to be the point on which our season pivoted. I hope to look back on this game the same way.

That is one of my favorite offensive plays of recent memory. Made even better due to watching that game with a Bears fan friend of mine and absolutely rubbing in how Urlacher's imprint was in that spot of the field the rest of the day. :Beer

Flasteel
12-06-2008, 09:40 PM
The only win I might put above it is the Monday night beat-down we placed on the Ravens last November. The season before they really punked us and to come out like that and return the favor in front of a national audience and the greatest players in our history was pretty sweet.

That said, the New England game was big. Here's to it being the fourth or fifth biggest this year.

MeetJoeGreene
12-06-2008, 09:51 PM
The only win I might put above it is the Monday night beat-down we placed on the Ravens last November. The season before they really punked us and to come out like that and return the favor in front of a national audience and the greatest players in our history was pretty sweet.

That said, the New England game was big. Here's to it being the fourth or fifth biggest this year.

Good call on the Ratbirds game. $$ call on the fourth or fifth biggest this year.. :tt1