PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Steelers will have a choice on sunday

tomiesteel08
12-05-2008, 12:04 AM
IRVING, TEXAS (TICKER) —Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber was held out of practice for a third straight day due to a dislocated toe, putting his availability in doubt for Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Thursday that Barber is looking more doubtful to play, although he did indicate the bruising back still could be a game-time decision.

Barber, who has rushed for 870 yards and seven touchdowns this season, was injured in the second quarter of the Cowboys’ 34-9 win over Seattle on Thanksgiving.

If Barber is unable to go, rookie Tashard Choice would start against the league’s top-ranked defense. Choice rushed for 57 yards on 11 carries against Seattle after Barber was injured.

Anyone know anything about this kid tashard choice ?

AkronSteel
12-05-2008, 12:07 AM
IRVING, TEXAS (TICKER) —Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber was held out of practice for a third straight day due to a dislocated toe, putting his availability in doubt for Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Thursday that Barber is looking more doubtful to play, although he did indicate the bruising back still could be a game-time decision.

Barber, who has rushed for 870 yards and seven touchdowns this season, was injured in the second quarter of the Cowboys’ 34-9 win over Seattle on Thanksgiving.

If Barber is unable to go, rookie Tashard Choice would start against the league’s top-ranked defense. Choice rushed for 57 yards on 11 carries against Seattle after Barber was injured.

Anyone know anything about this kid tashard choice ?

Welcome aboard Tomie!

Choice is a solid back! He hits the holes quickly and has very good vision but he lacks break away speed. He will not give the Steelers D problems this week! It will be a long day for the rookie.

Jooser
12-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Well, I know he'll have a tough day against the Steelers D. I also know that Dallas' backup RB isn't as solid as ours, thank you Mewelde Moore. Barber is a bruising back, but so are our LBs, so bring em on.

Mel Blount's G
12-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Gimpy opponent rb toe + heinz field + steel deathfense = :tt1 :Beer

SteelerNation1
12-05-2008, 01:10 AM
steel deathfense = :tt1 :Beer
Nice nickname mel

proudpittsburgher
12-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm not worried about Barber anymore, healthy or not. If we can shut Brandon Jacobs down, Barber will fall just like the rest of them. And if we can key on the pass with Choice in the backfield, it could be a very bad day for Little D.

Iron Shiek
12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
The only thing with Choice is that there isn't a ton of film on him, trying to identify his tendencies could be tough. I think he shocks everyone on the first and/or second drive...but once the game gets going we shut em down.

Kind of like the Cheaters game, let them do what they want until we force them to start passing and drop the hammer.

flippy
12-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I'd rest my key starters against the Steelers too so they don't get banged up.

Better to have them healthy for the next 3 games.

SidSmythe
12-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Well, I know he'll have a tough day against the Steelers D. .

You beat me too it.

:Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

RKSteel
12-05-2008, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't worry about Barber, he's the type of back the Steelers shut down with regularity. The smaller, speedier guys gave them more problems.

Stop the run, get Mr. Jessica Simpson to start throwing, then Woodley and Harrison will be having a party in the Cowgirls backfield.