PDA

View Full Version : Trib Live Pick-em' Contest Carry Over - Week 14

fo$lrock
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Alrighty, I'm hoping the mods are kind enough to let me carry this over and provide an opportunity for those that have played in the Pick-em' Contest that I ran over at the trib a chance to finish their season... With all the sucka's pulling the rug out from under us, this contest really has no home, but we are already 13 weeks in. So, if you guys are kind enough to let me run this over here, i'd appreciate it.

I also will also provide a chance for any members in this forum to also play in this game for the rest of the season.

This way, I can bring some semblance to finish this season for those that have already invested a lot of thier time thinking about their picks, while also allowing new posters from other places participate for the final 4 weeks, and the playoffs.

So, I threw rafts out in the following forums, where basically all trib refugees have fled off to. Damn, it's like a boat crashed off Hawaii, and all the survivors are on different islands.

Anyway, the contest will also be ran concurrently in these areas for the last 4 weeks, and the playoffs.

Steeler Nation (http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16109)

Planet Steelers (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3420)

The Steelers Forum (http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1228431696)

Also, I will amend the rules. More than likely we will probably lose quite a few posters with the titanic sinking, so the new rules are..

The top 10 trib posters make it into the playoffs. HOWEVER, the last 6 playoff positions will be reserved for all of those that wish to participate from here on out. The top 6 posters from the final 4 weeks will make it as the 11th through 16th seeds.

-----
Message to all the trib refugees..

The trib titanic might have sunk, but fortunately, I tossed the life vest out, hopped on, brought my pick-em thread over and restarted the game on a new island in a Steeler friendly land.

Unfortunately, i'm afraid we probably will lose quite a few from the ship wreck, and this contest might take on a new tone the rest of the way. HOWEVER, if you land on this island.. you can rejoin the contest, and after Sunday when I do a head count, we will see how to redo this contest to make it a fair way to determine a champion.

So, i'm picking back up the pieces from the ship wreck..

If you are a trib refugee, and have a different user name please just identify yourself in your pick thread, when you post, so that I can keep tally of your scores.

Also, the trib might have lost the last 3 years worth of pick-em' history, but I still got them in my excel files. SO, if you want any historical archives, let me know.

Good luck, and may the picking force be with you. Finally, I might get a chance to win one of my own contests. I was pretty much eliminated over at the trib. . But with 64 games to go, and a whole lot of questionmarks on where the survivors are, I have some new life in this game!

--------

Thanks to the 63 posters that participated in the Pick-em' Contest that was held at the Tribs Pittsburgh Live Steelers Forum.

Congratulations to goat27 for winning this weeks contest by getting 13 of the 16 games correct..

Here is the tally of this weeks total:

13-3 (1) - goat27

12-4 (4) – Bradshaw's Hairdresser, bradyshawda, SaccMann, stlrsrock

11-5 (9) – BigBenRocks, candlerman, fo$lrock, GA Steeler, manofsteel2k6, MCHammer, oldmancurt, steelersfootball4life, Vermont Steeler,

10-4 - gsanche2

10-6 (21) – amarano, beerman in berlin, dy, eniparadoxgma, Farfan, feltdizz, jaj, JerryGlanville, Kennyes, Metalheads437, Mick's Team, mnteti, Mofo, Notleadpoisoned, Papillon, ray, SinCitySteeler, _SteeL_CurtaiN_, surcalifero, ticheel, tim082669

9-7 (11) – BigEyedFish, daddyo, exNCite, GotlDrums, mshifko, Raleighmike, rickt011, SteelerBuck, Steelerman, The Keystoner, Toddjammin

9-6 (1) - TD386Steel

8-8 (9) – 100$handshake, BURGH86STEEL, denobrien, I,Claudius, proudpittsburgher, SoulKitchen, steelcurtain44, steelinmichigan, tsamm

7-6 (1) - A+M=O, BrownSteel

7-9 (3) – CPA17.1, ranrod7, Sackdatrat92

The following didn't place picks this week, and received a strike:

0-0 (4)
danilope28, Fordy, hrdcrsteelers, RKSteel

Here is the season tally after Week 13:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x139/foslrock/week13_a.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x139/foslrock/week13_b.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x139/foslrock/week13_c.jpg

--------------------------

Once again, in order to make this a quick and painless process, so that I can tally these countless amount of picks, I would like everyone to post their picks in the same standardized form.

So, please just provide a list of the names of the winning cities in the EXACT ORDER that is listed in the schedule below..

In order to save me the painful task of editing everyones picks, if you can just copy (ctrl + c) and paste (ctrl + v) the schedule below, and delete the team that you think is going to lose, along with the "at", this will help me tally these in the most efficient way possible.

So, please don't abbreviate, or reorder the picks! Just list the names of the cities in the order below…

Now on to week 14!

Just a reminder that there are now Thursday games throughout the rest of the season. If you don’t get your picks in by the Thursday games, that is ok, just get your picks in by Sunday.. If you want to change your picks for Sunday’s game, after the Thursday game is complete, please post them in a new post.

Due to the fact that the Trib went down on Thursday, I have dropped the Oakland and San Diego game from the schedule.

Here is the schedule for week 14:

Jacksonville at Chicago
Minnesota at Detroit
Houston at Green Bay
Cleveland at Tennessee
Cincinnati at Indianapolis
Atlanta at New Orleans
Philadelphia at NY Giants
Kansas City at Denver
Miami at Buffalo
NY Jets at San Francisco
New England at Seattle
St Louis at Arizona
Dallas at Pittsburgh
Washington at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at Carolina

proudpittsburgher
12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
New Orleans
NY Giants
Denver
Miami
NY Jets
New England
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

fo$lrock
12-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Atlanta
NY Giants
Denver
Miami
San Francisco
New England
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Carolina

papillon
12-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Atlanta
NY Giants
Denver
Miami
NY Jets
New England
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

Papillon

BURGH86STEEL
12-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Bears
Vikes
Indy
Eagles
Titans
Atlanta
Greenbay
Miami
Jets
Pats
Denver
Cards
Steelers
Skins
Carolina

Uncle Rico
12-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Atlanta
NY Giants
Denver
Buffalo
NY Jets
New England
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Washington
Tampa Bay

TD386Steel
12-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Atlanta
NY Giants
Denver
Miami
NY Jets
New England
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Carolina

Iron Shiek
12-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Chicago
Detroit
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Denver
Buffalo
NY Jets
New England
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Washington
Tampa Bay

Mick'sTeam
12-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Jacksonville at Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Atlanta
NY Giants
Denver
Miami
NY Jets
New England
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

SteelBucks
12-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Atlanta
NY Giants
Denver
Miami
NY Jets
New England
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Carolina

feltdizz
12-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Denver
Miami
San Francisco
New England
St Louis at Arizona
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

fo$lrock
12-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks to the mods for allowing me to move this contest over here for the duration of the season! Also, just wanted to state, that I think we have almost all of the top 25 to 30 posters back in the contest! One person that i'm feeling a bit sorry right now is Tsamm.

He sent me his picks on Tuesday, because he was heading out on some R&R and wouldn't be near a computer till after christmas. I put those final 3 weeks in place on my spreadsheets, but don't have the picks from week 4 which he had already placed on the trib. So, I think to be fair, he gets at least his average for the season for this week over the course of the 16 game schedule. He's also currently in the thick of the playoff season. If he doesn't show up by the start of the playoffs, we will render him void, but if he does show up, and he's in one of the top spots by then, he will get in the playoffs if he's in the top 10 from the original trib group..

ALSO, it looks like having this thread across 3 different forums will be a new interesting twist. Who cares if the trib went down. Everyone from over there is pretty much back in, and we have new posters jumping on board from the sites, creating a better contest since it now includes 3 different forums.

Next week, I will drop the trib title from the pick contest. All posters will also have a forum designator in their standings for either PlanetSteeler, SteelerNation, or TheSteeelerForum, since most trib posters are scattered throughout.

The board with the highest average for the year gets a free cookie or something. :)

Good luck to all, and to all the newbys.

There are 64 games left in the season!

Iron Shiek
12-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for giving us something else to do rock (and for all the effort going into it).

Should be fun. (I might be the only dip$hit across all three forums to pick the Lions...but I have a sneaky feeling they get off the schneid!).

kennyes
12-07-2008, 01:37 AM
--------

Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Atlanta
NY Giants
Denver
Miami
NY Jets
New England
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Carolina

fo$lrock
12-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Well, the games have started and this week is officially closed.

Ok, so i've done a tally through the 3 boards that this contest is playing in, and we have recovered 30 of the posters, and gained 12 new ones.

SO, the rules from here on out is that the top 12 trib posters make the playoffs, and are seeded 1-12

The top 4 newby's from the final 4 weeks also make the playoffs and will be seeded 13-16.

Good luck, all.

feltdizz
12-07-2008, 07:00 PM
I know the game has started already but I messed up the rams zona pick...

I picked zona.. picked them on the thrib as well.. just saw that it didn't go through...

let me know if it's too late... but who would ever pick the rams this season?