Bradshaw: "Iíll trade you for a couple of Cowboys T-shirts."

Brandt: "What for?"

Bradshaw: "I need something to clean my tractor."

Classic. :lol:

flippy
12-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Good read.

I never saw this comment before:

"Mr. [Art] Rooney finally told us, 'If youíre so interested in this guy, Iím going to keep him. He must be pretty good.í " <- referring to TB

Chachi
12-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Good read.

"Mr. [Art] Rooney finally told us, 'If youíre so interested in this guy, Iím going to keep him. He must be pretty good.í " <- referring to TB

Well, in an sour grapes article that could be summed up as "The Steelers weren't better than us, they were just lucky.", I read that comment you quoted as a passive aggressive insult of Rooney.

ie. "Rooney didn't have a clue how good Bradshaw was until we told him."

The whole time I was reading it I couldn't help but think I will be reading this exact same article 20 years from now in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

anger 82&amp;95
12-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Good read.

Well, in an sour grapes article that could be summed up as "The Steelers weren't better than us, they were just lucky.", I read that comment you quoted as a passive aggressive insult of Rooney.

ie. "Rooney didn't have a clue how good Bradshaw was until we told him."

The whole time I was reading it I couldn't help but think I will be reading this exact same article 20 years from now in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.I recently watched a documentary on the Steeler/Cowboy rivalry in the 1970s, and some of the ex-Dallas personnel still take umbrage at the perception that the Steelers were the better team!? As much as I respected Tom Landry, I resented the fact that he continued to grouse and complain until his dying days about what he felt was unfair treatment by the officiating crew during the two super bowl loses to Pittsburgh.

Steeler Expat
12-05-2008, 12:23 PM
I met Tom Landry briefly at UPMC when he was there for a benefit on behalf of his daughter (I think). She had had some sort of transplant and he was there to help raise money for transplant research. Anyway, he was a really nice guy especially among so many Steeler fans. So that's my Tom Landry moment.