PDA

View Full Version : I feel like the new kid on 1st day of school...

Ezekiel 25:17
12-05-2008, 11:07 AM
...transferring from my old high school, TribLive High. I knew the kids there, walked the halls with comfort, knew who was OK, who was a jackhole, etc.

I'm sure I'll integrate well here. Some things are familiar (I see some names I recognize) and some aren't (can't figure out the whole avatar thing here - guess I'll PM the mods).

The key though is a common thread. Not a HS diploma, but the discussion of insightful aspects of my beloved Steelers.

That said, time to put the past in the past. It's Dallas week. We're 9-3 with 4 (well, 3 anyway) tough games to wind up the season. Our O is starting to come around, though we have a way to go before I'm comfortable. Our D is STIFLING and is good enough to be ridden to the SB. Jeff Reed is having a helluva season and our ST, with the exception of our punting situation (which also seems to be much better with Berger instead of Ernster).

RuthlessBurgher
12-05-2008, 11:11 AM
...transferring from my old high school, TribLive High. I knew the kids there, walked the halls with comfort, knew who was OK, who was a jackhole, etc.

I'm sure I'll integrate well here. Some things are familiar (I see some names I recognize) and some aren't (can't figure out the whole avatar thing here - guess I'll PM the mods).

The key though is a common thread. Not a HS diploma, but the discussion of insightful aspects of my beloved Steelers.

That said, time to put the past in the past. It's Dallas week. We're 9-3 with 4 (well, 3 anyway) tough games to wind up the season. Our O is starting to come around, though we have a way to go before I'm comfortable. Our D is STIFLING and is good enough to be ridden to the SB. Jeff Reed is having a helluva season and our ST, with the exception of our punting situation (which also seems to be much better with Berger instead of Ernster).

The purple Zeke pimpmobile has arrived! Welcome, brother!

pfelix73
12-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Hey, I know how you feel. But it's more like they transferred many of us from one school to another- permanently!

Hello to all.

Flasteel
12-05-2008, 11:15 AM

What up Zeke! Nearly everyone here should be a familiar face...err, name and many of them are the cream of the crop from the Trib who have been here for a while. It should be more like transferring back to your old high school and most of the idiots were expelled while you were gone.

flippy
12-05-2008, 11:36 AM
It's more like a school you used to attend.

SidSmythe
12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I hear ya Ezekial ... except there are a lot familiar faces here

I'm just glad there is no evidence of Timmons bashing by me. Of course I wasn't wrong THAT often, but i'm eatin' crow on that.

I feel like i got out of an old relationship and i'm looking for new :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

NC Steeler Fan
12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Oh man, I just realized, for the first time in my "board" life, I'm actually
a homegirl here now instead of a relative newbie...

Biiiiitchin'..... 8) :Boobs

feltdizz
12-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Hello everybody! I wouldn't say this is a new school, more like going from Junior High to HS..
you know some people but not everybody.

flippy
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM

once a noob always a noob :Boobs

Flasteel
12-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Hello everybody! I wouldn't say this is a new school, more like going from Junior High to HS..

Dizz in the hizzy!

anger 82&95
12-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I hear ya Ezekial ... except there are a lot familiar faces here

I'm just glad there is no evidence of Timmons bashing by me. Of course I wasn't wrong THAT often, but i'm eatin' crow on that.

I feel like i got out of an old relationship and i'm looking for new :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs
No Silverback objections here either!!! Do you remember when some individuals at the extinct board considered him to be too short to accomplish the job???

kennyes
12-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Welcome to a better place. I must admit I'll miss that sinking atrocity but mainly for sentimental reasons. Five years worth. But collaborating with you're analogy of high school think of it as everybody you've just graduated with and have shared years of growing and forming inseparable bonds and living all in the same dorm. Like them saved by the bell kids... But just without every irritant such as Zayets, t-bradshaw, every douche troll, 666, cowersucks 1-92 and of course Tommie-Zito and many, many others that have been left back. Welcome to your future Ezekiel!

:Boobs

Besides we've got better emoticons...

Iron Shiek
12-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Welcome y'all!

Just to make things poignantly clear... :brownssuck (only pretend it says Dallas for this week).

Uncle Rico
12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
...transferring from my old high school.
So does this place feel more like Bishop McCort or Vo-Tech?

12-05-2008, 12:17 PM
...transferring from my old high school.

Thanks for almost making me spit my coffee all over my keyboard!! :lol: :lol:

NC Steeler Fan
12-05-2008, 12:24 PM

137 posts to 16 says get your sorry asc in line buddy...

Mine's bigger than yours....nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyaaaaahh....

Uncle Rico
12-05-2008, 12:24 PM
[quote="Ezekiel 25:17":2q11jxw2]...transferring from my old high school.

Thanks for almost making me spit my coffee all over my keyboard!! :lol: :lol:[/quote:2q11jxw2]
If you really want to laugh take a look at some of these old yearbooks pics.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pacambr2/JHS/

feltdizz
12-05-2008, 12:35 PM

Dizz in the hizzy!

what up Flasteel!

SteelerNation1
12-05-2008, 01:19 PM
This is great seeing everybody FINALLY come over to the Planet permanantly. I even think i saw a flippy sighting???

flippy
12-05-2008, 01:25 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":2mscxwnf]Oh man, I just realized, for the first time in my "board" life, I'm actually

137 posts to 16 says get your sorry asc in line buddy...

Mine's bigger than yours....nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyaaaaahh....[/quote:2mscxwnf]

some guys like a girl with a big asc.... ;)

flippy
12-05-2008, 01:27 PM
This is great seeing everybody FINALLY come over to the Planet permanantly. I even think i saw a flippy sighting???

good to see the most famous celebrity in the Steeler Nation......

RuthlessBurgher
12-05-2008, 01:29 PM

Ronald McDonald is a pretty popular clown, you know...where is the avatar?

rpmpit
12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Effin' newbies :evil: :evil:

Just kidding :lol:

Welcome guys. Sorry about the old board, but I think you'll like it here.

flippy
12-05-2008, 01:36 PM

i haven't a clue how to add the avitar (spelled that way for wolfen in case he's around). i'm a noob.

Iron Shiek
12-05-2008, 02:51 PM

i haven't a clue how to add the avitar (spelled that way for wolfen in case he's around). i'm a noob.

At top of screen, User Control Panel. Then on the left theres a Profile link under options. Then Edit "Avitar" and just upload the pic.

SteelerNation1
12-05-2008, 03:41 PM

Too kind flip. How about someone actually bought me a beer last year. Not because you are my agent, but because I sent him a Steelers cd a few yrs ago. :tt1

flippy
12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
it's about time you got that beer..... :tt1

flippy
12-05-2008, 05:52 PM

At top of screen, User Control Panel. Then on the left theres a Profile link under options. Then Edit "Avitar" and just upload the pic.

Thanks but I couldn't get it to work. I plugged in the following url:

http://hope.abta.org/images/content/pag ... /16159.jpg (http://hope.abta.org/images/content/pagebuilder/16159.jpg)

http://hope.abta.org/images/content/pagebuilder/16159.jpg

sd steel
12-05-2008, 05:53 PM
"I feel like the new kid on 1st day of school..."

Why? Did someone give you a wedgy and steal your milk money? :shock: :lol:

pirogi pete
12-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey guys!

Should be interesting here, huh?

TallyStiller
12-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Craziest thing here to me is seeing Flip and Pirogi Pete rated as "undrafted FA"... just strange. Sometimes, ya gotta be forced to uproot yourself. Was just too lazy to find this place, even given the increasing inanity of the Trib board. Good to see so many recognizable folks.

flippy
12-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Craziest thing here to me is seeing Flip and Pirogi Pete rated as "undrafted FA"... just strange. Sometimes, ya gotta be forced to uproot yourself. Was just too lazy to find this place, even given the increasing inanity of the Trib board. Good to see so many recognizable folks.

You're just another Willie Parker yourself :tt1

Ozey74
12-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Sometimes, ya gotta be forced to uproot yourself.

Much like the population of Pittsburgh in the early 1980's.

:tt1

agdci981
12-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Well, looks like no one can be accountable now for their dumb comments about things in the past, particularly rickt...oh well....I owned him before the Trib shut its doors.

SidSmythe
12-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I need more posts to get a better status...so...
:Binky

12-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Well, looks like no one can be accountable now for their dumb comments about things in the past, particularly rickt...oh well....I owned him before the Trib shut its doors.

Let's start fresh. Remember the TOS. He'll report you to the Mods....

(p.s. I got a little ownership of his aszz myself :wink: )

That said, let's let bygones be bygones and start anew. I'm sure there will soon be historical posts that can be pulled to evidence trolls in sheep's clothing.

Flasteel
12-05-2008, 10:40 PM

That's kind of a great way to look at it. There is no permanent or official record of anyone's douchebaggery...it's a brand new ball game. Our memories aren't completely fallable, but it's a chance for everyone to re-create themselves if need be.

AngryAsian
12-05-2008, 10:45 PM

That's kind of a great way to look at it. There is no permanent or official record of anyone's douchebaggery...it's a brand new ball game. Our memories aren't completely fallable, but it's a chance for everyone to re-create themselves if need be.

Excellent points.

MeetJoeGreene
12-05-2008, 11:21 PM
It is a new school... without the short bus:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/jbitty29/msmshortbus.jpg

kennyes
12-06-2008, 03:51 AM
It is a new school... without the short bus:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/jbitty29/msmshortbus.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TallyStiller
12-06-2008, 09:16 AM

You're just another Willie Parker yourself :tt1

Yeah, but youse guys were lifers on the other board... me and my pedestrian 1,500 posts can't hold a candle to the 15,000 crew. Just doesn't seem quite as odd to see me with my name taped to my helmet. None the less, good to see ya!