PDA

View Full Version : something different this year about the Steelers

Steelhere10
12-05-2008, 07:19 PM
over the past 3 years the Steelers have struggled against 3 teams, and this year have beaten them all . Jaguars, Chargers and Pats* could this be a speacial year.

ghettoscott
12-05-2008, 07:30 PM
every year is a special year for STEELERS FOOTBALL!!!! :Beer :tt1

SidSmythe
12-05-2008, 08:33 PM
This defense is special.

We've had some pretty good Defenses in the past, but this one is special.

Very consistant week after week. We gave up some big yardage in a few games in 1994 ... this defense isn't giving any ground this year.

5 games over 300 total yards given up in 1994
ZERO this year so far

costanza2k1
12-05-2008, 08:39 PM
There is something different about them. They're exactly what the writers and media are complaining about. Unpredictable. You don't have an idea if they're going to a run game, short passing, or a the long chunks passing game that Arians prefers. I look at it this way they have perfected the run over the years. The long game last year. Now they have perfected the short quick passing game out of necessity. I never imagined the Philly beatdown being a blessing in disguise. We are now a force whether some believe so or not. We are a difficult team to prepare for offensively. The beauty of all this is we one of the best all time defenses ever and all the Offense has to do is avoid mistakes. IT IS ON!

RKSteel
12-05-2008, 09:58 PM
There is something different about them. They're exactly what the writers and media are complaining about. Unpredictable. You don't have an idea if they're going to a run game, short passing, or a the long chunks passing game that Arians prefers. I look at it this way they have perfected the run over the years. The long game last year. Now they have perfected the short quick passing game out of necessity. I never imagined the Philly beatdown being a blessing in disguise. We are now a force whether some believe so or not. We are a difficult team to prepare for offensively. The beauty of all this is we one of the best all time defenses ever and all the Offense has to do is avoid mistakes. IT IS ON!
That's the truth. Every article I've read have the Steelers as contenders, BUT they have to start running the ball again or they won't get to the SB. Why do the Steelers have to run? Cause running the ball=Steelers football? These writers seem to forget that the Steelers got the SBXL on the strength of Ben's arm.

Pass to set up the run. Get a couple of quick scores, and unleash BAD WORD LEBEAU'S defense.

I Got A Feeling.....

Super Bowl XLIII or Bust! :tt1

costanza2k1
12-05-2008, 10:14 PM
That's the truth. Every article I've read have the Steelers as contenders, BUT they have to start running the ball again or they won't get to the SB. Why do the Steelers have to run? Cause running the ball=Steelers football? These writers seem to forget that the Steelers got the SBXL on the strength of Ben's arm.

Pass to set up the run. Get a couple of quick scores, and unleash BAD WORD LEBEAU'S defense.

I Got A Feeling.....

[youtube:24rsukdu]em-Q0qLCAL4[/youtube:24rsukdu]

Ozey74
12-05-2008, 10:17 PM

I Got A Feeling.....

[youtube:pzj2adkl]em-Q0qLCAL4[/youtube:pzj2adkl]

Gosh I love that jingle!

Ezekiel 25:17
12-05-2008, 10:18 PM
The real beauty is this. Our offense is starting to gel at the right time of the season.

Particularly, the Oline is starting to come together as a unit, and while they'll never be confused for the Hogs of the 1980s or Dallas' OL of the early 90s, they are beginning to play as unit.

Arians is finally adjusting the rest of the O around this and is doing more short drops and short passes and allowing for the receivers to gain YAC.

Our running game seems to have improved, and we're getting starting to get into the endzone.

Oh, it's going to be a FUN January.

Iron Shiek
12-06-2008, 12:10 AM

I Got A Feeling.....

[youtube:e1li5iye]em-Q0qLCAL4[/youtube:e1li5iye]

Gosh I love that jingle!

Herrrre We Go!!! Steelers! Here we go! Pittsburgh's goin to the Super Bowl.

I can listen to that song 50 times in a row and not get sick of it. Its so cheesy, but just gives me good memories of driving to Detroit and playing it 50 times in a row on the way to a Super Bowl victory. Good times! :Beer